Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 07:07 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,050,957 times

Advertisements

Anti-Christian article. Be proud MSN!

That's interesting the drugs aren't blamed here. Since when someone shoots up a place, it's the guns that are the problem, not the person or their history.

Today, I hear a rock singer has lost his mind and been put under psych watch. So, did he try to come out gay and we should blame the church?

Old 11-28-2014, 07:08 PM

9,890 posts, read 10,821,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
All you did was copy and paste my post and try and pass that off as a response, but ok. Great point!

Translation: I have no argument so I'm giving up and acting like I won.

Explain why cultures across the world have different views on gender differences. What is it about Traditional Christian American gender norms that makes them clearly the correct ones over the massive number of others?
My question to you was....At what age do you suggest a child is allowed to make their own choices?

Regarding jjrose comment- Gender roles are nothing but a man made creation

Yeah that isnt worthy of a reply and confirms my suspicions of who I am dealing with.

Old 11-28-2014, 07:10 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,381,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Ok, lets not get into what a true Christian does or doesnt believe. I will restate that as Evangelical Christians which is the topic and my own personal view.
Here's an interesting article (3 years old) by Dr Warren Throckmorton (a Christian Psychologist) on why so many Evangelical Christians are "quite unprepared to discuss this very current topic with the most recent and best scholarship."

The Evangelical Blackout of Research on Sexual Orientation

Old 11-28-2014, 07:12 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
cmon...were done here
In nature girls don't automatically play with dolls and wear frilly dresses. Girls can hunt and fish just like boys. Boys can cook and clean just like girls. In fact it is better for both boys and girls to know how to cook, clean, and provide food for their own survival.

Old 11-28-2014, 07:13 PM

9,890 posts, read 10,821,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
Here's an interesting article (3 years old) by Dr Warren Throckmorton (a Christian Psychologist) on why so many Evangelical Christians are "quite unprepared to discuss this very current topic with the most recent and best scholarship."

The Evangelical Blackout of Research on Sexual Orientation
Dude ..save it, seen your posts on other threads, been there done that.

Old 11-28-2014, 07:14 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,093,577 times
Quote:
My question to you was....At what age do you suggest a child is allowed to make their own choices?
Depends on the decision. Some decisions are less influential than others, but it's important not to stifle a child's creativity. They'll need that if they want to amount to anything outside of the mundane. So there isn't a specific age I can give you as decisions are made all the time. But as they grow older, they should be making their own decisions more and more that way once they reach legal adulthood, they can be capable of making those decisions. But if a child is sheltered and told how to think their whole life, they won't handle real life too well.

Quote:

Yeah that isnt worthy of a reply and confirms my suspicions of who I am dealing with.
Why isn't it worthy of a reply? Do you know something we don't about gender roles? If so, it seems selfish of you to keep that for yourself. So please, enlighten me. Where do these gender roles come from?

Old 11-28-2014, 07:16 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
Translation "LA, LA,LA... I can't hear you!"

Old 11-28-2014, 07:19 PM

Quote:
What have you 'done'? You've never been able to rationally address the content of my posts on this topic.

Old 11-28-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Translation "LA, LA,LA... I can't hear you!"
Pretty much. Like I said, in the 21st century, a person has to deliberately choose to be remain ignorant about sexual orientation. It's really the only way they can try to justify their prejudice and denigration of gay and lesbian people.

Old 11-28-2014, 07:40 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,644,605 times
Quote:

Nobody gets a make a choice about their sexual orientation. Age doesn't matter in this discussion. A person's sexual orientation is already in determined before you can hand a girl a doll in a pink dress, or give your son a blue toy truck.

Sad part about a parent thinking their daughter has a choice about her sexual orientation, is that the message her parents are sending to her is, "We don't believe you, what you are telling us is not true." Yet the daughter is well aware of who she is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies