Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 04:21 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,834,761 times

Advertisements

This fellow, you can tell, is not a C-D member.
(Listen to the whole thing)

Russell Simmons and Blacks Criticize Don Lemon as a Uncle Tom [Video]

Russell Simmons & Blacks Criticize Don Lemon As A Uncle Tom - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2014, 05:42 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
You mean self loathing white progressives

I don't know anyone else who give those race industry hacks any credibility in what they say.

Jesse's son was elected to the Senate, and is now sitting in a FED Pen! So I guess there are voters who who believe their snake oil pitches.
Jesse and Al have probably been on Fox News more often than any other Black activists.

Old 11-28-2014, 05:50 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,834,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Jesse and Al have probably been on Fox News more often than any other Black activists.
Which would lend credence to the Fair and Balanced credo!

Old 11-28-2014, 05:55 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,172,697 times
I can barely understand what Jesse Jackson is saying. He sounds like a babbling old fool. He should never get airtime. I'm sure CNN's ratings dropped as soon he started speaking.

Old 11-28-2014, 08:15 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
I can barely understand what Jesse Jackson is saying. He sounds like a babbling old fool. He should never get airtime. I'm sure CNN's ratings dropped as soon he started speaking.
He does manage to get in a "rhyme" , though....LOL! SMH

"We must talk about the shooting before we discuss the looting" .......

Old 11-28-2014, 08:28 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
I have a good friend of mine who is a die hard democrat and he met sharpton before from where he works he said he doesn't really like sharpton much. Me I'm a pretty left liberal/progressive and i don't really care for sharpton much than again i don't watch msnbc either because i think they are all part of the media conglomerate that just picks and chooses who to be admired and who to not be liked. Sharpton is an opportunist much like Jesse Jackson. Sadly the only way many of these crimes get any air time is if either one of them are involved otherwise they get shoved to the back of the fridge and forgotten.

They usually respond after it's big news.

Old 11-28-2014, 08:29 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,986,059 times
He didn't even really address any of the points made. He is trying to justify the behavior but there were some legitimate points being made there.

Old 11-28-2014, 08:38 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Its like he almost has a cajun accent,but he speaks it backwards or something.

I am not a FOX fan in the least,but I have to give them props for one thing..when the Brown family press conference was going on,the very second Al Sharpton stepped up to the mic they cut away and didn't go back to it.

Old 11-28-2014, 08:43 PM

16,590 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
Al Sharpton bothers me the most. He's always turning up and stirring the pot, and even after Tawana Brawley, he is still given credibility.
The race merchants and those with racial animus chips on their shoulders are trusted confidants of Obama.

Lets not forget that Obama was a "community organizer" (aka rabble rouser) just like his buddy Sharpton was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1Cegid0GjQ

Old 11-28-2014, 09:30 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
If what you claim is true that most black people don't listen to them, I will be relieved.

Al Sharpton bothers me the most. He's always turning up and stirring the pot, and even after Tawana Brawley, he is still given credibility.

Tawana Brawley rape allegations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Someone please explain to me why he isn't run out of town and shunned. Isn't there someone out there that would do a better job than him as a "leader"?? Isn't there someone out there who has more of the spirit of MLK? I just don't feel it when Sharpton speaks.

Also, how do you feel about Sharpton being elevated as "trusted White House adviser" to President Obama? Apparently HE listens to him.
I think it's a damn shame. Couldn't the president think a little outside the box? And Sharpton surely is in a very confined, stifling same old, same old box.

Al Sharpton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I can't stand him. He definitely stirs the pot and causes a lot of racial divide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies