Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 05:55 PM

39,855 posts, read 26,482,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Simple solution:
STAY
THE
HELL
OUT
OF
NEW JERSEY
!

But I am glad the issue has been resolved in her favor.
Good advice for anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2014, 05:57 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,350,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampmonster View Post
I am happy for her and hope one day every American that is not a convicted felon can carry anywhere they please,but I guess I have a reading comp problem or am still not fully awake because I read the article twice and never saw where the NRA stepped in to do anything but issue a statement after the fact..did I miss it?
Yes you did miss it. The NRA publicized this case from a pretty early stage. Otherwise the prosecutor would have doubtless proceeded with his plan to stick her with a long prison sentence. According to her attorney, who is a noted gun rights/self defense rights lawyer:
NRA-ILA | Shaneen Allen to Avoid Prison as New Jersey AG Revises Sentencing Guidance for Gun Law Violations
Quote:
As Ms. Allen’s attorney Evan Nappen noted, these victories were not achieved in isolation but with the aid of untold numbers of Second Amendment supporters who ensured that these struggles did not go unnoticed. “Every NRA member should be proud,” Nappen said
Or you can take it from Shaneen Allen. One of the first people she called after the prosecutor caved was a reporter for NRA publications named Ginny Simone, who had covered the story and brought it to public awareness.

NRA News Cam & Co | Ginny Simone & Evan Nappen with the Latest on Shaneen Allen, September 24, 2014 - YouTube

Old 11-29-2014, 06:00 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,288,750 times
****ing liberals and their control freaks gun laws.

Old 11-29-2014, 06:21 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,350,760 times

NRA News Cam & Co | Ginny Simone & Evan Nappen with the Latest on Shaneen Allen, September 24, 2014 - YouTube
Here's another quote from her attorney that can be heard @ 7:23 in the above link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Nappen
A very special thanks is due to the NRA...to Ginny's excellent reporting, to this show, to the media of the NRA, from the cover of First Freedom magazine to all the internet...NRA was out front, and supporting Shaneen and made a huge difference in her case as well...."
But what does he know he was only her primary attorney.

Old 11-29-2014, 06:25 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
OMG!!! I think the world has been turned upside down as it's a known fact that the NRA doesn't like black people and yet they helped one. Could it be we're all in the Twilight Zone...
Any minute now a left wing kook will be shouting "token black"

Old 11-29-2014, 07:42 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Simple solution:
STAY
THE
HELL
OUT
OF
NEW JERSEY
!

But I am glad the issue has been resolved in her favor.
Not always possible, the law is a state cannot prevent you from traveling through it with a wepoan that is legal from your point of departure and destination. You will hav to abide by certain laws such storage of it and the ammunition.

There was a guy flying from Utah to PA with a layover in NJ. He checked his weapon in Utah and the plane was late getting to NJ and he missed his next flight. The PA destination was close so they offered a bus to the passengers. He got on the bus only to find that his bags never made it onto the bus. He got off the bus and collected his bags one of which had the gun. He checked into a nearby hotel, when he went to check his gun the next day they arrested him.

I think he spent two weeks in jail and they eventually dropped the charges, it took him something like 3 years to get his gun back. He sued but lost.

Old 11-29-2014, 11:25 PM

20,321 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
I am the NRA

I suspect Christie and his office had something to do with the reversal way behind the scenes.
I do too. He did veto the recent misguided bill to even further limit magazine capacity.

Old 11-30-2014, 05:47 AM

23,529 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Another reason to dislike Christie.
CC dumped the antigun activist judge who locked up the guy legally transporting his firearms.
That was a huge smack down to the antis who tried to call CC racists for this almost unprecedented move.

You think SA would have walked under Corzine or even Florio, whose 'florio free in 93' bumper stickers appeared in gun shops.

Old 11-30-2014, 06:18 AM

57,221 posts, read 26,166,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
OMG!!! I think the world has been turned upside down as it's a known fact that the NRA doesn't like black people and yet they helped one. Could it be we're all in the Twilight Zone...
The NRA would help Al Quaeda if it meant more guns on the street.

Glad she got off, there needs to be some discretion in the application of any law but she should have known better, not the first person locked up for not knowing the gun laws.

Old 11-30-2014, 07:03 AM

11,336 posts, read 16,691,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The NRA would help Al Quaeda if it meant more guns on the street.

Glad she got off, there needs to be some discretion in the application of any law but she should have known better, not the first person locked up for not knowing the gun laws.
I'd love to see proof of this BS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies