Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 04:04 PM

1,773 posts, read 2,673,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Actually, I am trying to finish some work so I have been half reading your posts and not going into detail with response because I don't have time to argue with you and frankly, I think it bothers you more that I do that than if I did go into a lengthy explanation. But even if I did have time, I am not going to bother to try to explain anything to you because it doesn't matter what I say, you won't accept it and will continue to argue with me about it.

And I haven't contradicted myself at all. Maybe it's a matter of reading comprehension or jumping to conclusions on your part?

The general consensus of what I have said today:

- MB was a thug.
- Officer Wilson was doing his job.
- There were three black kids and one Hispanic kid who killed the Bosnian guy.
- People are going to leave St. Louis and others are going to not come to St. Louis because of all that has gone on.
- While most people in St. Louis are good people, I'm sure, the thugs are ruining it for everyone.
- I don't think it was right for St. Louis Rams players, to basically support the thug Michael Brown by raising their hands (and MB didn't even raise his hands so that whole thing is kind of stupid anyway).
- Apparently other people don't like the St. Louis Rams doing that, either, including a St. Louis bar that now is going to run specials during Chiefs games instead of Rams games.
- This whole Michael Brown thing has lowered my opinion of St. Louis as a whole. I know what is happening in St. Louis doesn't represent everyone in St. Louis. But the antics there have made the place look bad to the whole world.

What would have made a difference to me:
- If the local police force hadn't been removed and replaced with county/state/federal police. They could have been there to support the local police instead of replacing them.
- If Jay Nixon hadn't called for a "rigorous prosecution" of Darren Wilson. How about calling for the TRUTH, Governor?
- If race baiters Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton hadn't showed up to make things worse.
- If Eric Holder and Obama hadn't interjected themselves into this.
- If Michael Brown's parents hadn't cursed and exhorted the crowds to "Burn this b*tch down."
- If MB's parents hadn't taken their case to the UN, where they were basically told to go away and stop wasting their (UN's) time. Our own government's response should have been more like the UN's.
- If people had accepted the legal process and the grand jury's decision. You don't make your own justice just because you don't agree with the outcome. They found nothing to indict Darren Wilson for. That should be the end of it. I didn't agree with the OJ verdict, but I didn't riot, loot and set my city on fire.
- If protesters hadn't rioted, looted and set fire to their own city instead of acting like civilized adults.
And how much of this has to do with this thread exactly? Your opening paragraph here shows lots of immaturity and potential inability to directly address the majority of my responses, the majority of the rest of your post shows you clearly have no idea what I'm talking about... You are also making wild assumptions since you have no idea how I feel about the Brown incident (are you confusing me with another poster or something?), have contradicted yourself ("Yep, I have lived in/around Kansas City all my life, on both sides of the state line." followed by "No, I have not only lived in KC.," you keep providing evidence to support my original problem with your posts, that you seem to be completely oblivious to...

Do you even remember the original point of dispute? You blaming the entire St. Louis region for the action of a few football players. Let me ask you to clarify (this is content which you'll likely continue to ignore), where do you draw the line? Do you look down on Springfield because of any Rams fans there? Rolla? What about your own KC which has seen some protests as well? Oakland? LA? NY? Nashville? Chicago? Atlanta? Shall I continue? What if you're in the St. Louis region and you've never been to a Rams game (you at least know STL is Cardinals territory, right? Blues too even)? What if you hate the Rams? Well? You've obviously backed me up and showed your damnation of St. Louis based on these few players was unfounded and ridiculous due to the big negative response it's getting, nothing to say about that? Can't realize how this works against you?

Btw, if you want I'll PM you some of my thoughts on the unrelated parts of your posts (get ready to have your mind blown, I agree with some things you say! Hmm, maybe you shouldn't just magically assume things...), or we can move it over to one of the many threads on that subject.

Old 12-02-2014, 04:34 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesarstl View Post
Do you even remember the original point of dispute? You blaming the entire St. Louis region for the action of a few football players.
Wrong. I said the St. Louis Rams represent their city and it was wrong of them to raise their hands as they came onto the field. It was wrong of the organization to not say anything against it. And it was wrong of the NFL not to fine them.

It's ONE of the things (certainly not the biggest or the only thing) that puts a bad taste in my mouth about St. Louis these days.

Old 12-02-2014, 04:39 PM

Quote:
I think this is going to have a huge negative impact for the St. Louis area. Too bad because I'm sure there are plenty of decent people there, but the thugs have ruined it for everybody. And the St. Louis Rams didn't help matters when some of the players entered the field with their hands up (never mind that the evidence and credible witness statements show Michael Brown did not have his hands up). So they are basically standing up for the thug? No discipline from the club and no fine from the NFL. Wow. That lowers my opinion of St. Louis even more.
Quote:
Wrong. I said the St. Louis Rams represent their city and it was wrong of them to raise their hands as they came onto the field. It was wrong of the organization to not say anything against it. And it was wrong of the NFL not to fine them.

It's ONE of the things (certainly not the biggest or the only thing) that puts a bad taste in my mouth about St. Louis these days.
Here ya go! Discounting the entire region due to a few football players, o look, you did it again! Lol... The Rams represent St. Louis in pro football, not in politics, economic theory, social issues, etc. How about you answer my questions for once...

Old 12-02-2014, 05:14 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesarstl View Post
Here ya go! Discounting the entire region due to a few football players, o look, you did it again! Lol... The Rams represent St. Louis in pro football, not in politics, economic theory, social issues, etc. How about you answer my questions for once...
Yep. No contradiction. The actions of the St. Louis Rams players who did the "don't shoot" gesture helped to lessen even more my already low opinion of St. Louis.

I am not discounting the entire region because of the five players. I am discounting the entire region as someplace people will want to relocate to because of everything that has happened there since August, and the Rams just added fuel to the fire, which I think is despicable. Isn't there a policy against making personal statements on the field when you are an NFL player? Yes, I believe there is.

I don't believe all of St. Louis is bad. I believe that it's not someplace I would want to be in light of everything going on there recently. I believe the recent events will deter others from going there. And I believe the recent events will cause some to leave.

Last edited by luzianne; 12-02-2014 at 05:24 PM..

Old 12-02-2014, 07:01 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,599,236 times
Quote:
Yep. No contradiction. The actions of the St. Louis Rams players who did the "don't shoot" gesture helped to lessen even more my already low opinion of St. Louis.

I am not discounting the entire region because of the five players. I am discounting the entire region as someplace people will want to relocate to because of everything that has happened there since August, and the Rams just added fuel to the fire, which I think is despicable. Isn't there a policy against making personal statements on the field when you are an NFL player? Yes, I believe there is.

I don't believe all of St. Louis is bad. I believe that it's not someplace I would want to be in light of everything going on there recently. I believe the recent events will deter others from going there. And I believe the recent events will cause some to leave.
StL has never had anything approaching the race riots that NYC, Chicago and LA have had, and those cities seem to be doing ok population-wise. I think your premise is flawed.

Old 12-02-2014, 07:23 PM

3,565 posts, read 7,974,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
StL has never had anything approaching the race riots that NYC, Chicago and LA have had, and those cities seem to be doing ok population-wise. I think your premise is flawed.
Didn't the riots in the 1960's exacerbate the exodus in most major cities? You know, it's interesting you say St. Louis didn't have the intensity of the riots in some larger cities back then. I've seen others here say that and attribute that to why there is so much tension there now. I'd say this combined with other issues is going to negatively effect St. Louis as a whole, but especially North County. St. Louis city is already losing population, isn't it?

Old 12-03-2014, 06:33 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,908,149 times
This incident will definitely affect the St. Louis area as a whole. I've driven through St. Louis many times, but the whole environment in the city is full of racist hatred for whitey. This isn't going to help the tourism industry at all. I drove through there last year on a trip. I'll take another route next time.

Old 12-03-2014, 09:51 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,011,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
This incident will definitely affect the St. Louis area as a whole. I've driven through St. Louis many times, but the whole environment in the city is full of racist hatred for whitey. This isn't going to help the tourism industry at all. I drove through there last year on a trip. I'll take another route next time.
Of course it will. Things will eventually settle down and for most of us that live in the area our lives will go back to normal.

However, I feel confident that the perception so many have outside of this region of St. Louis being a dangerous, high crime area will simply be fixed forever in anyone old enough to be watching whats going on.

I also think most of North County, which was already in trouble, may well go the way of Detroit.

Old 12-03-2014, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Lol, deep thoughts again from our buddy out of Texas...

Old 12-03-2014, 09:54 AM

Quote:

I already gave you a quoted example of one of your contradictions, you ignored it just like you do all of the facts and questions presented to you; furthermore, you're going in circles again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies