Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 03:25 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,640,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
1619 - 2014 The period of time that the black blood line has been in America.

1619 - 1863 The period of time that the black blood line in this land were indentured servants or slaves

1863 - 1964 The period of time that the black blood line existed under America legal racial apartheid.

1965 - 2000 White residential flight, bank red limning, busing boycotts, ie...continued discrimination.

Summary: The black collective have spend 87% of their existence in this land under some form of LEGALIZED oppression. The black collective has spent AT LEAST 95% of their existence in this land facing unabated and non offset strong racial discrimination from white society.

Fact: Never have all (100%) of whites taken an active role in black oppression.

Fact: Never have all (100%) of whites been anti black.

Fact: Only a small percentage of whites owned slaves.

Fact: Ergo...never has black oppression required 100% participation from whites.

Fact: Whites have oppressed blacks notwithstanding all or the majority of whites direct involvement

Fact: 395 years of white behavior against blacks ON RECORD!

Fact: No offsetting behavior from blacks that would cancel out the effect of white behavior against blacks.

Fact: Actions create reactions.

Fact: 395 years of white racism has manifested a reaction upon blacks.

Fact: Everything has EVOLVED into its current state.

Fact: The evolution of blacks in America has is inseparable from the history of white racism.

Fact: White racism has shaped black America.

Fact: If an entity spends at least 95% of its existence lying.....human nature will judge that entity as a liar even if they suddenly start telling the truth. Again, actions have consequences and the consequence of a long history of lying is that you will be seen a a liar even if it stops. The same hold for racism. You don't get the benefit of the doubt when you have a certain type of history that whites have in this society. Instead of taking that out on blacks, whites should take that out on their forefathers and mothers whose behaviors stained the credibility and reputation of white people. However, instead of blaming their antecedents, they HONOR them by blaming blacks and continuing the legacy of their antecedents.

I do not know why it is a mystery to you why white society gets blamed for so much stuff....when its on record the last 395 years. I do not know why its a mystery as to why blacks react the way they do when a white person in authority kills an unarmed black person.

Those who do not understand are willfully ignorant and in denial of the history of this nation....and human nature.
Impressive list, good attempt at justification for black attitudes against all whites, as if all can be blamed for some. This country is a melting pot, as you well know. People of all nationalities have come here to be Americans. Not hyphenated, just Americans.

You say, "Instead of taking that out on blacks, whites should take that out on their forefathers and mothers whose behaviors stained the credibility and reputation of white people. However, instead of blaming their antecedents, they HONOR them by blaming blacks and continuing the legacy of their antecedents. You are lumping all whites into the same group, assuming that all whites lump blacks into the same group. In reality, that is not so. EVEN those people whose roots in this country go back to the beginnings of this nation are not responsible, today, for what anyone of a previous generation did or said, or the attitudes they held. The rest of Americans came here long after slavery ended. Many found discrimination in the 50s and 60s odd because they came from countries where it didn't exist and wasn't practiced. They are not racist and cannot be blamed either.

Unless that segment of Black society that nurses anger from one generation to the next puts it to rest, there can be no hope of eliminating the racial tensions. Somewhere along the line, in some generation (why not THIS generation?), it has to end. Prominent Black activists are guilty of fueling the fires to keep them going (for their own benefit), and many Blacks willingly allow it to go on and fall into step.

Old 12-01-2014, 03:29 PM

51,935 posts, read 52,357,086 times
Quote:
In a capitalistic society, one in which it requires making money to live, why should they not earn a living from what they do? Are doctors, police, lawyers and others who make a profession and a living out of social problems and health issues leaches and social problem hustlers?

I do not think Al or Jesse has ever been crowd favorites among the black masses, which makes me think that it is white folks who are responsible for their elevation and media attention. Even though I am not a fan of either ( I would say, comparatively, that I am a fan of Farrakhan) I think much of the criticism of them from whites is way off base. They certainly have their faults as humans.....but the real problem whites have with them is really the RECORD of white society that makes it easy to understand why there are people like Al and Jesse.

The one big problem white folks have is RECORDED HISTORY.
To extend the concept of free market and capitalism and also to elevate those guys as the same function and pragmatic approach to society as doctors and lawyers is a bit of a stretch. It's a stretch because at the core is disingenuous on their part. I don't believe that they really care all that much about black folks as I've said, if they did, they'd be doing more for the black community than simply showing up when someone non-black attacks or kills a black person... There's no media coverage or camera showing all the crap that goes down in the "ghetto" if you will, that's where the hard work of restoring the black community begins, not in front of the camera's per se.....

Not sure what to make of your comment about white people and recorded history....

As far as the OP goes, there is a measure of truth to it, blacks probably shouldn't complain about white all the time, that being said, there is a certain amount of racism in the world, not going to deny that, but at some point you have to look inside and do what you can to advance yourself, it isn't always the exterior world that holds us back. This applies to all people, anyone who looks to blame others for their own issues, and again I'm not saying that there isn't a valid and real problem at times, just not all the time.

Old 12-01-2014, 04:07 PM

122 posts, read 95,865 times
Quote:
1619 - 2014 The period of time that the black blood line has been in America.
1619 - 1863 The period of time that the black blood line in this land were indentured servants or slaves
1863 - 1964 The period of time that the black blood line existed under America legal racial apartheid.
1965 - 2000 White residential flight, bank red limning, busing boycotts, ie...continued discrimination.
Summary: The black collective have spend 87% of their existence in this land under some form of LEGALIZED oppression. The black collective has spent AT LEAST 95% of their existence in this land facing unabated and non offset strong racial discrimination from white society.
Fact: Never have all (100%) of whites taken an active role in black oppression.
Fact: Never have all (100%) of whites been anti black.
Fact: Only a small percentage of whites owned slaves.
Fact: Ergo...never has black oppression required 100% participation from whites.
Fact: Whites have oppressed blacks notwithstanding all or the majority of whites direct involvement
Fact: 395 years of white behavior against blacks ON RECORD!
Fact: No offsetting behavior from blacks that would cancel out the effect of white behavior against blacks.
Fact: Actions create reactions.
Fact: 395 years of white racism has manifested a reaction upon blacks.
Fact: Everything has EVOLVED into its current state.
Fact: The evolution of blacks in America has is inseparable from the history of white racism.
Fact: White racism has shaped black America.
Fact: If an entity spends at least 95% of its existence lying.....human nature will judge that entity as a liar even if they suddenly start telling the truth. Again, actions have consequences and the consequence of a long history of lying is that you will be seen a a liar even if it stops. The same hold for racism. You don't get the benefit of the doubt when you have a certain type of history that whites have in this society. Instead of taking that out on blacks, whites should take that out on their forefathers and mothers whose behaviors stained the credibility and reputation of white people. However, instead of blaming their antecedents, they HONOR them by blaming blacks and continuing the legacy of their antecedents.
I do not know why it is a mystery to you why white society gets blamed for so much stuff....when its on record the last 395 years. I do not know why its a mystery as to why blacks react the way they do when a white person in authority kills an unarmed black person.
Those who do not understand are willfully ignorant and in denial of the history of this nation....and human nature.
I'm not 395 years old, I'm 17. Let me know when you learn to judge people by their own merits and not by their race.
Btw, what did those white Bosnians, in the Bosnian community near Ferguson, do to deserve being attacked and beaten with hammers by blacks? One of them was beaten to death. Or the white Aussie athlete that was shot and killed by blacks who were bored? I don't think Australia ever had slaves or apartheid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
Heh. You can only imagine how tiring it is to hear "black people this" and "black people that", then XD
Y'know, calling random black men "thugs" or saying that they're "rioting" by just walking around or talking to one another - as we've seen over and over. Or, even better, seeing the same people who rallied for a tax cheater like Cliven Bundy, insist that a black guy walking down the street deserves to be shot and killed, like Zimmerman did to Trayvon Martin.
It's called "rioting" when they are torching cities all over the US, grabbing random white people and beating them to death, and looting. I don't call that "walking and talking".
Zimmerman was found not guilty. Case is closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Scientific classification

Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Class: Mammalia
Order: Primates
Family: Hominidae
Tribe: Hominini
Genus: Homo
Species: H. sapiens

I don't see "race" in there.
It's fictional. A social construct like turning right on red. That's all.
Science is controlled by politics. You will never see anything that could offend any ethnic group (homo sapien subspecies).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SETI_listener View Post
White people are the global minority. Just because the altruistic nature of the white has allowed a population explosion from expansion of their technology, doesn't mean they want to be wiped out.
Whites are a collection of humans containing recessive neanderthal DNA and Rhesus Factor negative. So, cavemen and monkeys made whitey.
^ Totally agree.

The fact that each subspecies of homo-sapien has unique genetic features has already been proven.
The fact that bluebirds and cardinals have unique genetic features has also been proven.
Birds aren't "color blind" and they aren't just all "birds".

And yes, I'm seriously effing annoyed by being blamed for everything. Especially since my white Slavic ancestors never even had slaves. The Bosnians don't want to be blamed either. They haven't been in America very long so there's no reason that the blacks should be beating them to death with hammers.
Also, no race should be blamed for anyones failures. Imo, if a man isn't strong enough and intelligent enough to make the right choices then he deserves whatever happens to him - Raskolnikov in Siberia... if he is lucky. Удачи.

Old 12-01-2014, 04:33 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,259,425 times
So your subjective experiences are the reality? Fine I will do the same as you.
I'm black and of the black people I personally know none of us have ever blamed anything regarding our successes or lack of, on white people. All of us are accountable of ourselves and those that we have close ties to. We don't really care what whites outside of the ones we associate with think about us or what they do on their free time. We certainly don't feel that there is some crazy conspiracy where whites come together and collectively determine all the ways they can screw us over. But I will tell you what your sentiment is noted and understood. You see we feel somewhat similar to you.

We are sick of people asking questions to black people as if we are a monolithic community. Along with that we are sick of people telling us that we need to do XYZ if we sent our communities to be successful--some of us even scratch our heads in bewilderment because we reside in communities that are diverse and we contribute to these communities responsibly already. Then we get even more confused when it is made clear that our community is not the one we reside in but a community that is compromised of individuals that I don't even know but since we share the same skin tone I owe it to them to chide them about behaviors which they may or may not even be participating in. Also no matter how often I make it clear that i don't know every black person in America somehow I'm supposed to talk to those that I don't know and denounce their behavior to them to keep it from happening. Meanwhile it's okay for me to be labeled as an animal, thug, etc because of statistics that show that blacks are more likely to be XYZ. Also the media accurately depicts my behaviors as a black person Nevermind that I've never even been to stl or rioted. Finally anytime I mention how the negative past effected generations to the point where the effects are still lingering even in 2014 the assumption is that this is used as the race card or that it's not happening anymore(even though racism still exists) and that I should let it go. Nevermind the assumptions that I support behaviors or certain mentalities simply because I'm black or the notion that I might be asking you a question simply to start something with you when I might just be genuinely interested in your opinion.

That's what I guess I'm sick of too.

Old 12-01-2014, 04:38 PM

33,506 posts, read 18,023,556 times
Never let a crisis go to waste.. the looters know all about it... they like free stuff.

Old 12-01-2014, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
So your subjective experiences are the reality? Fine I will do the same as you.
I'm black and of the black people I personally know none of us have ever blamed anything regarding our successes or lack of, on white people. All of us are accountable of ourselves and those that we have close ties to. We don't really care what whites outside of the ones we associate with think about us or what they do on their free time. We certainly don't feel that there is some crazy conspiracy where whites come together and collectively determine all the ways they can screw us over. But I will tell you what your sentiment is noted and understood. You see we feel somewhat similar to you.

We are sick of people asking questions to black people as if we are a monolithic community. Along with that we are sick of people telling us that we need to do XYZ if we sent our communities to be successful--some of us even scratch our heads in bewilderment because we reside in communities that are diverse and we contribute to these communities responsibly already. Then we get even more confused when it is made clear that our community is not the one we reside in but a community that is compromised of individuals that I don't even know but since we share the same skin tone I owe it to them to chide them about behaviors which they may or may not even be participating in. Also no matter how often I make it clear that i don't know every black person in America somehow I'm supposed to talk to those that I don't know and denounce their behavior to them to keep it from happening. Meanwhile it's okay for me to be labeled as an animal, thug, etc because of statistics that show that blacks are more likely to be XYZ. Also the media accurately depicts my behaviors as a black person Nevermind that I've never even been to stl or rioted. Finally anytime I mention how the negative past effected generations to the point where the effects are still lingering even in 2014 the assumption is that this is used as the race card or that it's not happening anymore(even though racism still exists) and that I should let it go. Nevermind the assumptions that I support behaviors or certain mentalities simply because I'm black or the notion that I might be asking you a question simply to start something with you when I might just be genuinely interested in your opinion.

That's what I guess I'm sick of too.
You sound very Russian. Good on you.
Life is very subjective. My friends (lots of races including black) we have common interests and common goals. We work together. Person blames person - That's cool. But race blames race is a fantasy. If you met me and my friends, you would know that none of us would torch stores or loot shops. Our character is made by us, not by our races.

Old 12-01-2014, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Never let a crisis go to waste.. the looters know all about it... they like free stuff.
For them it's a holiday, not a protest. Many of the protesters probaly didn't even know Brown... but they know where the bargains are.

Old 12-01-2014, 05:23 PM

233 posts, read 190,188 times
White people: "We're tired of hearing about racism"

Ethnic Minorities: "We're tired of living it"

Old 12-01-2014, 05:33 PM

233 posts, read 190,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTiberiusx View Post
I'm white. As far back as I can remember I remember non-whites complaining about white people for a myriad of problems. My entire life I have to hear this crap. "white people this and white people that." Non of my white friends or family say negative things about blacks as a whole and never have. It's as if black folks think that once a year there is this clandestine meeting where all white folks get together and talk about how to keep black folks down.It's absurd. Many black folks are successful. I always say: "its not about color, its about CLASS." Last week, a comworker (black) who I get along with well, asked me what I think about Ferguson protests. First of all, Im at work and don't discuss personal views outside of my job. Bu anyway, what was the point of asking? I'm sure I know where she stands on the issue. Was this a way to start an awkward argument? Plus, I owe her NOTHING, especially my personal views.

What is "white people" anyway? Whites are made up of dozens of different cultures with different traditions and religious beliefs. An Italian and Russian ethnic American are totally different. Albanians are a wholenother breed in themselves.

Why do white folks not support the Ferguson protests?

1) Most people have had enough of the race card being played for far too many situations
2) Brown's actions led to his own death
3) He made multiple mistakes that day that make most people questions the type of person he was
4) Looting will never helpanyones case
5) Many protesters have said some really ignorant comments in TV (A woman protesting n NYC said she won't buy anything on Black Friday because every dollar you give to a corporation is another dollar used to kill black folks" whhhhhaaaat?!?!?
6) Al Sharpton. This guy does nothing to unite Americans and everything to divide. I am suspicious of anyone who only stand up for their own race's rights but care nothing for others'
WAH WAH WAH!!! Do you want a widdle boddle? A nippie?

Geez, some of you people are the weakest life forms on earth. No wonder the most privileged racial and gender group on earth also has the highest suicide rate. Grow up and learn that there is life outside of your bubble. The little crumble of "adversity" (and I use that term loosely) you get you're on a high horse and complaining. This is what I call textbook example of white privilege and it is pathetic.

Tell the truth - you and many others like you are not just tired but surprised that black people are finally putting together a united front and calling the B.S. that happens to innocent black men and women in this country by the hands of domestic terrorists. Welp, keep complaining because we aren't going away and the news isn't stopping coverage because we all know that black people peak so much interest to you.

Old 12-01-2014, 05:55 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,860,324 times
Most Americans are respect to Black Americans every day. If anything I think Black Americans are Harder and more Ill feelings against normal white people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies