Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 08:37 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampmonster View Post
L..m..a..o!

Yeah,ok.

If that was the case they would've been holding signs that said "God hates right wingers" and maybe they would be right
No, no, no! Only those so far to the right, they don't think they have anything to apologize for or a lifestyle that some of us don't agree with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2014, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
LOL. Riiiiight. I went to a number of Tea Party rallies back in the early days of the movement--to take pictures and to laugh--and they did not ever try to hide their hatred. In fact, they reveled in it. It was quite a hatefest. I understand how hard it is for the right to own it, but anyone who ever attended a TP rally saw it right there on full on display. They are proud of their bigotry.
I think it depends on what part of the country one lives in.......In my state the Tea Party gatherings, I saw no such thing. Matter of fact it was a black man selling posters of President Obama betraying America, not the black people.....what a concept by 1 man.

I did forget to ask for a selfie with the guy!

Old 12-02-2014, 09:17 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
My wife, young son, and I were returning from a wonderful hike today, rejoicing in the splendor of the Great Southwest, when we drove by a bunch of folks by the road holding signs. I was busy driving, so I did not read them, but my wife was shocked to see that they said something like.."Obey God's Laws!, God Hates ****!,etc.,etc. This was by an off ramp in rural Arizona, so I have no idea where they were from. I was tempted to flip a u and go back and tell them all to **** off, but decided to just ignore the idiots. What a bummer to have to try to explain that to my son on such a lovely day. I was feeling close to God and all on the trail, but his followers...well, not so much.

Is this sort of thing common across the country these days? I sure hope not. What are those d-bags trying to prove?

well just tell your son that any scum bag with pantz hanging way down, or some nut case Westboro scum bags holding signs that say "god hates gays" will reside in the place with 72 gay virgins

Old 12-02-2014, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
well just tell your son that any scum bag with pantz hanging way down, or some nut case Westboro scum bags holding signs that say "god hates gays" will reside in the place with 72 gay virgins
lol.....the meaning of........ There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Old 12-02-2014, 09:36 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
My wife, young son, and I were returning from a wonderful hike today, rejoicing in the splendor of the Great Southwest, when we drove by a bunch of folks by the road holding signs. I was busy driving, so I did not read them, but my wife was shocked to see that they said something like.."Obey God's Laws!, God Hates ****!,etc.,etc. This was by an off ramp in rural Arizona, so I have no idea where they were from. I was tempted to flip a u and go back and tell them all to **** off, but decided to just ignore the idiots. What a bummer to have to try to explain that to my son on such a lovely day. I was feeling close to God and all on the trail, but his followers...well, not so much.

Is this sort of thing common across the country these days? I sure hope not. What are those d-bags trying to prove?

OP, those wanna-be Christians are exactly that! WANNA-BES! They sure as Hell aren't doing a good job at following Christ's teachings! They're also nothing more than attention whores, and not worth the aggrevation!

Old 12-02-2014, 09:36 AM

3,913 posts, read 5,229,601 times
When you see folks like this, you got to learn to have fun with it. Take a deep breath, and if safe, pull over and pretend you are curious to "learn" their message. Ask innocuous questions...ask what they would do if one in their flock were caught with someone of the same sex?

You can only do this if you have the ability to act a bit. You have to poise the questions with just enough sincerity where they might actually believe they got a potential donor, er new member, on the hook. Tell them that you used to have an uncle that liked to play with the kids a bit much and always made you dive for quarters in his pocket...something like that.....how you were his "favorite"....or start with; once, you were a flaming homosexual that dropped anything that would let you but, now, you had "found" God and had his trust that he would heal you of all the STD's, Hepatitis, and AIDS now ravaging your body.

Fall to your knees and beg for God's forgiveness. Yell out that you too used to like Men's tools but, now understand you were wrong. Cry for their forgiveness and ask that you can now join their group....reach out to try and hug as many as you can prior to admitting all of this of course but, try to herd as many as close to you as possible, start kissing the children on the head, coughing loudly while doubling over, you know, make a go of it.

Like all good acting, props are paramount to your credibility. Acting like you are riddled with every known disease will help. If you have a female travelling with you, have her use lipstick to dot you with sores and lesions and then, sorta cover them up with some makeup juuuuuuust enough to hide but, not hide completely. Splash a little water on you to show you have been sweating, don't walk too correct, limp a bit and hunch a bit.

Delivery: Here's the money shot. Start off quietly sobbing with your head bent down slightly. Sooner or later one of the well intended flock is going to approach you, at THAT point is when you fly open your coat (good effect in Arizona), and fall to your knees begging for God's forgiveness. Tell them that you have tasted penis and whatnot and start off on the rant of communicable diseases......beg God to ease and heal your festering sores (festering is always a good word to use) and THEN get up and start reaching for the flock. Tell them you just came back from Vegas at the annual adult trade show and had the epiphany somewhere near Flagstaff. Tell them that you used to like that Shemale actress in the movie, The Hangover. But, you realized, she was just "too much" or words to that effect.

If you are a chick, roll your sleeves up and dyke it up a bit. Wear "comfortable shoes" and claim the same maladies are affecting your body....if you are really good, make a family outing of it...get the spouse and one kid in on the game. Sure.

Make sure that someone has a camera or two going so you can post to YouTube.....should be a hoot. My guess is that they will either beat you nearly to death thus displaying their "tolerance" for others or, and this is most likely, will pack up and drive away in 5 minutes flat. Either way, you win! In civil court from a lawsuit or, having them leave (<-----better result...no lengthy paperwork to fill out, no long forms, no lines to stand in).

Again, you have to have the ability to act. That, some props and makeup and a bit of swagger should see you through. Imagine the fun you will have with your friends reviewing on YouTube.

Don't let people like this get to you. Have fun with them. I've pulled similar antics at car dealers to get the prices in line (almost went apoplectic over a proposed $1,200 bill and got it knocked down to a little over a $1,000).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies