Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 01:11 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,577,071 times

Advertisements

It not near all blacks or even close..Its thugs supporting other thugs. Look at how they expressed that support ; looting and arson. Not hard to se who they are.

Old 12-01-2014, 01:17 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,540,755 times
Just because you see a young black man, and automatically think he's a "thug", does not oblige black people to see things the same way.

Old 12-01-2014, 01:27 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,074,514 times
It is a fair question to ask and I have Been asking it for days with no response. Let's say that it is a given that police brutality is prevalent against black people. Why don't they pick clear cases to showcase this injustice? They keep using these cases that are so muddy, and usually with known criminals. Shouldn't it be easy since it happens so often?

Old 12-01-2014, 01:30 PM

15,361 posts, read 12,568,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
It is a fair question to ask and I have Been asking it for days with no response. Let's say that it is a given that police brutality is prevalent against black people. Why don't they pick clear cases to showcase this injustice? They keep using these cases that are so muddy, and usually with known criminals. Shouldn't it be easy since it happens so often?
because it's the media picking and choosing the stories...

Why does there always have to be a perfect Black victim in order for their to be a legit case? Perp has to be Black, get straight A's, never post online, curse and he has to have the perfect light brown complexion in order to maybe get a "little" sympathy.

Old 12-01-2014, 01:32 PM

72,835 posts, read 62,209,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
1. I know they try to distance themselves. I don't blame them. I would to. I used to work for a city government in Tennessee. I worked with African Americans every day. I went to conferences and talked and socialized with colleagues both black and white from all over the state. My son went to college with many African Americans and I met many of them - all just like my son. Intelligent, educated, hopeful, smiling with wide open faces and all eager to take on the world just like my son. This forum focuses on the bad and often speaks in sweeping generalities and any thinking person realizes that there are good and bad of both races. The rest don't bother to think that far.

2. We both know that there are blacks out there doing nothing but sucking up whatever benefits the feds and state hand out, and doing nothing productive day in and day out with their time. Yes......yes.....whites too. When I was in Tennessee I lived only a few blocks from a bunch of low income apartments. Both races of money sucking, trouble making trash unwilling to do anything but cruise through their lives taking whatever they could get. Taking and never giving. Ever.

3. I don't know if that is true or not. Maybe. Not sure. I DO think that there is increasing anger towards blacks because people don't understand why they would devour their own (burn businesses in Ferguson that provide jobs and allow people to shop close to home). They're tired of being called racist when they're not. They're tired of seemingly perpetual victimhood and excuse making for behavior that is inexcusable. And on and on (and on). The cumulative effect of these things (in addition to a "if it bleeds it leads" media that focuses on the bad instead of the good, and the perception that so-called leaders in the black community are little more than race-baiting opportunists who have no interest in truly helping to solve problems) causes more anger. There's a lot more.

I think blacks often are willing/unwilling pawns for many groups. Trash a place and the news media loves it. Good for ratings. Increase accessibility to Food Stamps and the Democrats love it. Good for votes. Nurture a gang-banger ethos and pop culture loves it. Sells lots of CD's. Listen to the Sharptons and Farrakons (sp?) and Jacksons and the race baiters love it. Money in their pockets.

I stick with original theme. The only tangible change for the better in anyone's life (white or black) comes from within.
What I was trying to point out is that the segment of the Black population who is doing the right thing will keep doing so.

The anger is disturbing, mainly for this reason. There are far more Blacks not tearing down stores and burning buildings. Sadly, the ones doing this get the most attention. Hood rats, looters, and thugs get the most attention. Regular Blacks who just want to work hard and live their lives get ignored.

I know that if a person wants to change their life for the better, they have to be willing to put in the work. This is for anyone. What I'm saying is that the persons already doing that, they have it together.

BTW, I live in Georgia. I know plenty about trashy types. I've been victimized by them. I have been a victim of Black-on-Black crime. Got jumped by Black teenagers when I was 17 while taking a jog one evening. I was jumped one night after work when I was in college. I've also seen my share of violence from White youths. Got shot with a paintball gun, some teens threw rocks at me one day. The subdivision I live in, it is a decent place. However, I can find some crappy areas not that far away from where I live. I think living in an exurban area kind of makes the feeling different than being in an inner-ring suburb.

Old 12-01-2014, 01:38 PM

23,366 posts, read 17,041,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Making a pass at a woman is not worth killing someone over. If it has been a White teenager who did the same thing, would that teenager have met the same fate?

It does not matter to me that Till was being creepy. Nothing he did was worth killing over.
Really? in the gang culture which many communities live by that is indeed a serious offense, people have been killed for less. Problems arise when these folks are surprised when the laws of the land conflict with their drive by, drug territory defense, wearing the wrong colors or otherwise being dissd or ratting out local murderers. distorted reality provokes outrage.

Old 12-01-2014, 01:46 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,163,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
First off, the police are not supposed to be judge, jury and executioners. That is not how the system was designed and that is why we have a court system. Secondly, unless we are living under Sharia Law, none of the crimes or acts committed or allegedly committed by the people you mentioned are punishable by death under US law and hence the actions by police were disproportionate. Thirdly, under our law everyone is innocent until proven guilty by a court of law.

What I find troubling is when intelligent people cannot figure simple things out. When people ask questions that have easy answers, when one understands history and human nature, it tells me that they are being rhetorical and really are not interested in why, but rather, are just taking the opportunity to caste aspersion upon blacks in the form of a question.
U r right ---they are not a judge -they are the arresting officer on reasonable suspicion- the proof and sentencing takes place in a court
The officer only shoots people when they are killing others or try to kill him
Both being bad choices
Btw 96 black people are killed for whatever reasons annually by police
-6500 black people are killed annually by other black people these are deaths --police would like to prevent --but when u r sued every time u try --it makes it rough

Old 12-01-2014, 01:49 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,074,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
because it's the media picking and choosing the stories...

Why does there always have to be a perfect Black victim in order for their to be a legit case? Perp has to be Black, get straight A's, never post online, curse and he has to have the perfect light brown complexion in order to maybe get a "little" sympathy.
The media will pick up on cases when the black leaders bring it to the forefront. I don't think it's about sympathy. It's about showcasing these injustices. Wouldn't you want to use optimal cases? Show something so undeniable that no logical person can look the other way. I know these cases exist, where are the black leaders when they occur?

Old 12-01-2014, 01:51 PM

72,835 posts, read 62,209,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Really? in the gang culture which many communities live by that is indeed a serious offense, people have been killed for less. Problems arise when these folks are surprised when the laws of the land conflict with their drive by, drug territory defense, wearing the wrong colors or otherwise being dissd or ratting out local murderers. distorted reality provokes outrage.
What you have described in gang culture, well, that can be likened to "redneck culture". Black Rednecks & White Liberals

Stuff like being "dissed", that happened.

My point is that what happened was a savage act. I think what happened to Emmett Till was an insight to how many people viewed Blacks in the South.

Old 12-01-2014, 01:56 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,789,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Michael Brown, Trayvon Martin, Tawanna Brawley, Duke LaCrosse, ect............

Farrakhan Threatens to “Tear This Godd*m Country Apart” Over Ferguson Shooting (VIDEO) | The Gateway Pundit#!

Blacks in general look absurb when they claim outrage over events involving guilty criminal elements and thier presumed abuse by police and the white community.

Now if a black "A" student with goals and aspirations was minding his own buisness and assaulted by the police or white supremicists, that would be news. EVERYONE would be expressing indignation and outrage over such an event.

Few, if any, people have sympathy when thugs and criminals meet thier demise.
Like that fellow in Jersey City who killed the young cop sitting in his squad car. The locals put up a memorial to the fallen killer!
Sidewalk memorial honors Lawrence Campbell, accused killer of N.J. Officer Melvin Santiago | masslive.com

But in honesty it is not the well to do blacks who act this way. The lower class ones just like the lower class everywhere. Do you see folks in upscale Metro Atlanta complaining?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies