Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 12:36 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Speaking out against police violence? You think that deserves accolades? Is that what the history books will write about when describing Obama's accomplishments in office? Opening your mouth is really easy to do. Obama said hardly more than Charles Barkley. Did anyone important speak out in favor of police violence?
Actually, yes. The folks who spoke in favor of the ferguson PD, all spoke in favor of the police violence that we saw against protestors, reporters, and just random people.

Quote:
He also spoke out about not rioting and destroying the city people live in. I suppose that isn't important to you.
Well, that wasn't the main issue, so yes, it was a side topic.

Also...I notice that you chose to ignore all of the other things I pointed out. Sorry, those are all important. In the end, Obama has been a great president, and again, this is despite republicans throwing a childish temper tantrum, refusing to grant affordable health care to people, or to help rescue the economy from potential collapse - and with many republicans stating outright that they think it's very important to oppress LGBT people.

Old 12-02-2014, 01:54 PM

1,264 posts, read 1,551,946 times
I'm going to be the realist here, and say that no, I don't think Obama is the best leader ever in existence, or whatnot. In reality, I find him and the Democrats to be the lesser of two evils.

Old 12-02-2014, 02:02 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,300,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blan View Post
Liberal fruitcake claims Obama is the bet president ever link to video - Obama greatest president ever - YouTube
It's the Gruber theory. The are stupid.

Old 12-02-2014, 02:04 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,300,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
Maybe it has something to do with just how bad G.W Bush was. Almost the entire world literally threw a party when Bush left and Obama was elected.
Oh, please! Hyperbole much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
Obama is pretty conservative. I'm surprised more people on the left aren't more disappointed in him.
I guess if you are comparing Obama to Adolph Hitler he might seem pretty conservative.

Obama is a "Progressive" fruit fly. He is anything but conservative.

Old 12-02-2014, 02:22 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,468,595 times
Obama isn't Washington but I don't get the hate/ obsession with him. I do think it boils down to White Conservative fears about the browning of America

Violent crime: lowest since 1950s

Economy: decent, massively improved from the recession that started under Dubya

Gas prices: lowest during a growing economy since the mid 2000s
Foreign policy: US troops are no longer getting killed in Iraq and only rarely in Afghanistan, no large scale illegal wars have been started (though I'm not a fan of the drone strikes in Yemen and Somalia), US acting more with international cooperation, relations with Iran improved

Gay rights: massively better. I know older Christians are terrified by this but most young Americans find this a good thing

Old 12-02-2014, 02:23 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,046,327 times
They're liberals. No more explanation needed.

Old 12-02-2014, 10:31 PM

398 posts, read 629,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
They're liberals. No more explanation needed.
And that is a good note to leave this thread on

Old 12-03-2014, 11:25 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,832,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blan
Liberal fruitcake claims Obama is the bet president ever link to video
They are all blinded and cant see what he is doing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio1803
When Obama was elected I was not a fan, but I hoped he would surprise me. Unfortunately he has been a disappointment, and definitely one of the U.S.'s worst presidents, no better than the one before him.
I bet he has surprised ya huh bud??

In a sense surprised you that he is MUCH WORSE than bush was!!

Old 12-03-2014, 01:36 PM

595 posts, read 368,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Obama isn't Washington but I don't get the hate/ obsession with him. I do think it boils down to White Conservative fears about the browning of America

Violent crime: lowest since 1950s

Economy: decent, massively improved from the recession that started under Dubya

Gas prices: lowest during a growing economy since the mid 2000s
Foreign policy: US troops are no longer getting killed in Iraq and only rarely in Afghanistan, no large scale illegal wars have been started (though I'm not a fan of the drone strikes in Yemen and Somalia), US acting more with international cooperation, relations with Iran improved

Gay rights: massively better. I know older Christians are terrified by this but most young Americans find this a good thing
Regarding Obama's foreign policy he has some of his own illegal wars, one of which is Libya. Obama is also starting to reengage the U.S. in Iraq, again. Obama has essentially continued Bush's foreign policy, he has continued violating countries sovereignty, and then wants to punish Russia for doing it in Ukraine. U.S. interventionist foreign policy continues to bog the U.S. down in wars not in its interest, and encourages people to attack the U.S., particularly the Mujaheddin.

International cooperation is not any better than the Bush years, however, relations with Iran have the prospect of getting better. If Obama, and Rouhani resume diplomatic relations, with embassies in each country, then I would say relations have taken a positive step forward.

When he was elected I hoped he would get the U.S. out of the Middle East, and have a non-interventionist foreign policy. Much to my dismay all he has done is continue the interventionist foreign policy that has been a mainstay of the past several administrations.

Old 12-03-2014, 04:11 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,284,324 times
Ha ha. "Marxist programming". Right. I'd like to see some examples, please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies