Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 06:55 PM

3,826 posts, read 3,387,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racks View Post
Jezus. For some mathguy you are highly deficient at deriving inference.

First of all, those that you mentioned:

a) Were not children (Clinton's and Carter's brothers were druggies/alcoholics, Reagan's daughter Patti in playboy).

and/or

b) If they were, the "tacky" comments were a result of their own actions and improprieties (Bush girls partying).

The only exception to the aforementioned is Chelsea Clinton, and similarly the comments were made about her physical appearance from republicans. However, this did not include her manner of dress relegating her to a "seat at the bar". If you know or care enough or acknowledge/understand, google Sarah Baartman and you will get a glimspe as to why I am speaking for ALL black people on this issue.

Children/teens didn't ask to be in politics and should be off limits. It's unfair to use them as political cheapshots. That goes for the Bush and Obama girls as well as Palin's kids.

The Obama kids should have been in the audience and NOT in on the stage and in the picture if they wanted to be immune from criticism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2014, 07:08 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,527,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
The woman was a minor and; it sounds to me she paid her dues. Far better than that adult Michael Brown dude after HIS strong arm robbery trying to rush the cop in Ferguson.
Actually, stealing a box of cigars is exactly like shoplifting. In my state, the charge would have been shoplifting, not robbery.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:08 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Elizabeth Lauten was arrested for shoplifting when she was 17. The holier than thou GOP staffer showed no class and her parents must have been horrible role models. I'm glad this is coming back to bite her.

"Dear Sasha and Malia, ...dress like you deserve respect, not a spot at a bar."

"Dear Elizabeth, ...dress like you deserve respect, not a spot behind bars."

GOP Staffer Who Attacked Obama Girls Was Arrested During Her Own "Awful Teen Years" | The Smoking Gun
LOL. You've got to love the irony of a grown woman berating two teens--for no reason, I might add--when she was actually a criminal herself when she was a teen. And now, after attempting to humiliate the Obama girls, she ends up humiliating herself instead.

God, I love karma.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:11 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
How many liberal hypocrites quit or got fired for attacking Bushs daughters or Palins children? If the left didn't have double standards they'd have none at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I guess that means all the tacky comments about the Bush girls, the Clintons daughter, Clintons brother, Carters brother, Reagans daughter...........were all racism too.

Hey, I like the Obama family....I think Mrs O is quite attractive too and the gals was a rude classes loser like everyone else that has ever gone after people out of partisan over-sensitivity.

So take your "this is why black people are pissed off" and go cry somewhere else.......oh, and feel free to tell us how all black people think in the future mmmmkay?
I don't know how many times I have to post this, into perpetuity, I guess:
Obama says Palin's family off limits - CNN.com
"Sen. Barack Obama said firmly that families are off-limits in the campaign for president, reacting to news that GOP running mate Sarah Palin's 17-year-old daughter is pregnant.

"Let me be as clear as possible," Obama said. "I think people's families are off-limits, and people's children are especially off-limits. This shouldn't be part of our politics. It has no relevance to Gov. Palin's performance as governor or her potential performance as a vice president."

If you can point to any politician or political staffer that said these kind of things about the Bush girls, Palin's kids, the Clinton's daughter (OK, that was John McCain), Clinton's brother, Carter's brother, Reagan's daughter (Reagan's daughter?), please do so. I seem to recall some stuff about one of Biden's kids and one of Kerry's too, but I think they came from the MSM, not from someone pol's "communications office".

Old 12-01-2014, 07:13 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times
"Elizabeth Lauten - the holier than thou GOP staffer was a teen felon"

Quote:
Elizabeth Lauten was arrested for shoplifting when she was 17. The holier than thou GOP staffer showed no class and her parents must have been horrible role models. I'm glad this is coming back to bite her.

GOP Staffer Who Attacked Obama Girls Was Arrested During Her Own "Awful Teen Years" | The Smoking Gun

Hey there is no defending this woman's remarks but now it's OK to make things up- where the felony?

Right from your link-
"Lauten was arrested in December 2000 for misdemeanor larceny"

You ought to read links before posting them (that's assuming it wasn't vicious just like Lauten's comments were).

Old 12-01-2014, 07:20 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,791,004 times
I'm wondering ... was her record sealed? If so, who leaked it?

Old 12-01-2014, 07:25 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Actually, stealing a box of cigars is exactly like shoplifting. In my state, the charge would have been shoplifting, not robbery.

"Shoplifting" and strong arming an owner in the process of stealing are a bit different that one another.
One is more than theft of property/stock.

Really, look it up.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:28 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Quote:

So she has no record if she completed the terms. So its not public record; so I have to wander how the article got the information. What she did was wrong but someone seems to have piled on themselves; it seems.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:32 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Here's something from the Daily Mail, which in turn got the info from something called "Smoking Gun".
Republican GOP Elizabeth Lauten was arrested for shoplifting as a teen | Daily Mail Online

Old 12-01-2014, 07:38 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Shoplifting is not a felony in and of itself.

Mods should delete the thread due to this gross inaccuracy of the OP's accusation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies