Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 09:11 PM

26,543 posts, read 14,326,842 times

Advertisements

one thing i've found interesting about the lauten circus is how many people ( on other forums ) are under the belief that her first amendment rights were violated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2014, 09:32 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,147,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Only a fool or extreme partisan can't remember the cheap shots over the years and I'm not your google monkey sweety. Plus, you (intentionally) threw on a very specific stipulation at the end that I never mentioned just to cover ur butt and you know it.

Really. Be more dishonest next time. Because your side is always right. The other side is always wrong. They do bad, inappropriate things that your side never does.
In other words, you don't have anything. OK. Could have left it at that.

Old 12-01-2014, 09:33 PM

22,633 posts, read 14,855,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
She got fired, let it go.

She should never had made the comments about the kids.
^^^

Agree.

I think criticism of a President's parents or children should be off limits.

Old 12-01-2014, 09:49 PM

52,222 posts, read 33,917,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
"Elizabeth Lauten - the holier than thou GOP staffer was a teen felon"

Hey there is no defending this woman's remarks but now it's OK to make things up- where the felony?

Right from your link-
"Lauten was arrested in December 2000 for misdemeanor larceny"

You ought to read links before posting them (that's assuming it wasn't vicious just like Lauten's comments were).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
Shoplifting is not a felony in and of itself.

Mods should delete the thread due to this gross inaccuracy of the OP's accusation.
I pointed that out in post #4 but no one seems to care.

Old 12-01-2014, 10:03 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,505,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
The Obama kids should have been in the audience and NOT in on the stage and in the picture if they wanted to be immune from criticism.
and women shouldn't dress provocatively if they don't want to get raped, right?

Old 12-01-2014, 10:13 PM

7,333 posts, read 6,465,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
and women shouldn't dress provocatively if they don't want to get raped, right?
Since when is criticizing how someone dresses/acts a crime? By the way, nice way to cheapen a horrible physical and emotional assault by lumping it in with fashion critiques.

Old 12-01-2014, 10:24 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,403,297 times
I wonder if she will get picked up by FAUX News. Roger likes blonde bimbos, and she certainly fits the description.

Old 12-01-2014, 10:26 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,385,881 times
1) Her comments were way out of line.

2) Shoplifting is not a felony at least in the vast majority of cases/states. In fact, in the article you linked to, OP, it says her charge was "misdemeanor larceny" (this is a direct quote...people, please read what you link to).

Old 12-01-2014, 10:48 PM

25,322 posts, read 16,958,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
^^^

Agree.

I think criticism of a President's parents or children should be off limits.
Agree

I remember how Amy Carter used to catch hell; same with Chelsea Clinton; someone called 911 when the Bush girls walked into a bar.........uh! The cartoons, and on and on....

I'm no fan of Obama, but the girls are innocent.

Old 12-01-2014, 11:01 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,476,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
...And in other news it has been revealed that Elizabeth graduated from East Carolina University in May 2007 with a B.A. in Classical Civilizations.

She was President and Founder of Audeamus Communications. Prior to opening Audeamus Communications, Elizabeth served as Purple Strategies’ Social and Earned Media Manager. There, she was responsible for planning and executing best-in-class digital monitoring and engagement strategies. Before joining Purple, Lauten served as Press Secretary for Congressman Joe Walsh (R-IL). There she led an award-winning press shop as the Congressman’s spokeswoman, managing all communications and social media.

...So, it seems to me she has done pretty well and I expect that the world will continue to hear her very worthwhile views on things.
I think perhaps her judge would have been pleased ;she has certainly done more than most teen criminals to redeem herself. But as always some just like Nixon ;like Hoover want to smear.Even to the felony add on. Lots of Nixon's and Hoover out there these days. The ends justify the means type; always around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies