Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 05:13 PM

78,382 posts, read 60,566,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
although you're absolutely right that it was covered by the media, the numbers you give are way off.

a better estimate is obtained using the 'news' filter in google for the same search you made. using that method gives a nearly equally deceptive number of ~19 million 'hits.'

why is that number deceptive? click on out to page 8 in the results and you can see why: already the stories have nothing at all to do with this incident.
I didn't say those were the numbers of news stories but just the hits which gives a general feel for volume.
Regardless, there are hundreds of news stories across a host of articles and anyone saying the media isn't reporting it is lying or ignorant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2014, 05:17 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,098,118 times
You can't force blacks to get the training they would need to be police officers or to attend schools to qualify for the position. The suggestions that blacks like blacks better is just fine however if no one wants to apply for the jobs what's the point? Blaming the white cops is childish for the issues facing the black inner cities throughout the country.

Old 12-02-2014, 05:25 PM

78,382 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Well in the case of homicide by police, the LEO usually gets the benefit of the doubt. And it looks like some witnesses saw things one why, while others saw things differently. Could all of the witnesses that confirmed Brown's buddy's observation be lying? There's a chance. Could the witnesses that saw things differently be lying? There's a chance for that as well.

In my personal opinion a jury (not grand jury) should be deciding if the officer is guilty or not. This scenario was taken to a grand jury and it seemed the prosecution and defense were pretty much working together. Information was trickling out, there was a focus on witness credibility, and the list goes on... The federal government needs to take over the prosecution of LEOs period. Local prosecutors work hand and hand with these guys that they're tasked to prosecute when they commit crimes. Conflict of interest!!!
The biggest problem is that as usual....people made up their minds before getting all the facts and much of the witness testimony siding with Wilson's version of events was suppressed by fear of violence from Brown supporters. (Per the NAACP even)

Just like the gal that got shot in Detroit going up to the house at 3AM....people on both sides were telling all kinds of lies like she was trying to break in or like her aunt saying she was shot in the back.

Truth came out that the cowardly homeowner opened his door and shot her and he's going to rot in jail for it like he should.

Probably the most damning thing though is that with all the evidence present....feds aren't going to press charges either. (Per NPR discussion with legal experts today)

Old 12-02-2014, 05:28 PM

The real problem is that the black paradigm is a delusion and that the "man" is doing it to them even when the evidence shows it to be completely untrue. Many feel justified in this irrational behavior and like any dysfunction they cannot progress as citizens would in their lives.

Old 12-02-2014, 05:53 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
You can't force blacks to get the training they would need to be police officers or to attend schools to qualify for the position. The suggestions that blacks like blacks better is just fine however if no one wants to apply for the jobs what's the point? Blaming the white cops is childish for the issues facing the black inner cities throughout the country.
As someone with many black friends that are LEOs I can honestly say you don't know what the hell you're talking about son! The LAPD, LA Sheriffs Department, and California Highway Patrol all have large numbers of black employees. And I'm only speaking to 1 area... So the falsehood that "blacks don't want to apply" for these types of jobs is a delusional quite silly opinion...

Old 12-02-2014, 06:05 PM

We were talking about Ferguson Mo no?

Old 12-02-2014, 06:08 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
We were talking about Ferguson Mo no?
Yes... And I used an example of real world experience to set the record straight... You're welcome...

Old 12-02-2014, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Yes... And I used an example of real world experience to set the record straight... You're welcome...
oh blow me princess. Ferguson Mo had 2 black cops in addition to the 4 now. They left for other jobs. You can't have your own facts. The reason more black officers don't exist in Ferguson is because they cannot apply, they don't want to apply or they can't pass the criminal background check.

Old 12-02-2014, 06:33 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
I probably would not charge a police officer. Also, if I was a police officer, I probably would not shot an unarmed black man with his hands in the air either... Two wrongs don't make a right and enough is enough...
The hands in the air have been proven in court to be wrong. Misguided information from a person who wanted 5 mins of fame and people put the slogan on a t-shirt.

Brown's hands were never in the air.....

Old 12-02-2014, 06:34 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
The hands in the air have been proven in court to be wrong. Misguided information from a person who wanted 5 mins of fame and people put the slogan on a t-shirt.

Brown's hands were never in the air.....
When was the court case? I must have missed that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies