Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 06:30 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,773,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Not a fan of religion at all and I don't believe in God, but I did kinda snicker at that.

The Civil Rights Movement owes A LOT of its origin and momentum to black churches across the US and especially in the South. Black ministers used their pulpits and organizational skills to assemble protestors and make action plans.

Regardless of what you think about the Nation of Islam; you can't deny they didn't play a role in the black community. There was even this leader in the Nation of Islam who played a major role. Not many people have heard of him, but his name was Malcolm X and it seems he may have played a role in some fashion.
I do not understand why your are snickering as you basically repeated what I said about the Church and Civil Rights.

As for the NOI, I know all about them. A bunch of Flying Saucer-believing, Black Nazis.

Old 12-03-2014, 06:46 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,869,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I do not understand why your are snickering as you basically repeated what I said about the Church and Civil Rights.

As for the NOI, I know all about them. A bunch of Flying Saucer-believing, Black Nazis.
I was snickering at what DD said since it was so wrong.

I was agreeing with your post.

The NOI is basically Scientology for black anti-Semites, but Malcolm X had some good points. Especially in his later years. The irony is that he was murdered because he mellowed out and tried to reach out to people rather than merely relying on "Us versus Them".

Old 12-03-2014, 08:56 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,773,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
I was snickering at what DD said since it was so wrong.

I was agreeing with your post.

The NOI is basically Scientology for black anti-Semites, but Malcolm X had some good points. Especially in his later years. The irony is that he was murdered because he mellowed out and tried to reach out to people rather than merely relying on "Us versus Them".
My bad.

Old 12-03-2014, 08:57 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,891,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
As is your agenda to discredit its validity. Whites hold out their "discredit card" for all to see.

For good reason....watch the news.

Old 12-03-2014, 09:25 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,828,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Do you think Latinos will put up with blacks'constant complaints after they establish themselves in the political system?
Im not really sure why black is being compared to latino, there are latinos who are black, white too. Latino is nothing but an ethnic group no racial. And honestly depending on what part of the country one is in latinos may or may not give two ****s about blacks in general.

California as an example. Look at how blacks are viewed in their own countries in latin america

Old 12-03-2014, 09:34 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,704,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
For good reason....watch the news.
And we have good reason for the race card....see the last 400 years.

Old 12-03-2014, 11:20 AM

3,913 posts, read 5,228,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
What are you talking about? YOU are the one who stated that blacks have much to fear when hard working Hispanics become the majority and do not want to put up with black complaints. Now you are telling me about the statistical improbability of Minorities (which would essentially be Hispanics since they are the largest and fastest growing of the minorities) becoming the majority in my lifetime.

So what I take from what you just posted is that you should have never brought up the thing about blacks fearing hard working Hispanics when they get power......because it will be decades before that happens.
Backwards....it was you who alleged that whites have much to fear. They don't. Their numbers are too great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies