Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 08:28 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,194,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Thanks for illustrating my point, but white guilt doesn't work on me. I grew up dirt poor.

When faced with a theory you don't like, fire back with white guilt. People who looked like me 200 years ago owned slaves in the southern agrarian colonies, so I must now feel guilty for it, write a check and beg forgiveness.

White guilt is a very profitable extortion racket for the black subsidiary of Grievance Inc. Your attempt to employ it in rebuttal is again, a nice illustration.
Stop with your victimology. No one is talking about white guilt except you. You obviously take issue with your own history.

It's not about like or dislike for me because I have ZERO history in this country. All of that is your history, not mine.

Just stating the facts. No one can make statements American history without some set of whites whining about how someone is trying to make them feel guilty.

GET OVER IT...you are not a victim.

Old 12-02-2014, 08:29 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,262,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Your problem Brother.
I don't have any problems.

I don't look for any love or approval from other races. For all I care, they can ALL hate blacks. I only care about my friends.

"Brother." (can't believe you said that SMH)

Old 12-02-2014, 08:31 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,726,132 times
Quote:
Thanks for illustrating my point, but white guilt doesn't work on me. I grew up dirt poor.

When faced with a theory you don't like, fire back with white guilt. People who looked like me 200 years ago owned slaves in the southern agrarian colonies, so I must now feel guilty for it, write a check and beg forgiveness.

White guilt is a very profitable extortion racket for the black subsidiary of Grievance Inc. Your attempt to employ it in rebuttal is again, a nice illustration.
Actually, just reading post and opinions like yours should create a guilty conscious in and of itself. If I were to ask you a simple question, you would refuse to answer it....BECAUSE OF GUILT! So here it goes.... 1,000,000 dollar question:

Do you believe that if the roles were reversed historically that whites would collectively be in a better, same or worse situation than the black collective is in socioeconomically in America today? In other words, could whites have pulled themselves up better than blacks, the same as blacks or worse than blacks?

White guilt will keep you from giving a direct answer to the question.

Old 12-02-2014, 08:32 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,181,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
This I notice is an arrogant delusion among black folks because the manner they execute is generally confrontational and uncouth so the very good that could be done is lost in the delivery.

This is ridiculous as blacks have had decades to improve themselves and some have and they are quiet yet it is the growing lower class of blacks that are the complainers. No shootings of professional class or para-professional class blacks. They are not trouble makers. It is always the garbage class.
Blacks have been improving themselves for decades - while at the same time there have been weights, anchors, and hands pushing them back down while they have been struggling to pull themselves up. Why do you think Black society is stratifying? Or do you think every back person in America will become instantly successful millionaires two days after the CRA passed?

It's only been two generations, is that enough time for a people who were severely disadvantaged to overcome? Did Italians and Irish do it all in one generation? Did they do it without resorting to crime as an intermediate step?

Quote:
The post is just another example of black arrogance. Talk about about marginal things or make up accomplishments and disregard the utter failure of your society. White folk make clear demarcations between their performers and losers and do not support their losers.
You are trying to be sarcastic and I missed the joke right? Yea, like whole groups of whites never gets ahead because of nepotism or hired before someone else because they are white and the other is not. BS.

Old 12-02-2014, 08:36 AM

30,321 posts, read 23,805,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Actually, just reading post and opinions like yours should create a guilty conscious in and of itself. If I were to ask you a simple question, you would refuse to answer it....BECAUSE OF GUILT! So here it goes.... 1,000,000 dollar question:

Do you believe that if the roles were reversed that whites would collectively be in a better, same or worse situation that the black condition is in socioeconomically in America?

I'll answer it.

Yes, I think they would be in a better situation. Do you believe that blacks were the only ones enslaved and held down? You would be wrong.

Old 12-02-2014, 08:36 AM

14,011 posts, read 5,655,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Stop with your victimology. No one is talking about white guilt except you. You obviously take issue with your own history.

It's not about like or dislike for me because I have ZERO history in this country. All of that is your history, not mine.

Just stating the facts. GET OVER IT...you are not a victim.
I never said I was a victim. In fact, I said victimology doesn't work on me. But Grievance Inc is a profitable enterprise, and white guilt does work quite well on some. That's another element to why you see more complaining from blacks than from other minorities....they are more profitable in doing so.

It makes sense. If an activity is profitable, do it. If it is really profitable, do it a lot. White guilt works and is extraordinarily profitable for some of its better practitioners. Al Sharpton has gotten away with fomenting like half a dozen riots, accessory to murder, and is a highly paid talk show host on a cable network based SOLELY on how well he peddles white guilt. He and Jesse Jackson established the industry, and others have followed. Again, it is profitable, so people do it.

I could care less personally, and if a con man can find suckers who fall for the con, good on 'em for making money with less effort than most. Capitalism is a wonderful thing.

Old 12-02-2014, 08:39 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,726,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I'll answer it.

Yes, I think they would be in a better situation. Do you believe that blacks were the only ones enslaved and held down? You would be wrong.
You are essentially arguing that whites are superior. This is what needs to be understood. Much of the arguments being made are based upon the assumption and belief of black inferiority....and these people who think like this have an impact of the life opportunities for blacks when these people are positions of power and or authority.

Push comes to shove and the company needs to hire someone to help improve their bottom line, one white and one black candidate with similar credentials....the white will get the node because of the superiority quotient. When faced with making a split second decision on whether to shoot someone.....the black will be shot because of the inferiority quotient makes them more potentially violent and threatening....etc. They will get the higher interest rates on the loan because black inferiority will likely lead to irresponsibility and greater risk.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 12-02-2014 at 10:11 AM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 12-02-2014, 08:39 AM

17,840 posts, read 13,754,245 times
Quote:

Blacks got ahead on their own during segregation without intervention
I just chuckle at the "life was a bowl of cherries" for blacks during segregation that cons are pitching these days.

Unable to vote, poor schools, dirt roads and shacks on their side of the tracks, extreme limits to accessing decent work (domestic work, train porters), extreme social prejudice.

And of course we had lynchings and unfair law enforcement and judicial tactics.

While the social policies may have indeed made things worse, It was just as bad or worse in many ways back then.

Old 12-02-2014, 08:44 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,194,159 times
Quote:
I never said I was a victim. In fact, I said victimology doesn't work on me. But Grievance Inc is a profitable enterprise, and white guilt does work quite well on some. That's another element to why you see more complaining from blacks than from other minorities....they are more profitable in doing so.

It makes sense. If an activity is profitable, do it. If it is really profitable, do it a lot. White guilt works and is extraordinarily profitable for some of its better practitioners. Al Sharpton has gotten away with fomenting like half a dozen riots, accessory to murder, and is a highly paid talk show host on a cable network based SOLELY on how well he peddles white guilt. He and Jesse Jackson established the industry, and others have followed. Again, it is profitable, so people do it.

I could care less personally, and if a con man can find suckers who fall for the con, good on 'em for making money with less effort than most. Capitalism is a wonderful thing.
Sorry but whining about others trying to make you feel guilty when they are simply discussing history is VICTIMOLOGY.

No one said anything about you personally, so why are you claiming someone is trying to make you feel guilty?

If that makes you feel guilty, that is your problem.

I don't sit around listening to Sharption and Jackson.

So again, stop the victimology.

Old 12-02-2014, 08:45 AM

14,011 posts, read 5,655,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post

Do you believe that if the roles were reversed historically that whites would collectively be in a better, same or worse situation than the black collective is in socioeconomically in America today? In other words, could whites have pulled themselves up better than blacks, the same as blacks or worse than blacks?

There is no correct answer to a hypothetical, but I'll use the Irish slave example from history - the Irish were cheaper slaves than African slaves, were treated worse, and suffered all manner of oppression in the same Colonies that African slaves did. 50 years after the Emancipation Proclamation and 13th Amendment, Chinese were still indentured servants in much of the US. Both groups seem to have done just fine coming from such oppressive circumstances.

So truth be told, given that whites were enslaving whites long before they got around to enslaving blacks, I'd say if the roles were reversed per your example (as they were with Irish slaves of the English), whites would be more successful per capita.

Now, if we are saying if we reversed the roles of racial grievance and collective complaining trumping individual effort as well, then yeah, whites would likely be in a similar place, since collective complaint and groupthink is one of black America's historical problems, at least more statistically general than other races that is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies