Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2014, 10:19 AM

56,990 posts, read 35,095,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Well for better or for worse, you are my brother. We are both Americans and we are both in this together. It's not a perfect scenario, but it is better than most.

Doesn't mean I don't think you insane at times.
Ehhh...no, we're not brothers in any kind of way. Not for better or worse.

Yeah, we're both Americans but let's not get carried away.

Insane? LOL...i'll just leave that one alone.

Old 12-02-2014, 10:23 AM

15,068 posts, read 6,137,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
It would depend on how closely they followed the racial collective mindset. First generation black immigrants from the Caribbean and Western Africa do better per capita than native born black people, and start with fewer advantages of citizenship. Why? I think cultural influence in your immediate surroundings does indeed play a part, and in many urban, low income settings, the culture for everyone, not just blacks, is a perpetual woe_is_me entitlement mindset that is self-fulfilling prophecy. Blacks fall prey to this more than others because they have it pushed at them more than others from within and externally as well. It's simply part of the welfare state at this point.

But your Caribbean and African immigrant comes here as an adult without having been immersed in that culture of collective racial negativity, and end up doing better on a per capita basis.

Understand that I am not being racially biased here, because there are pockets of entitled white people all over America with the exact same immediate culture of negativity and entitlement, and the welfare roll calls bear witness to that. The point I am making is that the entitlement mindset trumps skin color for its negative effect on the individual, regardless of race. So to answer whether whites would do better, same or worse than blacks, we'd need to establish the parameter of how closely they followed the racial collective negativity and entitlement that certain subcultures of blacks have.
Yes, it is true that African, and Afro-Caribbean people to a lesser extent, come here with cultures in tact and without having to deal about the issues that the African-American population had to deal with for so long. Those problematic peoples are back in the countries of descent.

Recent people of African descent don't subscribe to racial mindsets as much because our societies have been more free from such ideas. Having success in mind, giving back to our families/nations of origin and other priorities are very much related to the fact that the major work has been completely largely by African-Americans, allowing us to take advantage.

It does seem, however, that longer we are here and the less connected we are to our cultures, the less successful we sometimes become.

Old 12-02-2014, 10:24 AM

56,990 posts, read 35,095,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie_hair View Post
Haha I find it ironic that black people struggled so much for equality yet are also the biggest homophobic community out there.

Right wingers know this and are using it to sucker you guys in. The black community is too homophobic to realize this.
We're homophobic mostly because we stupidly accepted Christianity as our faith, and it's a homophobic religion. Same for blacks that took on the Islamic faith, though those numbers are miniscule.

Goes to my contention that black people would be much better off if we'd just get rid of that religious nonsense and quit looking to a white, blonde haired, blue eyed Jewish Jesus for our "salvation". The notion of taking your former slaveowner's faith is unbelievably absurd to begin with. Religion has stultified blacks back far more than any white man ever did.

Old 12-02-2014, 10:28 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,498,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
you can't compare gays with blacks.
People are born with their skin color.
And people are born with their sexual orientation or gender identity.

Old 12-02-2014, 10:29 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,498,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
We're homophobic mostly because we stupidly accepted Christianity as our faith, and it's a homophobic religion. Same for blacks that took on the Islamic faith, though those numbers are miniscule.

Goes to my contention that black people would be much better off if we'd just get rid of that religious nonsense and quit looking to a white, blonde haired, blue eyed Jewish Jesus for our "salvation". The notion of taking your former slaveowner's faith is unbelievably absurd to begin with. Religion has stultified blacks back far more than any white man ever did.
Cheers!!!

It's long past time to put aside childish things like superstition.

Old 12-02-2014, 10:30 AM

52,457 posts, read 34,191,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Curious why this article is being ignored. This shows clearly the difference in the thinking between the two groups. It is also why they recovered so much more quickly. Learned helplessness is crippling and some here are clinging to it like their lives depended on it.
speaking personally, I couldn't open it.

Old 12-02-2014, 10:32 AM

13,631 posts, read 20,713,962 times
Quote:
Ehhh...no, we're not brothers in any kind of way. Not for better or worse.

Yeah, we're both Americans but let's not get carried away.

Insane? LOL...i'll just leave that one alone.
Oh well. Guess I won't be seeing you at the Jefferson Airplane reunion.

So much for idealism.

Old 12-02-2014, 10:34 AM

14,293 posts, read 9,653,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
....it is because they inherit the benefits of our complaints and our struggles. Black people have been like the person in the big meeting that ask the question that nobody else asks....but long to know the answer to. "when are we going to get raises"...sort of thing, because others don't want to make waves and be seen as complainers.

{snip}
Some complaints are warranted, some aren't.

It's legitimate to complain about fair pay for work performed, or even complaining about being treated unfairly due to race.

It's another thing to complain about the police treating your neighborhood differently when you live in a crime ridden, gang infested, hostile neighborhood.

Old 12-02-2014, 10:38 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,669,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
No, they stopped committing crimes and causing general mayhem. They embraced education and personal responsibility. They were not targeted because they had brogues, funny clothes, and whiskey bottles in the pocket. As stated, it was not called a Paddy Wagon because it was green.

Instead of blaming others for your own self destruction, perhaps study the Luck of the Irish as an example of how to elevate yourself.

Then again, it is easier to depict the Crips as misunderstood youths just trying to get to their calculus tutor.
When they were able to blend end they had less reason for illegal activity because they received the full benefits of whiteness.

Keep in mind also that America was still rising and booming economically, drugs were not as rampant and neither was hand guns and 247 media and movies about violence. The Irish experience was different in degree and kind from the black experience.

Old 12-02-2014, 10:46 AM

14,293 posts, read 9,653,703 times
Quote:

So what happens when the small amount of introspection that go along with complying with the morals and ethics of religious teachings are gone? what then, a reliance on the weakening of two parent black family?

Reliance on the big government nanny state, which has replaced the black father, has stupefied blacks.

If the white KKK democrats wanted to engineer the destruction of the black family; between abortion, social welfare, and maintaining the black victim-hood mentality, I doubt they could have done a better job than the current Democratic Party if they tried.

One day, I hope the people will wake up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies