Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 09:45 PM

406 posts, read 283,308 times

Advertisements

My mentor and personal lifelong hero Mr. Wyatt Earp would have given Mike Brown one look, and he would have crapped his pants.

Good plan Mike......

He will/would KILL you......and sleep like a baby!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2014, 09:54 PM

592 posts, read 414,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Feltser View Post
This is about law enforcement policy, but may move toward other strategies and ideas for preventing unnecessary deaths.

So, in terms of police policy, would it be a good or bad idea to leave in place the policy of chasing felony suspects? Or should officers be barred from giving chase to any suspect?

If during that chase, the officer finds himself targeted by a threat from the suspect, I think it would be beneficial to have a policy of attempting to flee, if possible, to allow for backup to arrive or other options for ending the altercation.

Again, anything wrong with that?

I don't know whether the actual shooting was justified. If Wilson's description of the events is true AND he reasonably thought he had no means of escape, I would say that it was not
To prevent another Ferguson you have to stay out of Ferguson. If you're not black and you own a business, you should expect your business to be burned to the ground. If a member of the community wants to rob you, you need to apologize for your race. Don't call the cops. And next time if you want to indict a white police officer make sure the jury is all black.

Old 12-03-2014, 10:16 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Feltser View Post
This is about law enforcement policy, but may move toward other strategies and ideas for preventing unnecessary deaths.

So, in terms of police policy, would it be a good or bad idea to leave in place the policy of chasing felony suspects? Or should officers be barred from giving chase to any suspect?

If during that chase, the officer finds himself targeted by a threat from the suspect, I think it would be beneficial to have a policy of attempting to flee, if possible, to allow for backup to arrive or other options for ending the altercation.

Again, anything wrong with that?

I don't know whether the actual shooting was justified. If Wilson's description of the events is true AND he reasonably thought he had no means of escape, I would say that it was not
...then the officer should eliminate the threat and if he has to, do so with lethal force. This isn't a game of tag where the loser still gets to go home.

And what's with the absurdity of not chasing suspects? So how would the police catch them? Hope that the suspect voluntarily surrenders? And what would more police officers, i.e. backup, do? If your idea is to de-escalate the use of force, how does adding more officers do that? Besides, if you let the suspect go, calling for backup would be pointless because by the time they arrived, the suspect would be gone.

"Where did he go?"

"I dunnooo...!"

[]

Old 12-03-2014, 10:21 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Can Another Ferguson be Prevented?

Well, not if conservatives have their way...

Old 12-03-2014, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
...then the officer should eliminate the threat and if he has to, do so with lethal force. This isn't a game of tag where the loser still gets to go home.

And what's with the absurdity of not chasing suspects? So how would the police catch them? Hope that the suspect voluntarily surrenders? And what would more police officers, i.e. backup, do? If your idea is to de-escalate the use of force, how does adding more officers do that? Besides, if you let the suspect go, calling for backup would be pointless because by the time they arrived, the suspect would be gone.

"Where did he go?"

"I dunnooo...!"

[]
Guys like Brown thought like that. It's idiotic and foolish to think that way. I remember what Police were like when I was a kid. They would scare the hell out of you. Times have changed since then, but never underestimate the badge and gun.

Old 12-03-2014, 10:24 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
1. have criminals stop committing crimes

2. don't assualt cops

3. when a cop asks you stop, don't charge him
In my community we love our cops. They do so much for us. But growing up I know 2 women who were raped by cops. They stopped them and made them feel like they did something wrong. And then they took advantage of them. You just can't trust all of them.

Old 12-03-2014, 10:25 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,138,222 times
Serious answer to thread title: Better education coupled with proactive, civil-minded parenting.

Non-serious answer to thread title: Eugenics.

Old 12-03-2014, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
Serious answer to thread title: Better education coupled with proactive, civil-minded parenting.

Non-serious answer to thread title: Eugenics.

.40 S&W - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-03-2014, 11:13 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Can Another Ferguson be Prevented?

Well, not if conservatives have their way...

Conservatives my AZZ! Try a ignorant way of thinking a ignorant way of living. A warp mentality hell bent on destroying, if they do not get their way.

These people acted like animals, how do you reason with that. Yes burn down the damn town, that is a way to get people to respond, the thing is the wrong people responded!

Old 12-03-2014, 11:32 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Obey the laws quite simply. Do not resist arrest because bad things can happen. Stop violent behavior that even makes school no longer safe place. When courts had to have to have detection devices ;you knew things where getting worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies