Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 01:34 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,472,117 times

Advertisements

There is a new social media trend using the hashtag #CrimingWhileWhite

#CrimingWhileWhite points out racial double standard - CNN.com

Cnn did an article about this and included some of the twitter posts.

It looks like white people are going on twitter and posting 'crime they got away with'

Most of these are kind of petty thing it looks like and a lot of them were underrage too.

Anybody think this is dangerous and the kind of thing that is going to create more race issues or hate crimes?

Old 12-04-2014, 01:37 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
There is a new social media trend using the hashtag #CrimingWhileWhite

#CrimingWhileWhite points out racial double standard - CNN.com

Cnn did an article about this and included some of the twitter posts.

It looks like white people are going on twitter and posting 'crime they got away with'

Most of these are kind of petty thing it looks like and a lot of them were underrage too.

Anybody think this is dangerous and the kind of thing that is going to create more race issues or hate crimes?
because everyone knows that no black person ever got away with a crime

Old 12-04-2014, 01:58 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
That would mean whites are smarter than others. I reject that but others can't have it both ways. Reminds me of a documentary on drug dealers in several large cities. They all displayed number of weapons and where asked if that was to use against law enforcement. All said no; it was to kill or be killed by other dealers and users that try to ripe them off. They I arrest said you just go quietly; say nothing; hire a good lawyer ;bailout then go about your business.

Old 12-04-2014, 01:58 PM

How many people black,white,asian,hispanic,etc get caught on their first crime?...

Like with drunk driving etc, when someone gets caught they've usually done it many times.

With speeding, how many people can the officer pull over? While he's giving a ticket to one guy , how many more passed by over the speed limit?

Old 12-04-2014, 02:01 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,204,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
How many people black,white,asian,hispanic,etc get caught on their first crime?...

Like with drunk driving etc, when someone gets caught they've usually done it many times.

With speeding, how many people can the officer pull over? While he's giving a ticket to one guy , how many more passed by over the speed limit?
I am pretty sure people are twitting times they got caught.

Old 12-04-2014, 02:05 PM

I didn't read them all, but I read one that was a white guy that admitted to shoplifting for 3 years and said he figured, "whats the big deal if I get caught"

It would be great if law enforcement started investigating all these people that got away with crime...I wonder what the statute of limitations is on most of them..

If these white people feel so bad about getting away with crime, why don't they turn themselves in and offer to be punished to the fuill extent of the law.

Old 12-04-2014, 02:05 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,133,458 times
I think you all are missing the point of the hashtag, or haven't read through the messages. I've been big on Twitter every since Ferguson and saw this trending this morning. There's also a hashtag #alivewhileblack that details black people's experience with LEO.

People are getting on there to show how their criminal experiences were handled by law enforcement to show the "privelege" they have.

The youth is not divided by race. Many of us are united and working to solve problems.

Old 12-04-2014, 02:15 PM

How can you prove there is a 'priveldge" ?

How does the issue get solved? Should we screen or test all the officers in the country to have an anti "white privedge" mentality?

Do we stop allowing whites to become officers? Would that solve the problem?

What about when an unarmed white person is killed by a white officer? Why didn't that white priveldge" save them that time?

Old 12-04-2014, 02:23 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,657,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
because everyone knows that no black person ever got away with a crime
OJ.. and you never let us forget it.

Old 12-04-2014, 02:25 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,657,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
That would mean whites are smarter than others. I reject that but others can't have it both ways. Reminds me of a documentary on drug dealers in several large cities. They all displayed number of weapons and where asked if that was to use against law enforcement. All said no; it was to kill or be killed by other dealers and users that try to ripe them off. They I arrest said you just go quietly; say nothing; hire a good lawyer ;bailout then go about your business.
that good ole dumb logic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies