Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2014, 08:15 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Sorry to tell you this, but your son isn't a brain surgeon, where it's nearly impossible for a civvie to second guess specific actions.
he's not???????? Jeeze Louise, silly me, I thought all cops were brain Surgeons? just like all civis are experts on police procedures!

Old 12-09-2014, 08:23 AM

22,187 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
How would you feel if you were the store owner that complained about the cigarettes being illegally sold in front of their store???

They try to arrest him........then tell you they can't.

That was not what happened in this case. A store owner previously complained about it, and the matter was taken at that time, which Garner had a future court day for. When this particular incident took place there was no call about him selling illegal cigarettes. It should be a citation anyway.

Even if you feel he should have been arrested, that doesn't give the cop the right to do put him in a chokehold that is completely against NYPD policy, and to top it off the most obvious and easiest to prove charge was left off the table by the DA.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:39 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Wow, this one surprised me. The cop basically killed the man for selling loose cigarettes. That is basically a blatant example of excessive force.
More Big Government is definitely the Final Solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
When the heart is deprived of oxygen it begins a process leading to cell death in the myocardium or "a heart attack". The original issue is lack of 02.
Damn, someone is actually informed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
CNN inflames situation with headline.... 'no indictment in choking death'.

Problem is there were NO injuries to his windpipe or neck and he did not die from choking.

the hold was not the banned choke hoild but a modified hold that is permitted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
CNN said it was a heart attack.
Wow, obviously "proximate cause" isn't part of your vocabulary.

What caused the heart attack?

Um, the choke-hold, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
All he had to do was stop moving.
No, it's a little more complicated than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknyc View Post
If Eric Garner was choked to the point of passing out (and subsequently dying), I can understand a murder (or even involuntary manslaughter) charge but he was still alive and breathing following the take down. It seems to me that his existing medical condition is contributed to his death.
Let us now discuss how Liberals are accomplices to the Death of Eric Garner.

In spite of Political Correctness and the many pedantic musing of Liberals, Race is very real.

Get over it.

There's more to Race than mere differences in skin-pigmentation and physical appearance.

There are also physiological and bio-chemical/hormonal differences.

The theory behind the choke-hold is very simple:

1] you compress both arteries in the neck
2] the compression restricts the flow of blood to the brain
3] restricted blood flow to the brain also reduces oxygen flow to the brain
4] evolution has resulted in the loss of consciousness in order to preserve life or reduce further damage
5] dilation of the arteries in the neck results in regaining consciousness

That's how it works for the Caucasoid and Mongoloid Races and many for many groups in the Aboriginoid Race.

That is not how it works for the Negroid Race, or for some groups of the Aboriginoid Race.

When this choke-hold is used on Black men or women, they die.

This choke-hold was not banned by police departments, other law enforcement agencies, and private security companies throughout the federation on a mere whim.

It was banned because the evidence proves irrefutably that over the decades, thousands and thousands and thousand of Blacks died --- but Whites and Asians did not.

Why?

Nobody knows.

I would theorize it is hormonal.

Once released from the choke-hold, in Whites and Asians the hypothalamus and amygdala immediately flood the body with hormones, such as adrenalin, which dilates the arteries and blood vessels, to increase oxygenation and nutrient flow (via blood flow).

For reasons unknown, that does not happen in Blacks and certain Aboriginoids (tribal groups in the Americas, Africa, Asia, and Oceania).

All Capital is limited, fixed and finite, and so it is that Capital for medical research is limited. Liberals would rather spend the very limited research money on HIV/AIDS and other STDs, than on Negroid Bio-Chemistry.

Perhaps it would help if police carried atropine injectors.

Atropine is a stimulant made from the roots of plants in the Nightshade Family that is used to counter-act the effects of nerve agents. Atropine does that by dilating the arteries and blood vessels, as well as stimulating heart rate and blood pressure.

Don't forget, this is a Union benefit as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I had handcuffing and takedown training. It IS freaking hard.....at the beginning of your training. Its a LOT easier at the end, but still a challenge. And when they're big its very hard.
It's only a challenge for the incompetent.

Quote:
Lorenzo Collins had a brick. Fifteen police officers, surrounding Mr. Collins, had guns.

A 25-year-old Avondale man with a history of mental illness, Mr. Collins died five days after two of those officers shot him on Feb. 23, 1997. He had refused to drop the brick he was using to threaten police.
They shot him 14 times.

Ohhhhh a brick....that's scary.

In the time those 15 wannabe-cops were standing around masturbating their trigger-guards, I could have trained two 12 year old girls in unarmed self-defense and they could have taken Collins out with no one getting killed or injured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
No. It is because law abiding people are just that. Do not break laws. Do not confront the police. Do not resist a law enforcement officer in the execution of their sworn duty.
What I'm smelling is, "No Civil Disobedience ever."

Is that right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I'll say this. This case unlike Ferguson is disturbing, and I don't agree with the verdict on this decision at all. I mean, he was only selling individual cigarettes for cryin' out loud!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Nobody should ever be arrested for selling loose cigarette's on a street corner. Do you support arrest people for jaywalking? Parking too far from the curb?
Good point.

I guess it's a good thing he wasn't protesting the hideous laws against 3rd Parties in Ohio that violate the US Constitution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Maybe there would have been a trial if they didn't give immunity to the other officers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Or if the proper charges were presented but the point that the only desire was to protect all the officers as opposed to getting to the truth and justice is correct.
Or we could apply the US Supreme Court's view vis-a-vis the Military, and say that civil service is unique and that it is permissible to deny civil servants the right against self-incrimination under the 5th Amendment and require all civil servants to be candid and forthright, or forfeit their job and benefits.

Indicting...

Mircea

Old 12-09-2014, 09:46 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
With the proper charges presented there was no reason to grant anyone immunity.

Old 12-09-2014, 10:01 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
he's not???????? Jeeze Louise, silly me, I thought all cops were brain Surgeons? just like all civis are experts on police procedures!
Not all civvies are police procedure experts. Apparently, neither are all cops.

I can watch a brain surgeon in action and not have a clue whether he's saving or killing a patient.

I can watch the Garner video and know that force was excessive given the nature of the crime, the lack of threat to the cops and public, and use of a banned procedure.

In case anyone's forgotten, how many times was Garner arrested ? Is it still More Than Thirty [30] ?

Old 12-09-2014, 10:21 AM

Quote:
jazzarama Not all civvies are police procedure experts. Apparently, neither are all cops.
all civis in here are police procedure experts.

Quote:
I can watch the Garner video and know that force was excessive given the nature of the crime, the lack of threat to the cops and public, and use of a banned procedure.
a banned procedure isn't illegal....and Garner was a 300 lb over 6 foot tall man, there was no other way to handcuff him....he resisted....he bought his own death upon himself....

In case anyone's forgotten, how many times was Garner arrested ? Is it still More Than Thirty [30] ?[/quote]

and yes, it was over 30 times......

over 30 times......

Old 12-09-2014, 10:39 AM

23,550 posts, read 17,227,205 times
"Wow, obviously "proximate cause" isn't part of your vocabulary.

Um, the choke-hold, thank you."

Two guys murdered a recluse living in a converted chicken coop across the river from my home. Thought he had a lot of money, he did but it was all on paper in land ownership not cash. they beat him to death, convicted and later released. Argument was though they beat him badly, the victim choked on his own blood thus exonerating the perps in some twisted legal logic.

Legal logic does not necessarily equate to comon sense and throws cause and effect in a whole new arena.

When aggitators take advantage of pitting law against logic to create a pot of boiling emotion you get this hysteria.

Who really understands the law except a herd of contentious lawyers and select judges that have a decade to resolve guilt or innocence.

At any rate in this case the unfortunate death was a result of resisting arrest, not intentional, not racist, an unfortunate accident contributed to by the guy resisting arrest though he knew exactly how to respond after being arrested 30+ times.

The choke hold was not the cause, it was one event of several physiological events complicated by a pre-existing condition, which only the big guy knew. Go wrestle with a giant guy who has asthma, no choke hold, and see what might be the outcome.

"Choke hold' is also a legal term used wrecklessly by the media. Apparently a 'choke hold' as defined as illegal was not used. It was a modified version approved by the authorities.

Old 12-09-2014, 11:02 AM

Quote:
"Wow, obviously "proximate cause" isn't part of your vocabulary.

Um, the choke-hold, thank you."

Two guys murdered a recluse living in a converted chicken coop across the river from my home. Thought he had a lot of money, he did but it was all on paper in land ownership not cash. they beat him to death, convicted and later released. Argument was though they beat him badly, the victim choked on his own blood thus exonerating the perps in some twisted legal logic.

Legal logic does not necessarily equate to comon sense and throws cause and effect in a whole new arena.

When aggitators take advantage of pitting law against logic to create a pot of boiling emotion you get this hysteria.

Who really understands the law except a herd of contentious lawyers and select judges that have a decade to resolve guilt or innocence.

At any rate in this case the unfortunate death was a result of resisting arrest, not intentional, not racist, an unfortunate accident contributed to by the guy resisting arrest though he knew exactly how to respond after being arrested 30+ times.

The choke hold was not the cause, it was one event of several physiological events complicated by a pre-existing condition, which only the big guy knew. Go wrestle with a giant guy who has asthma, no choke hold, and see what might be the outcome.

"Choke hold' is also a legal term used wrecklessly by the media. Apparently a 'choke hold' as defined as illegal was not used. It was a modified version approved by the authorities.
A very good post, and choke holds are not illegal, although they were banned in some cities......

and this post, was logical and right on....however, you will have people come in and tear it all apart, putting words in your mouth, b/c they refuse to be logical.

Old 12-09-2014, 11:17 AM

23,550 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
A very good post, and choke holds are not illegal, although they were banned in some cities......

and this post, was logical and right on....however, you will have people come in and tear it all apart, putting words in your mouth, b/c they refuse to be logical.
Yes they will.

"When aggitators take advantage of pitting law against logic to create a pot of boiling emotion you get this hysteria. "

Let me emphasize the media as a member of that well recognized lynch mob who lives in oblivion, traces their roots back to voodoo and witch burning and is alive and well and misdirected.

Old 12-09-2014, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Yes they will.

"When aggitators take advantage of pitting law against logic to create a pot of boiling emotion you get this hysteria. "

Let me emphasize the media as a member of that well recognized lynch mob who lives in oblivion, traces their roots back to voodoo and witch burning and is alive and well and misdirected.
oh believe me, the media has totally taken control over this, as well as many leaders, my son and I were talking about this in length, and yanno what its all about....votes....my friend, votes...that is all they care about.

But blacks in the projects also need to take control and stop what they are doing, educate themselves, finish school, become good citizens, instead of standing on street corners selling illegal cigs. They also need to start using condoms, and stop have 5 - 7 kids they cannot afford, and they need to become real moms and dads....I saw a video, where women actually starting fighting physically in a Chucky cheese in front of their kids. They should have taken every kid away from those women involved, b/c those kids will have no life....they also have to start assuming responsablility for what they do....

I cannot believe the length some of these leaders will go to, to appease wrong, so they get votes....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies