Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2014, 03:25 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,003,519 times

Advertisements

But you lefties are always supporting "well regulated militia" as what the 2nd amendment meant.

These jack booted thugs ARE your precious "well regulated militia".

Enjoy!

Old 12-03-2014, 03:26 PM

5,186 posts, read 4,642,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
And if there are departments like that, check the screen name...I am all about slapping down tyranny. I just have a different outlook with police, even when I think they are jagoff agents of oppression, because I've done the job and I know the rules for handling those encounters, regardless of your role in the play.

I've never been roughed up by a cop, not even once. My dad taught me that fighting a cop on the street is as dumb as dumb gets, but fighting them with a lawyer in a courtroom is smart...so don't be dumb.

And my last two traffic stops, polite, calm and respectful got me a warning when I admitted that yes, I know why you stopped, yes, I was doing that, and here is exactly why. Actually, last stop the guy got me on two things, and because I was polite, calm and respectful, he only ticketed me for the non-points, cheaper violation.
Actually the guy already paid the ultimate price for being "dumb" by your definition. He died. Now it's time for the cop to pay. Let's just say it's his bad luck for being at the wrong place at the wrong time, accidentally killing a man when trying to arrest him. America is the land of laws and zero common sense.

Old 12-03-2014, 03:32 PM

13,507 posts, read 16,984,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
But you lefties are always supporting "well regulated militia" as what the 2nd amendment meant.

Enjoy!
..they actually need to be "regulated", not be allowed to operate like a rogue gang. That's what happens when you call people "heroes" just because they put on a uniform.

It's an important and necessary occupation, it just should be assumed that when you're given that kind of power, you're going to be watched and held to a higher standard. In the case of the area I live, cops with 2 year criminal justice degrees have more lucrative careers than most doctors....more should be expected of them. It should not be accepted for them to behave like 1950's mob cops on the take.

Old 12-03-2014, 03:36 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,003,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
..they actually need to be "regulated", not be allowed to operate like a rogue gang. That's what happens when you call people "heroes" just because they put on a uniform.

It's an important and necessary occupation, it just should be assumed that when you're given that kind of power, you're going to be watched and held to a higher standard. In the case of the area I live, cops with 2 year criminal justice degrees have more lucrative careers than most doctors....more should be expected of them. It should not be accepted for them to behave like 1950's mob cops on the take.
So are you in the "no guns for citizens" and "only for well regulated militia" camp?

Old 12-03-2014, 03:37 PM

16,871 posts, read 10,523,078 times
It's not that crazy. Like I said when this came out - the chokehold may have been against policy and may have hurt Mr. Garden but it was likely a combination of his resisting and numerous medical issues that killed him.

Old 12-03-2014, 03:41 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,076,680 times
This is a better case for "the movement to make its point". The Brown case is way too muddy.

Old 12-03-2014, 03:44 PM

5,305 posts, read 4,384,488 times
This one is truly surprising. IMHO this cop should have been charged. This maneuver was against policy. But, I wasn't on that Grand Jury, it would be irresponsible to join a feeding frenzy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 12-03-2014 at 04:09 PM..

Old 12-03-2014, 03:48 PM

34,620 posts, read 21,506,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Oh really? You think that cop should get off that killed that 12 year old? Did you even SEE the video? Here, take a look. Maybe then you'll realize how absurd your post is.

Tamir Rice: police release video of 12-year-old's fatal shooting
This is the case that should be getting the most attention.

Yes, I understand the FACT that the kid was carrying an air pistol that looked just like a real gun, but I still question what happened.

From my understanding, the cops were called to respond to a kid with a gun.

Why did the car pull up right next to the kid? Doesn't that create an immediate and potentially deadly situation?

Why didn't the cops wait further back for backup and while telling the kid over the PA to lay down on the ground?

I find the FACT that the cops, who were responding to a kid with a gun call, roared right up next to the kid.

IMHO, there needs to be a charge such as manslaughter involved with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post

Enjoy!
Word.

Old 12-03-2014, 04:01 PM

34,301 posts, read 15,570,005 times
It's hard not to see a double standard in how the law is applied when no degree of fault is given to an illegal or against policy chokehold.

If someone commits a felony and during the commission of the crime a person is shot by someone else, and that person dies, even though the the person committing the felony didn't pull the trigger, he is held responsible for the death.

It's kind of like saying : Well, we hung a guy, but it wasn't the rope we put around his neck that killed him. It was all that body weight he had below the neck that caused him to choke to death.

Old 12-03-2014, 04:06 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,514,994 times
This was a tax crime prosecuted on the street by those supported by taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies