Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2014, 06:45 AM

6,898 posts, read 4,739,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/19/ny...rest.html?_r=0

"Mr. Garner, who was at least 6 feet 3 inches tall and who, friends said, had several health issues: diabetes, sleep apnea, and asthma so severe that he had to quit his job as a horticulturist for the city’s parks department. He wheezed when he talked and could not walk a block without resting, they said.
It would not have hurt for him to loose 150 lbs. Being morbidly obese is known to cause/aggravate asthma and can be a major cause of sleep apnea, but instead of taking care of his health, he decided to become dependent on the gubberment and supplement his income with illegal activities. Whether the police were right or wrong, I have a hard time feeling any sympathy for him or his family.

Old 12-05-2014, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They can ask him anything they want. He doesn't have to answer and they can't arrest him for that.

If you don't want people to question your motives it's probably wise to not worry about irrelevant questions.
Why is the question irrelevant?

Old 12-05-2014, 06:48 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,021,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
a crime is a crime, period!!~!!! and when you people realize that, life for you all will be a whole lot easier....
You don't see upstanding citizens getting in trouble with the law....this guy was arrested 30 other times....
If I were arrested even once, I'd loose my job....loose respect from so many people....doesn't matter what the crime would be, I'd then be a criminal, and so it should be....

making excuses....how bout all the cops that have been killed by blacks...? Huh? What about that?

This is pathetic, that you and others think it's A-ok to commit a crime and get away with it....Eric was a criminal....he wouldn't allow the police to arrest him, doesn't matter why they were arresting him, he was BREAKING A LAW! PERIOD. Eric bought this on himself.....
The officer was not allowed to use the manners he did to arrest him. Get yourself a mirror.

Old 12-05-2014, 06:50 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,021,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Why is the question irrelevant?
It doesn't matter what jobs he has or haven't held in the past.

Old 12-05-2014, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
"Am I free to leave"?
You are free to leave after the questioning, but if you are a suspect you can be detained for 48 hours, and by he way, don't leave town!

Old 12-05-2014, 06:56 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,843,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
It would not have hurt for him to loose 150 lbs. Being morbidly obese is known to cause/aggravate asthma and can be a major cause of sleep apnea, but instead of taking care of his health, he decided to become dependent on the gubberment and supplement his income with illegal activities. Whether the police were right or wrong, I have a hard time feeling any sympathy for him or his family.
More than a third of Americans are obese. You are condoning unjust treatment of a huge swath of Americans at the hands of law enforcement because of their weight. Nice.

Old 12-05-2014, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I think excessive force was used although it probably wasn't the cause of Eric Gardner's death. Certainly he was just as responsible for his own death the way he behaved and with his physical condition. The fat idiot should have just manned up and let them take him into custody and be charged with the misdemeanor. Instead he got into a wrestling match which resulted in him being over exerted and having his own weight asphyxiate him. But the choke hold, while not the cause of his death, should not have been used. Had he been 80 years old and been 95 pounds the cops also should not have wrestled him like that. You mace him in the eyes, taser him( although that might still have put him in danger with his medical conditions) or if it comes to it, use a baton to hit him in the legs or on the arms.
The haters will ruin the case by trying to make it into a black/white issue and not a police state one.
Its in NYC so they'll keep it under control, both sides. Anyplace else, and it probably would be more trouble.
Eric was his own worst enemy.

Old 12-05-2014, 06:58 AM

28,883 posts, read 30,164,419 times
OK, where is the justice here, where is the media here, where are the protests....

this is insane.....

Media refuses to report on white cop that was kidnapped/murdered by blacks

why is no one protesting about this?

Old 12-05-2014, 07:00 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,843,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
OK, where is the justice here, where is the media here, where are the protests....

this is insane.....

Media refuses to report on white cop that was kidnapped/murdered by blacks

why is no one protesting about this?
Try to learn the difference between a systemic problem and a one-off incident. Without understanding that there's no point in even entering into a discussion with you.

Old 12-05-2014, 07:04 AM

28,883 posts, read 30,164,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Try to learn the difference between a systemic problem and a one-off incident. Without understanding that there's no point in even entering into a discussion with you.
My son is a cop, this problem is indeed sytemic....and one off incident? Are you kidding?
do you know or have any idea how many cops are killed by black men?

Enough is enough, it's ok to break the law, but if a white cop tries to enforce that law over a black man, then that is wrong, and it's ok to insight riots that destroy not only peoples businesses but lives...that's ok though? That's different I suppose, talk about no point discussing anything with you?

Where is the justice?

You look for excuses to riot, to rip people's businesses apart....to rob them, of their life's savings, and that's ok....just b/c a criminal was killed...by a white cop. If the guy had been killed by a black cop you wouldn't hear anything about it. And I blame the media for as much as the criminal blacks.....

A law is a law, and when you break the law, there are consequences, but it's ok to kidnap a cop and kill him, right, and you don't want to discuss it.....figures.

do you have any idea, of how much large cities like Philly and New York are over run with black criminals? Atlanta, Chicago, and what police have to put up with, why not spend a night in Camden, NJ? It is all black projects....

Get your nose outa your butts and obey the laws, no matter how minor, rules and laws are there for a reason.....period!

Last edited by cremebrulee; 12-05-2014 at 07:13 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies