Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2014, 03:06 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,544,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Cliven Bundy and his supporters didn't get that memo.
Your point?

Old 12-06-2014, 03:31 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Meh, the Grand Jury disagreed with you.
You don't know that at all. From what I've read so far that is a statement you can not factually make. Seems like the only charges presented to the jury was whether or not the cop meant to kill him. Of course he didn't which is why you offer other alternatives.

Old 12-06-2014, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
It was excessive force By the officers. However according to Prominent medical examiners that interpreted the ME report on CNN, there was no damage to the larynx so he was not choked to death. Evidence showed the pressure was put on the corroded and jugular arteries. His breathing was not obstructed from the choke. However once on the ground his lungs were compressed by the multiple officers putting their weight on him. Combined with his bmi, this is what killed him. These examiners suggest that the wrong officer was investigated, or at least the other officers should have been investigated as well. The other officers were given immunity for their grand jury testimony. Had the other officers been investigated, there may have been an indictment.
I agree that the other officers should have been investigated also but they were all gave immunity right up front. Once again, protecting their own rather than getting to the truth.

The medical examiner said he died from a compression of the neck. A chokehold.

Old 12-06-2014, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestgump99 View Post
If I make a citizen's arrest and the person resists and I do a chokehold on a guy till he dies, then its okay because he would be resisting arrest..?

Sounds like Zimmerman.
No....a better example would be......

I'm late for work. There is a wreck and traffic is stopped bit I have to get to work. I see that if I cut the sidewalk across the corner the side street is clear so that is what I do.

In the process someone walks out a door and I hit and kill them. I didn't intend to but my actions still caused their death. I am going to be charged. If I was doing what is permitted, driving on the street and they run out in front of me that is their fault. Doing something o am not permitted to do makes it my fault.

Old 12-06-2014, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Not a moot point. If the gentleman would have put his hands behind his back he'd be alive right now (unless his poor health would have done him in anyway).

Then he could have gone to court with his legal representative and laid out his case. If he was innocent then he would have walked out of court a free man and perhaps with a strong legal case against the city. He could have gotten paid but, no, instead he resisted and now he is dead.
Nobody should ever be arrested for selling loose cigarettes on a street corner. Its amazing to me that people will justify that still.

Its why our courts are so clogged and expensive.

Old 12-06-2014, 04:46 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,832,165 times
Was it ever explained why after being cuffed and the EMTs present that it appears on one segment of the video that minimal aid was rendered?

Old 12-06-2014, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Was it ever explained why after being cuffed and the EMTs present that it appears on one segment of the video that minimal aid was rendered?
I've seen no explanation. Is this how it works in NYC?

Old 12-06-2014, 05:20 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,832,165 times
Let me correct my post. I meant to write "No aid" was rendered..

Old 12-06-2014, 05:51 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,844,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Watching a video on the Internet and standing five feet away from a situation in real life aren't the same thing.
At the very least, the brutality of this crime by some of the officers can be seen. One thing I noticed was Mr. Garner reaching a hand out, with those officers on top of him, & around his neck, seems like he was reaching out for someone to help him.

Wonder why there is no evidence of cell phone photo or ANYTHING in the case of Michael Brown.

Technology helps. Police that become thugs may no longer hide behind the old atta boy network.

Still, kudos to all the Police, Firemen, EMTS, dispatchers, etc., that do such a great job!!!!!!!

Old 12-06-2014, 05:58 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,544,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Nobody should ever be arrested for selling loose cigarettes on a street corner. Its amazing to me that people will justify that still.

Its why our courts are so clogged and expensive.
Sounds like a good issue to take up with the New York State legislature in Albany.

Now what does this have to do with a guy resisting arrest?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies