Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 02:04 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Here you go.

//www.city-data.com/forum/37507869-post15.html

You are whining all over that thread like a real victim because you feel a Conservative isn't getting enough love. And I must say, it truly is pitiful.
I'm not whining at all. What are you talking about? Point out where I said conservatives can't succeed because The Man™ is keeping them down. Conservatives talk about empowerment and success not an inability to succeed because "The powers that be" have a historical record of abuse.

That is the mantra of the left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2014, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Thanks, Frank. You saved me the trouble. Now let's all hold hands and pity the poor OP for all of these horrible injustices that are thrust upon him/her by those big, bad libruls....
Again, what "injustices"? Conservatives don't feel sorry for themselves...that is the domain of the Balkanized, social left. Conservatism is about self-improvement and self-empowerment.

Old 12-04-2014, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
Even after a string of national media stories about unarmed black kids getting murdered by cops, the self-pity of the black community pales in comparison to the post-2008 Wall Street Journal op-eds. Boo-hoo, Obama is so mean to all us wealthy bank CEOs. Talk about a whiny demographic.

Edit: Too be fair, maybe the black community would whine just as much, if they weren't too busy working for a living.
Oh, you mean those Wall Street fat cats who donate just as much to the Democrat Party...those hardcore conservatives?

Old 12-04-2014, 02:26 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Say what you will about American Conservatives but they always focus on inspiring confidence in Americans rather than self-pity:
Elizabeth Lauten lost her job for saying mean things about President Obama’s children.

There's a Conservative saying what a Conservative was thinking and what happened?
CONFIDENCE WAS INSPIRED... that she would lose her job. Whaddya know.

There's an idea going around that people were too harsh on that woman for saying what she said.
I think they were harsh on her because she believed what she said. She didn't just make something up, that came from the heart.

That White guy that shouted "YOU LIE!!" to Obama? Yeah, I'm sure he would've done the same thing to Reagan. Or Bush. Nope. Obama's Black. Does that make it OK? Nope. Does that make it easier?
I think so. He didn't pity the President. He just didn't show him any respect. Just like that lady with the big mouth did.

It goes both ways and both parties do it.
Neither side are saints. This thread paints one side as a saint, and one as a sinner. Let he without sin cast the first stone. Let she who remarks on dress length get ready for stones to fly at her glass house. And by God, did they fly. She resigned, so she won't get any unemployment, either. Bummer.

Old 12-04-2014, 02:35 AM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
If you can find evidence of notable conservatives preaching the gospel of self-pity I will change the thread title.

Fun may be poked at it but this very history is there and undeniable.

They do it for manipulating a base.

Old 12-04-2014, 02:39 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,323,083 times
Because Republicans are like to deny that their are victims...

It looks really bad when the arrest rate in Los Angeles drops 60% after the officers are issued body cameras, citizen complaints about police dropped 88%, and officer “use of force” incidents dropped by 59%.

So, stick that in your juice box and suck it!

Source

Old 12-04-2014, 06:31 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Say what you will about American Conservatives but they always focus on inspiring confidence in Americans rather than self-pity
Not sure about conservatives, because there aren't many around, but the mainstream republicans can't stop crying about being victims of evil taxes, and about being victims of others who 'destroyed' US, being victims of evil government who makes them pay for health insurance etc. Basically all you'll ever hear from them is complaints and negativity. Even your own OP is a complaint. How is it supposed to inspire anyone?

Old 12-04-2014, 06:52 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,602,240 times
Quote:
"boo-hoo"? What the heck are you talking about? This is a hardcore strawman you've built here.
No, a "straw man" is when you build a fake opponent to attack. I'm just describing actual conservatives, i.e. the whiniest people on the planet. But please whine more about how you're being characterized as a whiner.

Old 12-04-2014, 07:05 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,549,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You folks have a really twisted idea of what "its about" with liberals.
Any thread that begins with, 'Why do [blank]' is not worth the effort of intelligent discussion. Heck, it isn't a fun read. Instead, it is saddening.

Old 12-04-2014, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Not sure about conservatives, because there aren't many around, but the mainstream republicans can't stop crying about being victims of evil taxes, and about being victims of others who 'destroyed' US, being victims of evil government who makes them pay for health insurance etc. Basically all you'll ever hear from them is complaints and negativity. Even your own OP is a complaint. How is it supposed to inspire anyone?
A) Republican ≠ Conservative

B) I didn't say that you can't be a conservative and also can't complain. Every political group complains. Its just that only one advocates the impossibility of advancement because of the "system" and "history".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies