Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 08:02 AM

10,232 posts, read 6,319,495 times

Advertisements

CDC Warning: Flu Viruses Mutate and Evade Current Vaccine - NBC News.com

Oh, but get it anyway because it "might" also be effective? Yeah, the big Pharms need to make their Big $$$$$$. Americans are not just a herd, but guinea pigs also.

My husband got his yearly flu shot weeks ago. Last night he came down with a "cold" (his words), NOT the flu. He was up all night sneezing, coughing, fever, aches and chills, etc. This has happened for the past 4 years a few weeks after he gets his flu shot. I have never gotten a flu shot and do not catch the flu from HIM (every year), nor anyone else. This year I am keeping my comments to him to myself. Waste of breath on my part to say anything. I will just ignore his dirty looks and comments, "How come YOU don't get sick?"

"Do you have any Nyquill or Dayquil?" Um, no, why would I have THAT?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2014, 08:03 AM

1,989 posts, read 2,535,936 times
B E! S C A R E D!...your media overlords demand it!

Old 12-04-2014, 08:27 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post

Oh, but get it anyway because it "might" also be effective? Yeah, the big Pharms need to make their Big $$$$$$. Americans are not just a herd, but guinea pigs also.
The flu shot is always going to be a gamble, they have to decide ahead of time what strains to target and if they pick wrong it won't be as effective.

Old 12-04-2014, 08:29 AM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
The flu shot is always going to be a gamble, they have to decide ahead of time what strains to target and if they pick wrong it won't be as effective.

True indeed. Indeed, over the years the CDC has been right more times than wrong. It happens. Keep your Purell close by.

Old 12-04-2014, 08:32 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
We all know that corporates run and influence the government.
And yet people swear by what the "government" tells them to do.

It's always "follow the money" folks.

I guess the CDC is making this announcement because this year's shot is worthless against the current flu virus and the numbers will be high. BUT..get that shot anyway. LOL

Old 12-04-2014, 08:49 AM

3,406 posts, read 3,450,301 times
I am waiting for the flu shot series.. It will be 50 shots over 50 days each with a different strand. They will get that darn bug one way or the other! They got to guess right sooner or later. Too bad for them we the people are not that stupid... Yet!

Old 12-04-2014, 08:53 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,578,205 times
We're all just guinea pigs. When are people going to realize this?

I haven't been to the doctor in over 15yrs. I treat myself with natural remedies when I am sick.

Old 12-04-2014, 09:35 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,434,679 times
God so stupid on so many levels. So wrong

1 - flu shots are a mixture of viruses likely to become infectious. No flu shot is 100% as you can never know what flu may do what during a flu season. Yet every flu shot (even this one which may not be as effective as last year) do help.

2 - Flu shots do not equal "big profits". Another myth by people who make assumptions, and do not care to research further. Flu Vaciniations are .3% of Big Pharma. Certainly not some big payday that big pharma would risk a conspiracy over (Another flu vaccine myth). WITH NO Large Pharma company making more than 3% of their total annual sales in flu shots.

3 - you didn't get the flu, your husband did. WTF cares? On average across all flu shots you are 60% less likely to get the flu if you get a flu shot. 60% in the scheme of millions of people is a huge savings. When it comes to you and your husband its barley a flip of the dice.

So - lets make this clear - CDC is just reporting the news.. . .its not some conspiracy. This year might be 50% less flu versus the average 60%. Better than nothing, i'm sure.

Quote:

My husband got his yearly flu shot weeks ago. Last night he came down with a "cold" (his words), NOT the flu. He was up all night sneezing, coughing, fever, aches and chills, etc. This has happened for the past 4 years a few weeks after he gets his flu shot. I have never gotten a flu shot and do not catch the flu from HIM (every year), nor anyone else. This year I am keeping my comments to him to myself. Waste of breath on my part to say anything. I will just ignore his dirty looks and comments, "How come YOU don't get sick?"

Old 12-04-2014, 09:49 AM

779 posts, read 632,548 times
Quote:

This isn't new knews. It's just like the HPV vaccine prevents the most commonly contracted forms of the virus. It's playing the odds and trying to increase your immunity when exposed to the most common forms. As they isolate new forms and they start to become more common they will probably modify the vaccine.

Old 12-04-2014, 09:54 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
The flu virus has mutated because that is what virus's do. They drift and they mutate. The vaccine cannot protect people from the mutated virus. Better luck next year.

I'll stick to hand washing, Vitamin D, vitamin C, probiotics, Elderberry syrup and plenty of sleep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies