Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 09:34 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,384,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaMia411 View Post
Why would i dial 911 ? That is the dumbest thing to do. By the way someone did break into our home , took the cops FOREVER to get there, never found the perps. So what was your point ?

Car gets stolen? Big deal , i have insurance and full coverage.

Snatch my wallet? Again big deal, i dont carry cash on me and i can easily call in my cards to be cancelled.

What in the world would a cop do for me if i got pounded in the head? Nothing.
You will need a police report for your insurance.

We do not have cops in our township........so we go to the county for police report to file our insurance claims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2014, 09:35 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,384,529 times
Quote:
Agreed, but what if you cant make it to court due to police brutality ? Death doesnt give you that chance.
That is the point of the class......do not die.

Do not fight with the police.

Old 12-04-2014, 09:36 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,236,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
In other words, yes, you were asleep.
No each case the person shot was not picked randomly . Levar jones was the worse one if if I recall the policeman was charged .
These cases are few and far between and to make it seem cops are randomly killing people as a routine is wrong.

Old 12-04-2014, 09:43 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,440,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I think a class in being arrested should be taught.

As I read this forum........it looks like anyone could be arrested at anytime.

Why die from the arrest??

Go to court and make your case.

how about stop blaming the victims for once? Class to "be arrested" bullcrap, implying it was Garner fault he was choked to death by a cop using a illegal choke-hold?

The issue is the over use of force, and the lack of accountability.

Not people who don't "know" how to be arrested. It is the police officer job to conduct an arrest in safe manner.

What would be the first step of "how to be arrested"? Lesson 1 - be white. Lesson 2 - if black, your f'd might as well start praying.

Old 12-04-2014, 09:45 AM

684 posts, read 813,878 times
Quote:
You will need a police report for your insurance.

We do not have cops in our township........so we go to the county for police report to file our insurance claims.
So i will get a police report on it on my own time, i wouldnt panic. Thats my point

Quote:

You must be very delusional if you think people always fight with cops and then the cop reacts lol . Im not saying cops are always bad but a lot of over reach and abuse has been going on.

Old 12-04-2014, 09:48 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,236,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
how about stop blaming the victims for once? Class to "be arrested" bullcrap, implying it was Garner fault he was choked to death by a cop using a illegal choke-hold?

The issue is the over use of force, and the lack of accountability.

Not people who don't "know" how to be arrested. It is the police officer job to conduct an arrest in safe manner.

What would be the first step of "how to be arrested"? Lesson 1 - be white. Lesson 2 - if black, your f'd might as well start praying.
The choke hold is Not illegal, it breaks no laws .

Old 12-04-2014, 09:49 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,440,408 times
Quote:

The officer got his gun caught on a mirror, thought the kid grabbed it, and then shot him point blank in the head. Then the police cleared themselves of fault in 48hrs. Yeah there is no problem - no problem at all

Wisconsin learned from this episode, why cant we?

". I learned that an officer had put his gun up directly to Michael’s right temple and misfired, then did it again, and shot him."

What I Did After Police Killed My Son - Michael Bell - POLITICO Magazine

After police in Kenosha, Wis., shot my 21-year-old son to death outside his house ten years ago — and then immediately cleared themselves of all wrongdoing — an African-American man approached me and said: “If they can shoot a white boy like a dog, imagine what we’ve been going through.

Read more: What I Did After Police Killed My Son - Michael Bell - POLITICO Magazine

Old 12-04-2014, 09:53 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,260,832 times
really?
how about stop giving the police a reason to suspect you are doing something wrong?

Maybe the black community should take a lesson in civility and stop making people think
you are a bunch of thugs.

how about doing away with your "no snitch" rule?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
What, have you been asleep? Haven't seen Eric Garner get strangled, John Crawford, Levar Jones, Tamir Rice get shot up, the folks in Ferguson treated like terrorists when they were mourning?

Too many police are out of control.

Old 12-04-2014, 09:56 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,889,605 times
Quote:
Agreed, but what if you cant make it to court due to police brutality ? Death doesnt give you that chance.
The OP will tell you that if you end up dead, then you probably deserved it. Case closed. See how easy that was?

Old 12-04-2014, 09:56 AM

779 posts, read 633,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
The choke hold is Not illegal, it breaks no laws .
You're right. It's not illegal. It is against policy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies