Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What would you do in this situation
I'm pro cannabis and wouldn't tell the authorities and child services. 32 45.71%
I'm pro cannabis but would tell the authorities and child services 4 5.71%
I'm anti cannabis and would tell the authorities and child services 17 24.29%
I'm anti cannabis but I wouldn't tell the authorities and child services 7 10.00%
other 10 14.29%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 01:09 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times

Advertisements

I certainly wouldn't leave my children there first priority even because of second hand smoke much less it stoned care. Then I take it as lesson on judgment and know that police get thousands of such reports daily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2014, 01:16 PM

15,637 posts, read 10,393,078 times
I'd be furious if my young child was being watched by high caretakers/supervising adults, just as I would be furious if the caretakers/supervising adults were drunk while my child was in their care. Doubt I would report it to authorities, but wouldn't put my young child in that potentially dangerous situation again.

Old 12-05-2014, 06:46 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
I fully support legalization and would not call the authorities (based on the known information). Unless there's reason (like real reason, not biased reason) to suspect that there's negligence or abuse of some kind happening towards the kids, I wouldn't see it as a problem. Similar to alcohol, if a parent had drank a glass or two of wine, I wouldn't be too upset, but if they were hammered at like 10 AM, I'd see that as a bit of an issue.

So really, it depends. Assuming it was just normal recreational use and nothing to problematic, I'd definitely just mind my own business.

well hun, I hate to tell you, but you get hammered on pot, or high....and there is no way anyone would be watching my kid if they were high and yes, it is against the law, so I'd probably report it, if my child were in that environment. The same with parents driving kids around and talking or texting on their phones, that would be the last time my kid would be allowed in that car. Period.

why? Because it's against the law, that's why and being a good parent, means, throwing away your toys and setting a real good example for your kids, regardless of what you want...they come first, not you nor anyone else.

This concept of well, it's ok....in American is sick....no one seems to respect the laws, anymore, everyone thinks they are entitled....and this is exactly what happens to society when laws are no longer important, it declines, along with common sense and intelligence.

Old 12-05-2014, 07:00 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
I would have to have a little talk with them about going out into the garage, so my child doesn't get second hand smoke, just like cigarettes. Then I would ask them to think about it. Are they making good choices for my child while I'm gone?

Old 12-05-2014, 07:19 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I would have to have a little talk with them about going out into the garage, so my child doesn't get second hand smoke, just like cigarettes. Then I would ask them to think about it. Are they making good choices for my child while I'm gone?
How can they be making good choices for your child if they are high? Same as being drunk?

Old 12-05-2014, 07:28 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
well hun, I hate to tell you, but you get hammered on pot, or high....and there is no way anyone would be watching my kid if they were high and yes, it is against the law, so I'd probably report it, if my child were in that environment. The same with parents driving kids around and talking or texting on their phones, that would be the last time my kid would be allowed in that car. Period.

why? Because it's against the law, that's why and being a good parent, means, throwing away your toys and setting a real good example for your kids, regardless of what you want...they come first, not you nor anyone else.

This concept of well, it's ok....in American is sick....no one seems to respect the laws, anymore, everyone thinks they are entitled....and this is exactly what happens to society when laws are no longer important, it declines, along with common sense and intelligence.

On one hand I get what your saying. On the other, we've become a nanny state with too many bad laws (many of them draconian in nature) and laws implemented against us from the government thinking that they know what is best of us. Secondly, one doesn't always get hammered from smoking a little weed. Can you get completely baked? Sure, but 1 or 2 hits isn't going to get the average weed smoker obliterated. If you want my opinion, people texting and driving worries me a lot more than someone toking up, or drinking a couple of glasses of wine in the privacy of their own home. I take driving very seriously, as a car can be a deadly weapon, and tend to be a very defensive driver. There are a lot of idiots on the road!

Again, if it were me I'd have a talk with the parents about not doing it around my kid, and being a bit more discreet about it. Like Bent Bow said.... go in the garage, or something. Personally, if one of my son's friends was under my supervision I would abstain from it, but that's just me. Time and place.

Old 12-05-2014, 08:01 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,878,251 times
At this point, pot is still illegal.

I'd go pick my child up--and leave them to their own devices. My child wouldn't go back. They had no business getting stoned with minors in the house.

Old 12-05-2014, 08:11 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
How can they be making good choices for your child if they are high? Same as being drunk?

Being high, is no where the same as being drunk.

Old 12-05-2014, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Being high, is no where the same as being drunk.

This is true. There are very distinct differences in regards to the effects.

Old 12-05-2014, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
At this point, pot is still illegal.

I'd go pick my child up--and leave them to their own devices. My child wouldn't go back. They had no business getting stoned with minors in the house.

Yes and that is my biggest issue... the illegality of it. In which I would address that with the parents. However; they really do need to end prohibition, which as history has shown is nothing but an absolute failure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies