Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 02:31 PM

17,400 posts, read 14,637,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post

The youth is not divided by race. Many of us are united and working to solve problems.

The youth, for the most part, are woefully uninformed.

They actually believe the false narratives of - MB had his hands up, MB never robbed the store, MB was shot while running away, etc. And they also believe in the Garner case that the choke hold was illegal and since "homicide" was on the death certificate that it automatically means a murder was committed.

Those idealistic little buggers are cute.

Old 12-04-2014, 02:35 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Some of them might be getting away with it because they are white, but I suspect its far more about money. If you can actually afford a decent attorney, its takes a higher level of proof then for others.

Old 12-04-2014, 02:38 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post

They actually believe the false narratives of - MB had his hands up, MB never robbed the store, MB was shot while running away, etc. And they also believe in the Garner case that the choke hold was illegal and since "homicide" was on the death certificate that it automatically means a murder was committed.

The witnesses to the grand jury said his hands were up, there is no evidence to contradict their claim.

MB did rob the store, i have seen no one deny that.

Cant remember if there is any evidence contradicting the claim that he was shot at while running away. You could be right there, but you could also be wrong.

as for Gardner, People believe its homicide because there is a video.

Old 12-04-2014, 02:39 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,993,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
It looks like white people are going on twitter and posting 'crime they got away with'
The beauty of Twitter is that people can claim whatever they want, pretend to be whoever they want, and the media will never ask them to prove any of it.

Old 12-04-2014, 02:52 PM

27,137 posts, read 15,313,785 times
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yep, no kidding about that one.

Old 12-04-2014, 02:55 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
Besides 2 traffic stops, I've had 2 interactions with the cops - both when I was a teenager. The first time a buddy and I were in his truck at a park smoking a joint. The cop ended up dumped our bag of weed out on the ground and told us to go home.

The second time, I was leaving a party freshman year of college to go back to campus. My friend was getting a ride from some friend of hers I didn't really know and offered me a ride too. We got pulled over (I don't remember what for) about a half-mile from campus. Everyone was drunk - including the driver - and unknown to me at the time, 2 of the 5 people in the car had cocaine on them. Also, the car was borrowed and the driver didn't have a driver's license. The cop asked where we going - we said back to campus - and the driver handed the cop his student ID. 10 seconds later the cop told us to be safe, and we were on our way.

Thinking back, I do wonder if we hadn't been white would the cops have handled the situations the same.

Old 12-04-2014, 03:02 PM

17,400 posts, read 14,637,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The witnesses to the grand jury said his hands were up, there is no evidence to contradict their claim.

MB did rob the store, i have seen no one deny that.

Cant remember if there is any evidence contradicting the claim that he was shot at while running away. You could be right there, but you could also be wrong.

as for Gardner, People believe its homicide because there is a video.

Just spend some time reading the youth of today's social media commentary - they also believe that the police set the fires in Ferguson.

Old 12-04-2014, 03:44 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
The beauty of Twitter is that people can claim whatever they want, pretend to be whoever they want, and the media will never ask them to prove any of it.
True, and it's amazing how it now normal and second nature for MAJOR news outlets like CNN ,etc to grab things off social media like Twitter and use that as their content.

Just a few years ago this would probably be unheard of , as Twitter was around but it wasn't as used in the same way.

I noticed now that a lot of the headlines are cases about cops being bad in various states.

Meanwhile I just read Egypt is mass executing hundreds of people believed to be Muslim Brotherhood and hardly any of them had due process or the right to legal representation!

I'm sure people will try to say the situaiton is the same in the U.S which is ridiculous.

Old 12-04-2014, 03:59 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,434,173 times
a quick search of the hastag shows its being used not to promote "get away of" but more often people who have better outcomes. . .

i.e. one popular one was a white older teen who SHOT AT cops with a BB gun (not just holding it in a store) and survived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
There is a new social media trend using the hashtag #CrimingWhileWhite

#CrimingWhileWhite points out racial double standard - CNN.com

Cnn did an article about this and included some of the twitter posts.

It looks like white people are going on twitter and posting 'crime they got away with'

Most of these are kind of petty thing it looks like and a lot of them were underrage too.

Anybody think this is dangerous and the kind of thing that is going to create more race issues or hate crimes?

Old 12-04-2014, 04:01 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,126,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post

Call us what you want. But you and I both know both parties will be clamoring over our vote.

Hopefully neither party gets it.

All but 2 witnesses said Brown's hands were up (whether partially or fully) and the Garner case... really?

Keep distancing yourself from us. PLEASE. Please do. As far away as you can get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies