Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 03:59 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,750,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post
I do not have a problem with that, most of the time I carry concealed, but the very rare times that I am open carrying, it is in its holster, and it stays there.
Now a day's, I carry concealed, open carry could cause to many problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2014, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I have done a small amount of research into the "Right To Bear Arms" provisions of various State Constitutions. While many state that those who have the right to bear arms also have the obligation to come to the aid of The State when legally called upon, NOT ONE that I have read has any mention of "the Militia".
In fact, many of them are very similar to Section 12 of the Montana State Constitution:
"Section 12. RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS. The right of any person to keep or bear arms
in defense of his own home, person, and property, or in aid of the civil power when thereto legally
summoned, shall not be called in question, but nothing herein contained shall be held to permit the
carrying of concealed weapons."
Or the Washington State Constitution, Article I, Section 24:
"SECTION 24 RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS. The right
of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or
the state, shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section
shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations
to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men."
the Militia of Washington State is covered in Article X, Section 1:
"SECTION 1 WHO LIABLE TO MILITARY DUTY. All able-bodied male citizens of this state between the ages of eighteen (18) and forty-five (45) years except such as are exempt by laws of the United States or by the laws of this state, shall be liable to military duty."
From the Pa constitution....
Right to Bear Arms
Section 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned

Old 12-05-2014, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
What part of "Shall Not Be Infringed" do you not understand? Unless I pull the trigger, and can bear my arms any damn way I want and the government can't enforce a law that infringes on that.
I don't think it is a good idea and might get you killed if you carry in your hand, too much leeway for someone to regard this as intent to shoot, keep it holstered.

Old 12-05-2014, 04:20 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,602,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
http://new4.fjcdn.com/gifs/Scary+bla...40_5376712.gif

How did they even know that wasn't a toy? The security guard should've politely asked him to leave. And that other citizen just put himself in harms way, if, in fact, that was a real gun.

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

That dude infringed his right to bear arms with extreme prejudice. ROFL

Open carrying a sidearm, does not mean carrying it in your hand.
A rifle or shotgun without a sling, would be the only hand carry firearm allowed.
It would be up to the bar keep whether you stay or go.

Old 12-05-2014, 04:21 PM

406 posts, read 283,210 times
These clowns would have a real ***t-fit of what goes on around here. The small mom and pop diner down the road from my shop is full of hunters, fisherman, gun and knife guys EVERY single morning. We go down there for breakfast coffee and to take our -30 minute break when in the area. Just today......here's what I was looking at at our table right out in plain sight. The owner was the one showing it to me. He knew I would be interested.

http://paulsdeals.com/Sporting-Goods...arl-dagger.jpg

No one said **** to either of us.

Old 12-05-2014, 04:27 PM

Is that what you do in the city?

Um...prowly NOT though. LOL

Old 12-05-2014, 04:28 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,602,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I have done a small amount of research into the "Right To Bear Arms" provisions of various State Constitutions. While many state that those who have the right to bear arms also have the obligation to come to the aid of The State when legally called upon, NOT ONE that I have read has any mention of "the Militia".
In fact, many of them are very similar to Section 12 of the Montana State Constitution:
"Section 12. RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS. The right of any person to keep or bear arms
in defense of his own home, person, and property, or in aid of the civil power when thereto legally
summoned, shall not be called in question, but nothing herein contained shall be held to permit the
carrying of concealed weapons.
"
Or the Washington State Constitution, Article I, Section 24:
"SECTION 24 RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS. The right
of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or
the state, shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section
shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations
to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men.
"
the Militia of Washington State is covered in Article X, Section 1:
"SECTION 1 WHO LIABLE TO MILITARY DUTY. All able-bodied male citizens of this state between the ages of eighteen (18) and forty-five (45) years except such as are exempt by laws of the United States or by the laws of this state, shall be liable to military duty."

According to the Montana Constitution, open carry is a right and conceal carry is illegal, even with a permit(you cannot pick and chose the winners and the losers, by making it a privilege. Can't by-pass the constitution with a privilege)

In Washington, incorporated cities cannot have a standing armed police force.

Old 12-05-2014, 04:36 PM

6,848 posts, read 7,988,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
What part of "Shall Not Be Infringed" do you not understand? Unless I pull the trigger, and can bear my arms any damn way I want and the government can't enforce a law that infringes on that.
If you walk into that bar you can bear your gun shoved about 3 feet up your @ss.

Old 12-05-2014, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
According to the Montana Constitution, open carry is a right and conceal carry is illegal, even with a permit(you cannot pick and chose the winners and the losers, by making it a privilege. Can't by-pass the constitution with a privilege)

In Washington, incorporated cities cannot have a standing armed police force.
We have the choice to do it either way. I personally carry fully concealed myself......The guy next to me might be open carrying. In most places you sort of keep that stuff to yourself. For the good old boy hangouts....guys even double back with their boat to show what they caught that morning and what is in the livewell. It's a totally different crowd there. Nobody freaks because everybody does it or is at least interested. We've had women hear about us before and come in to ask questions on what type of gun they should get because they trust our advice more than high pressure gun shop salesman.

That kind of life is a major reason why I love it around here so much.

Old 12-05-2014, 04:38 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,289,597 times
Scary black man

I chuckled at the weblink headline.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies