Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 02:24 PM

18,455 posts, read 7,087,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
So every time a news outlet reports an alleged crime that turns out not to have occurred, the news outlet is liable for defamation if it didn't get the accused's side of the story?
If they do so repeatedly and with negligence due to blind devotion to an agenda?

Yes.....or at least they should be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2014, 02:30 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
If they do so repeatedly and with negligence due to blind devotion to an agenda?

Yes.....or at least they should be.
If that were the standard, it would run most of the conservative media right off the internet.

The fact is, establishing defamation is a very hard burden. It's reserved almost exclusively for malicious and purposeful lies.

Old 12-05-2014, 02:36 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
The first and only question I have is this: "Who amongst you is naive enough to believe that there aren't thousands of female college students who actually want, seek, enjoy a threesome or moresome with multiple men?"

If you missed out on that in college, I'm sorry for your luck. It's not always rape. That's a fact.

Old 12-05-2014, 02:50 PM

15,860 posts, read 21,438,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The first and only question I have is this: "Who amongst you is naive enough to believe that there aren't thousands of female college students who actually want, seek, enjoy a threesome or moresome with multiple men?"

If you missed out on that in college, I'm sorry for your luck. It's not always rape. That's a fact.
You are a horrible human being if you equate a gang rape with consensual group sex. That's a fact.

One can quite enjoy consensual group sex AND STILL BE GANG RAPED.

Old 12-05-2014, 02:52 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
You are a horrible human being if you equate a gang rape with consensual group sex. That's a fact.

One can quite enjoy consensual group sex AND STILL BE GANG RAPED.
And one can cry rape after feeling guilty about the night before too. He said, she said used to "her" benefit. That's a fact.

Old 12-05-2014, 02:54 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Rolling Stone "backs off story" because they got caught. How often do they do these unsubstantiated "stories"? Who bothers to check? I guess it's a new Fad, the "trendy thing to do" now to write these stories about Rape - the "rape" that never happened. Maybe it's part of that "War on Women" stuff that some of these Nutters are so invested in.

The Rolling Stone article is not the only questionable 'rape' story that has recently been published - there is also the "rape" chapters in Lena Dunham's Memoir.

Could ‘Barry’ sue Lena Dunham over her memoirs? |Washington Post 11/4/14

New Yorker carries some articles written by Lena Dunham about Lena Dunham (I suspect "she" is her favorite subject) - she has been in Therapy since she was 8 .... it appears that none of it worked. Very strange women that make up this sort of thing that not only damages a University, a Fraternity, Men, their families and probably their careers ... I guess it never occurs to these women that they damage other women with their "stories". Rape is a horrible crime and violation - fake 'stories' about Rape are just as bad a violation.

Difficult Girl
Growing up, with help |New Yorker - September 2014

Old 12-05-2014, 03:31 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,535,640 times
I liked this story better when it had lacrosse players and a stripper.

Old 12-05-2014, 03:48 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
I will give credit to R.S. for at least accepting blame and saying they were sorry they erred as opposed to blaming it all on someone else.

Old 12-05-2014, 04:07 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,535,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I will give credit to R.S. for at least accepting blame and saying they were sorry they erred as opposed to blaming it all on someone else.
How many more times do we need to see this? Rathergate, Zimmerman, Ferguson, Duke Lacrosse, UVA...how many times can these guys get it so wrong?

I quit watching MSNBC after the Zimmerman thing. Rolling Stone, while not my favorite magazine has some pretty good writers (Matt Taibbi) but the fact that they ran this should wake people up. Yeah, great for apologing. But good grief, there were people on this thing from the start if it wasn't for independant bloggers this story would have kept going. Kudos to WaPo for doing some, you know real reporting, investigation into the story.

The machine just worked over a clearly troubled girl and spit her out like an unwanted cherry pit from their dirty a-holes. As long as the narrative gets play...the truth does not matter. Jackie does not matter. What matters is that...well who knows what the play is here?

Progressives...your guys batting record is abysmal.

Old 12-05-2014, 04:28 PM

1,735 posts, read 1,769,853 times
The left eating their own. They're now making a complete mockery of actual sex assault victims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies