Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 01:01 PM

1,632 posts, read 1,850,357 times

Advertisements

She's wasting her time, the White House usually gives a First Lady something like this to do to keep her busy and makes her feel important , Stephanopoulos worked in the WH when Hillary was First Lady , they gave some sort of health care plan to keep her busy, he said all she did was walk around all over the place holding a bunch of Manila folders , the staff laughed at her knowing nothing would come of what she thought she was doing Lol But it kept her busy while Billy boy was busy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2014, 01:04 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,878,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
That's fine but some schools don't allow bagged meals from home.

Chicago Public School Bans Home-Packed Lunches

The Chicago Public School system as a whole does not ban home-packed lunches, but does allow its principals to make such decisions.

If I were a parent in a school with a nanny principal like this one, I'd raise holy hell. This stinks.

Thank God I lived in a time where we could eat at school, bring a lunch from home, go home for lunch or to town.

Old 12-06-2014, 01:15 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Well too bad!

I bet the starving kids over the world would eat it.

Ungrateful things.

I really do not understand this.......
If they do not want to eat school lunch then why don't they make their own damn brown bag lunches?

Bunch of self entilted pricks
Some school districts have banned certain items that kids brought from home.

Get Michelle out of the lunch bag.

Old 12-06-2014, 01:32 PM

10,024 posts, read 15,671,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Where the Obama children go to school and what they have for lunch is their parents business; just the same as what Gov. Christie told the reporters who were questioning him about where he sent his kids to school. “It’s none of your business. I don’t ask you where you send your kids to school, don’t bother me about where I send mine.”

The picture of "the garbage" that the common kids get is a very popular dish in New England called Chinese Pie. It is served in a most unappetizing manner for this photograph.....but its hands down the favorite of most kids in that region. It was a standard request for the birthday meal of one of my sons.

It is a layer of ground beef fried with onion; a layer of corn and/or creamed corn topped with a layer of mashed potatoes and baked.

I still make it....it is really delicious. (But it needs a salad or green vegetable with it to be fully nutritious.....or if you were part of the President Regan generation ..... a splash of ketchup to count as a vegetable.)
I never heard of "Chinese Pie", but it sounds like you are describing Shepherd's Pie.

I'd agree with the student's description - that picture of the "lunch" looks like dog vomit.

Old 12-06-2014, 01:38 PM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
I never heard of "Chinese Pie", but it sounds like you are describing Shepherd's Pie.

I'd agree with the student's description - that picture of the "lunch" looks like dog vomit.
Chinese Pie and Shepherds Pie (American style not English) are pretty much the same thing.

The photograph shows what the photographer wanted to show....the food is slopped on the plate and made to look as unappetizing as possible. I bet they could do the same thing with what ever we are serving our families for supper tonight....if they wanted, and clearly they wanted. Imagine your meatloaf recipe, or tuna noodle casserole, or pulled pork......if they wanted to make it look like vomit they could.

Old 12-06-2014, 02:32 PM

1,632 posts, read 1,850,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post

Chinese pies made with beef, shepherds pie is Lamp , cottage pie is beef .

Last edited by Supplies; 12-06-2014 at 02:42 PM..

Old 12-06-2014, 02:39 PM

8,489 posts, read 6,894,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Michelle Obama should be impeached for this.
This is a pun. Right?

Old 12-06-2014, 02:44 PM

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Add school lunches to the list of things that were better in the good old days. But I will defend hospital food as being pretty good and not deserving a bad rap.
With Reagan, ketchup was a vegetable. With Michelle, its an entrée.

Old 12-06-2014, 02:49 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
....but its hands down the favorite of most kids in that region. It was a standard request for the birthday meal of one of my sons.

It is a layer of ground beef fried with onion; a layer of corn and/or creamed corn topped with a layer of mashed potatoes and baked.

I still make it....it is really delicious. (But it needs a salad or green vegetable with it to be fully nutritious.....or if you were part of the President Regan generation ..... a splash of ketchup to count as a vegetable.)
Around here they call it hamburger gravy for some lame reason. It's like comfort food, I think. And, if you throw in some gravy, and top it with tater tots instead of mashed potatoes and then bake it, it's really good!

The thing to remember is that the kids get to choose from many different things. If they selected the stuff in those pictures, it's their own fault. There are options. Look in a local paper that has the school lunch menus. They aren't what they used to be.

Old 12-06-2014, 03:01 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Man, Michelle Obama must be a time traveler! That doesn't look all that different than the slop I was served when I was in school.

But good on you - the gnashing of teeth and false outrage is just precious.
Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinynot View Post
Who even gave her authority to dictate what should be in school lunches? She is nothing except a communist just like Hussein and Hillary. Only the other two are actual politicians. They were all under the tutelage of Alinsky in Chicago. That is how Obama got started in politics. Most kids won't eat collard greens if they don't eat that at home.
You know, here's the problem. Michelle Obama made healthy living her "project" like Laura Bush's literacy, Nancy Reagan's "Just Say No", etc. But Michelle did not write the standards for school lunches. The standards get revised every few years, regardless of who is first lady. But the cons started this meme about Michelle and the school lunches and now a lot of non-thinkers believe SHE set the standards herself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies