Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 09:02 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
Navy SEAL Team 6 wouldn't have done anything without the orders that originated in the White House from their Commander in Chief Barrack Obama 44th President of the United States of America. President Obama is and still is the ultimate COMMANDER of Navy SEAL Team 6. It was President Obama who made the gutsy call to kill Osama Bin Laden in the nice walled estate given to him by Pakistan's military in the garrison city called Abbotabad. A place under the control and protection of the Pakistani military.
I'm not sure this is correct.. I'm sure the Seal Teams conduct operations all over the place without us knowing about it, and without the Presidents approval. Thats why they have a chain of command.

Clearly if the President says no, then its not going to happen, but I'm willing to bet not everything the Seals does goes up to the President.

To say the President is responsible for everything under his command and knows about it all, then one must then argue that he knew about the IRS scandal, the running of guns and many other items under his command.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2014, 09:09 AM

2,861 posts, read 3,851,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
Navy SEAL Team 6 wouldn't have done anything without the orders that originated in the White House from their Commander in Chief Barrack Obama 44th President of the United States of America. President Obama is and still is the ultimate COMMANDER of Navy SEAL Team 6. It was President Obama who made the gutsy call to kill Osama Bin Laden in the nice walled estate given to him by Pakistan's military in the garrison city called Abbotabad. A place under the control and protection of the Pakistani military.
..and all the Special Ops teams have the utmost respect for this man

Old 12-08-2014, 09:15 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Wrong also...

Anyone should be free to go anywhere, blaming the hostage is like blaming a child who was standing on a corner and got shot by thugs trying to conduct their drug operations..
First off... these aren't children. These are adults who are aware of the dangers.

Going to a high crime, crack filled alley with gold chains around your neck and a tshirt that says FREE CRACK and then acting like you aren't to blame for what happens to you IS YOUR FAULT.

I give journalist credit for risking their lives for these stories but they know the risk.

Will your next vacation be in North Korea, Syria or Sudan because you are "free to do so?"

Old 12-08-2014, 09:22 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
I can't fault Obama for this. I hope they took out all the terrorists. It's sad to lose these people though I would say I would prefer a gunshot and being carried to a US ship with a chance than the fate they probably faced.

Old 12-08-2014, 09:23 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
and why are we hearing about all these special ops missions?

Old 12-08-2014, 09:46 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Not an Obama fan but I can't fault him for a failed attempt to rescue Americans from the hands of terrorists. Now negotiating with terrorists is another matter.
I can. Just as I would fault Bush, and any other president that sent in American soldiers to rescue a citizen WHO KNEW THE RISKS.

Old 12-08-2014, 09:48 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I don't blame him on this one either.

I do question why it took him so long to authorize the earlier rescue. He hasn't impressed me as a decisive leader, and the delay was really unfortunate. Perhaps there was good reason, but it is said that intel was good, the Seals were ready and waiting for the order.

Why these people choose to go to these places as aid workers is beyond me. Don't they have local aid workers, people who are not hated?
Kinda busy meeting with Sharpton, fundraising and playing golf, I imagine. And he probably had to wait and see how this would look in the polls.

Old 12-08-2014, 09:57 AM

31,050 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I am the last person to defend Obama but I agree with the above.

However, he claimed to have killed Osama so he owns this one as well.
Like the guy less and less every year, but Affirmative on that.

Old 12-08-2014, 10:51 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
First off... these aren't children. These are adults who are aware of the dangers.

Going to a high crime, crack filled alley with gold chains around your neck and a tshirt that says FREE CRACK and then acting like you aren't to blame for what happens to you IS YOUR FAULT.

I give journalist credit for risking their lives for these stories but they know the risk.

Will your next vacation be in North Korea, Syria or Sudan because you are "free to do so?"
Meaningless since the children have no control over where they live, but their parents clearly do..

So because these children live in high crime areas, its now the parents fault drug dealers are killing them?

I dont think so...

Old 12-08-2014, 11:02 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
and why are we hearing about all these special ops missions?
You want rescued hostages to come home and keep it a secret? I don't remember any press on the successful rescue of 8 hostages 2 weeks ago, but failure makes the news. (not saying there wasn't any press 2 weeks ago, i just didn't see it)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies