Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 10:42 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times

Advertisements

apples to oranges.

German way can never work in America.

Example: Church and state are almost inseparable. Does it work here in the States?

You cannot learn one thing and not the other.

Old 12-07-2014, 11:04 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
To blame Obama for collective corporate policy is like blaming Santa Clause for the Holocaust.
Get more than the opinion of Fox news if you want to argue intelligently.
Quote:
Stay cool. These fools don't realize that Rupert Murdock is controlling the content that they perceive to be news.
Argue intelligently? Like repeatedly parroting Fox News..Fox News as a retort?

Beam me up, Scotty!

Old 12-07-2014, 12:13 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
To blame Obama for collective corporate policy is like blaming Santa Clause for the Holocaust.
Get more than the opinion of Fox news if you want to argue intelligently.
Oh, yeah, it always comes down to Fox News, doesn't it?

But corporate policy follows government policy; in this case, the mandates of Obamacare, where anyone working over 30 hours must be provided with health insurance. And costs have gone up. So, employers have cut hours on many employees to 30 hours to avoid the cost of having to provide them with health insurance.

Fox News (their legal analysts) has provided more analysis of and information on Obamacare than any other network. Theirs is far more comprehensive, and more accurate. The State controlled media (i.e., CNN, MSNBC et al) have lied, made ommissions, and distorted facts about Obamacare. This is one reason that nobody watches those networks (in the recent Cable Network Ranker: November 2014 CNN and MSNBC didn't even rank! Fox was again Number One!) Boom: Megyn Kelly And Fox News Have Just Buried Their Competition In The Trash Heap

There is a reason for this. It is their content, and the accuracy thereof.

Old 12-07-2014, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Is this what you do for your employees?
I doubt this person has employees he/she clams to be a "professor" of something (probably "Womens Studies" if a woman!). Is probably totally clueless when it comes to what happens in the real world of business.

Old 12-07-2014, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Stay cool. These fools don't realize that Rupert Murdock is controlling the content that they perceive to be news.
And George Soros and the Democrats control the content of what you think is news, which is nothing but propaganda designed to keep you voting for "Progressives." But you don't know what the news is, because you won't find it on those networks, since they ignore anything of real importance.

Are they still reporting that Benghazi was a spontaneous attack because of a video??? LOL

How about the IRS scandal?? You probably believe what Obama told you, "There isn't a hint of wrongdoing."

Old 12-07-2014, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Argue intelligently? Like repeatedly parroting Fox News..Fox News as a retort?

Beam me up, Scotty!
There is nothing else they can say. They have no valid arguments to refute anything.

Old 12-07-2014, 12:45 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Have you ever worked with Germans ?

I have and while they have great work benefits it's certainly NO PARADISE.
All these mandated benefits have consequences. Maybe you should look a bit more into it.
I worked in Germany for, oh, 2.5 years or so. Pretty enjoyable, as work goes. The CEO went up on the podium on the annual company trip and warned us against those two-week vacations he saw many taking - three weeks really was where the proper benefit of time off kicked in, and he'd like to see people take three weeks off once per year.

Unlike what many may expect, there wasn't nearly the amount of kilt-lifting and micromanagement I've seen in the US. Management expected us to do our jobs, and we did.

Old 12-07-2014, 01:06 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I worked in Germany for, oh, 2.5 years or so. Pretty enjoyable, as work goes. The CEO went up on the podium on the annual company trip and warned us against those two-week vacations he saw many taking - three weeks really was where the proper benefit of time off kicked in, and he'd like to see people take three weeks off once per year.

Unlike what many may expect, there wasn't nearly the amount of kilt-lifting and micromanagement I've seen in the US. Management expected us to do our jobs, and we did.
Try being in white collar job for 10 years..a 30 year old female who wants to switch jobs but no one wants to hire a female anymore with the mandated paid time off after having a baby.

Old 12-07-2014, 01:13 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Have you ever worked with Germans ?

I have and while they have great work benefits it's certainly NO PARADISE.
All these mandated benefits have consequences. Maybe you should look a bit more into it.
I worked with them for 11 years.

They're diligent and thorough, but there are some issues.

I had an 11 man team and when they were all healthy, we had a well oiled machine. But they'd go on sick leave for long periods...paid, and they can stay out for as long as a doctor says they can.

And I had a few guys that abused the privilege.

Old 12-07-2014, 01:16 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
I lived in Germany for six years. It's a wonderful country. The U.S. could learn a few things from Germany, especially with regards to education. The problem that the US has is that our elites have different priorities. America is committed to diversity over the well being of Americans. Obama's amnesty and the lukewarm response by the Republicans is a clear example of this.
What in the hell does "diversity" have to do with Germany?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies