Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2014, 06:29 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,778,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
No, I doubt the personal stories people try to tell here. But you seem to think it is all ACA's fault that your employer raised your health insurance, so I can't argue with that.

ACA was specifically cited as the reason for my employer provided health care costs increasing. Mine didn't go up 30%, but it did go up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2014, 07:03 AM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
If the employer is mandated to provide more care, why the hell would you expect the cost to fall?

This type of asinine thinking is what baffles me to no end...
Those are the "stupid American voters" to whom Gruber referred. Note that they're always liberals/Dem voters.

Old 12-08-2014, 07:44 AM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
So you are self employed but you have a boss?
Independent contractors frequently have that situation. Not unusual at all.

Old 12-08-2014, 07:50 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
ACA was specifically cited as the reason for my employer provided health care costs increasing. Mine didn't go up 30%, but it did go up.
So what was the reason for it going up each year before that?

Old 12-08-2014, 08:17 AM

4,582 posts, read 3,408,767 times
Quote:
So you are self employed but you have a boss? So if your rate was half what it was in 2014, what did it actually cover? It sounds like it didn't meet the minimum requirements, which is already a low bar.

As usual, did not read the post properly, my old plan was 80/20, $5K deductable. I had a hospital stay for an infection in 2010, and that's what was paid. If to meet ACA minimum standards is such a low bar, why does it cost so much more but cover less?

Old 12-08-2014, 09:29 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
with embattled Obamacare architect Jonathan Gruber set to testify on Tuesday about his shocking statements about

"the stupidity of the American voter" and his contention that deception was essential to Obamacare's passage

I would love to see how he responds to the questions given to him. He is an azz of the worse kind. Who wants their base, their supporters, stupid and naïve, and that he made pretty damn clear.

Guess they got their wishes didn't they!

Heard this idiot on video, and what came out of his mouth, how is he going to talk his way out of this one.

Very clear this idiot wants his supporters dumb, stupid, naïve, and ignorant.

Old 12-08-2014, 10:58 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
So what was the reason for it going up each year before that?
Cost of care goes up every year before that..

But thats not what you left wing kooks said would happen Post ACA..

you guys said we need to pass ACA to control costs and cut it $2500..

Old 12-08-2014, 11:54 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,016,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
Same for me.

Old 12-08-2014, 12:44 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Cost of care goes up every year before that..

But thats not what you left wing kooks said would happen Post ACA..

you guys said we need to pass ACA to control costs and cut it $2500..
There is more evidence that health care costs have subsided over the past six years and that they continue to grow at a slower pace than the economy.

Initially the slower growth was believed to be caused by the economic decline but at this point it appears the overall system is holding at a much lower growth rate.

So th overall growth in health care cost is modest. If any segment is hitting sharp increases that would therefore represent redistribution of costs...not cost increases.

The ACA was a committee built thing. There the outcome is noever known until well after the task is completed. And so far it appears the outcome was good.

Old 12-08-2014, 01:09 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
There is more evidence that health care costs have subsided over the past six years and that they continue to grow at a slower pace than the economy.

Initially the slower growth was believed to be caused by the economic decline but at this point it appears the overall system is holding at a much lower growth rate.

So th overall growth in health care cost is modest. If any segment is hitting sharp increases that would therefore represent redistribution of costs...not cost increases.

The ACA was a committee built thing. There the outcome is noever known until well after the task is completed. And so far it appears the outcome was good.
There is NOTHING in ACA which could attribute to a lower healthcare rise.. healthcare costs rise with the economy, in bad economic periods they rise slower than they do in good economic periods.

There is a reason they tied the tax on the employer to the inflation rate and not healthcare rate increases..

The reason of course is because no one expects the economy to suck forever.

if thats your plan, you go with it.. Dont count me on joining you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies