Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2014, 12:26 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,288,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Reference to your words I placed in bold:

Who makes up a government? Is the government flown in from outer space? One might think so because people seem to take on an us vs them mentality, when in all reality the government that has been formed came from the people and their communities.

Where does the individual corruption come from?

Our first teachers, for those fortunate to be kept in the same home to which they were born, are our parents who teach us our moral and ethical codes and instill in us the codes in which to live by.

Some adhere to their codes that were taught, some reject their teaching and go their own path, that which is of their own making and has nothing to do with the parent or their teachings.

It takes a whole village to raise an idiot.

For those who blaze their own path they may come across people within their communities who may take it upon themselves to set the one that they believe fell off the right path, back onto the right one.

Which ever way it comes about that a moral and ethical code to be set for an individual to follow, that code comes from the person's raising.

We learn from experience.

If the moral and ethical code brings about a situation not of the liking for government rule, change the code and change the raising of the children.

Because on thing is for certain, our children are our future and the only way in which to get a moral and ethical government is to raise one, the way the community sees they should be raised.

Until then, the individual corruption, that brings about the government corruption, is that which is of the communities making. (unless of course aliens from outer space rule us)

It is we the people that make up our government and if we the people can not decide right from wrong, may God have mercy upon our souls. Poke us with a fork, as we are done.
The bottom line that you never get around to is that because people are corruptible, the most illogical course of action is to put them in positions of power like government unless there is no other choice.
Because we do have other choices the logical course of action is to reduce government and to contract necessary services from a pool of competitors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2014, 03:48 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,593,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
The bottom line that you never get around to is that because people are corruptible, the most illogical course of action is to put them in positions of power like government unless there is no other choice.
Because we do have other choices the logical course of action is to reduce government and to contract necessary services from a pool of competitors.
I'm all for that, The Declaration of Independence , where do you suggest we begin?

Keep in mind that, the Government is the largest employer of the U.S. Mess with a man (person) and their pay check, there will be a fight.

Also note, it isn't the size, as in number of people that is problematic, but the size of the laws that gave them power, to being with.

There is a reason I don't jump to your bottom line and that reason is because that 'choice' is an illusion. The choice we have to abolish the government, we practice that choice every two and four years. The U.S. Constitution gave/gives us a choice.

There's a reason there has been an Arab Spring, but not a U.S. Spring. They take to the streets, the U.S. take to the court room.

I use to shop at a store that they didn't have the 'customer card' and I was happy they didn't. I asked one of the managers if he thought they ever would. He told me, the stockholders and shareholders was a rather large group of people and it is virtually impossible to get that many people to agree on one thing.

Now, look at the citizen population of U.S. and tell me your idea will fly, nationwide.

How did we get here? Maybe not the beginning, but a good place to begin looking is, History of the Federal Reserve System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That which Thomas Jefferson said was unconstitutional, yet we have it any way. Funny, not every one agreed with him.

Contracting services from a group of competitors, is something the government we have elected is doing already. There's some of those tax dollars at work, or so it is we are to believe.

Change (social; society) is raised, from the bottom up. And whoever said people were logical and capable of making logical decisions. (yes, i'm a star trek fan)

PS: Bottom line, we had it and we gave it away; rinse and repeat every two and four years. The founders tried, we just couldn't keep it, because we evolved.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 12-18-2014 at 03:56 PM.. Reason: PS

Old 12-18-2014, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So you got all of this from a comment I said out of context? The post was about school lunches, not about whatever it is you are rambling on about.
It will make sense to someone, no doubt and even if it doesn't, no harm.

Old 12-18-2014, 05:39 PM

Quote:
I'm all for that, The Declaration of Independence , where do you suggest we begin?

Keep in mind that, the Government is the largest employer of the U.S. Mess with a man (person) and their pay check, there will be a fight.

Also note, it isn't the size, as in number of people that is problematic, but the size of the laws that gave them power, to being with.

There is a reason I don't jump to your bottom line and that reason is because that 'choice' is an illusion. The choice we have to abolish the government, we practice that choice every two and four years. The U.S. Constitution gave/gives us a choice.

There's a reason there has been an Arab Spring, but not a U.S. Spring. They take to the streets, the U.S. take to the court room.

I use to shop at a store that they didn't have the 'customer card' and I was happy they didn't. I asked one of the managers if he thought they ever would. He told me, the stockholders and shareholders was a rather large group of people and it is virtually impossible to get that many people to agree on one thing.

Now, look at the citizen population of U.S. and tell me your idea will fly, nationwide.

How did we get here? Maybe not the beginning, but a good place to begin looking is, History of the Federal Reserve System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That which Thomas Jefferson said was unconstitutional, yet we have it any way. Funny, not every one agreed with him.

Contracting services from a group of competitors, is something the government we have elected is doing already. There's some of those tax dollars at work, or so it is we are to believe.

Change (social; society) is raised, from the bottom up. And whoever said people were logical and capable of making logical decisions. (yes, i'm a star trek fan)

PS: Bottom line, we had it and we gave it away; rinse and repeat every two and four years. The founders tried, we just couldn't keep it, because we evolved.
We begin by educating people who are looking for answers. Most Libertarians unlike the other political parties have become libertarians because of their self education of history, the Constitution, and law.

They have learned that almost everything they were taught previously were lies and propaganda.

They are former democrats and republicans who could not reconcile the actions of their former party's with the solutions to the problems we face.

As time passes, the economy will continue to get worse for working people, jobs will continue to disappear, and the government will become more and more tyrannical. The people will become more frustrated by the failures of government and at some point more and more of them will begin to look for answers.

Libertarians have the answers the people are looking for because they understand how we got to where we are today and they know that the only way to correct what is wrong is to return to our roots which were libertarian to begin with.

Old 12-18-2014, 05:53 PM

Quote:
We begin by educating people who are looking for answers. Most Libertarians unlike the other political parties have become libertarians because of their self education of history, the Constitution, and law.

They have learned that almost everything they were taught previously were lies and propaganda.

They are former democrats and republicans who could not reconcile the actions of their former party's with the solutions to the problems we face.

As time passes, the economy will continue to get worse for working people, jobs will continue to disappear, and the government will become more and more tyrannical. The people will become more frustrated by the failures of government and at some point more and more of them will begin to look for answers.

Libertarians have the answers the people are looking for because they understand how we got to where we are today and they know that the only way to correct what is wrong is to return to our roots which were libertarian to begin with.
You may be right. The store I shopped at:

http://www.myigacard.com.au/

Old 12-19-2014, 03:15 AM

5,576 posts, read 7,998,619 times
Quote:
This must be the stupid post parade. Do any of you know the difference between a regulated and deregulated industry???????

Utilities used to be regulated by the government to keep costs down for consumers.
Then the corporations bought Washington and paid to have themselves deregulated so that they could make fat profits. If your phone service was still regulated, they would be limited to single digit profit margins and your phone bill would be a fraction of what it is now.
That's a good example of the difference between primary and secondary regulation. The primary regulation is the initial intervention that strangles the market by raising barriers to entry and putting smaller firms out of business, i.e. killing small young firms, thus ballooning the size of big old firms; the secondary regulation is another intervention that tries to ameliorate the resulting effects. The "regulated industry" you mention had more secondary regulation, but both suffered from primary regulation, and the "deregulated industry" suffered more acutely. Free markets require the removal not just of secondary regulation, which is what "deregulation" means to the ruling class and often makes things even worse, but also the removal of primary regulation.

Old 12-19-2014, 05:30 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:

We became a fascist nation when the federal reserve and corporations were allowed to exist.
Endless money(power) and no accountability.
Corporations would not exist, without the federal government creating the corporate structure.

Old 12-20-2014, 07:58 AM

Default The government with is thumb on our heads...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
We became a fascist nation when the federal reserve and corporations were allowed to exist.
Endless money(power) and no accountability.
Corporations would not exist, without the federal government creating the corporate structure.
Money, is it the root of all evil?

I believe the Corporations would exist, but they wouldn't receive government subsidies and tax breaks with out the Federal Reserve. (end the fed) The CEOs would be made to face realities where as critical thinking in management would be a necessary skill not only to have, but one needed to be applied in business. There would be no safety net when cash flow management mistakes are made.

Take the auto industry for example and the bailouts they received. Gotta save those jobs! Right? That is how it was sold.

If the top dawg goes down, that opens up a path for the smaller company to step up and become the top dawg. Jobs? Open up in the smaller company. A shift happens in business. With out an opening the smaller companies will never get a leg up in this country.

At some point the question is going to have to be asked, 'how did we get here'?

"The first step in solving a problem, is recognizing there is one." ~ "The Newsroom" ~

Old 12-20-2014, 08:30 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
So long as that evil government keeps sending my Social Security check and provides Medicare health insurance it an be a tyrannical as it wants. At least until it wants to collect my firearms.

Over the years I have studied various political and economic systems. I have noted that Libertarian politics and Free market economics always seem to be connected with people that have little care for the fate of others and enough money to survive the first couple of business failures before they learn enough to get it right. That is a very elite few.

Old 12-20-2014, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Money, is it the root of all evil?

I believe the Corporations would exist, but they wouldn't receive government subsidies and tax breaks with out the Federal Reserve. (end the fed) The CEOs would be made to face realities where as critical thinking in management would be a necessary skill not only to have, but one needed to be applied in business. There would be no safety net when cash flow management mistakes are made.

Take the auto industry for example and the bailouts they received. Gotta save those jobs! Right? That is how it was sold.

If the top dawg goes down, that opens up a path for the smaller company to step up and become the top dawg. Jobs? Open up in the smaller company. A shift happens in business. With out an opening the smaller companies will never get a leg up in this country.

At some point the question is going to have to be asked, 'how did we get here'?

"The first step in solving a problem, is recognizing there is one." ~ "The Newsroom" ~
Corporations only exist because of government collusion with big business. The purpose of a corporate entity is to create a fictitious individual in order to absolve business owners of the legal ramifications of breaking the law or gross negligence. It is basically a get out of jail free card for the wealthy.

In todays United States, corporations have changed our economy from one of a free market place to a fascist state where corporations are able to dictate to government due to governments dependence on corporate money to be elected. No one gets elected to any office without corporate support, therefore there is no politician who has not sold himself to big business prior to taking office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies