Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 05:35 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Thats not a list..

deflection..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 05:37 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So you cant list ONE example to backup the premace of the thread?

So why do you keep bumping it and embarassing Democrats by showing their incompentance?

Old 12-09-2014, 05:42 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
"Majority Leader-elect Mitch McConnell (R-KY) said the Senate will hold an Obamacare repeal vote when Republicans take over the chamber.

Though he spoke of a more cooperative and functioning Senate, McConnell insisted that Republicans "will go at that law [Obamacare] — which in my view is the single worst piece of legislation passed in the last half century — in every way that we can."

McConnell Promises Obamacare Repeal Vote In GOP Senate

And since they need 60 votes to overcome a Democratic fillibuster, and the president would never sign it even if it somehow passed, basically what McConnell is saying is that Republicans plan on doing nothing but waste more time on frivolous votes.

I wonder how his constituents--you know, the ones he promised he would not take away Kynect--are going to feel when they realized what many of us knew from the start--that McConnell was lying through his teeth when he said that.

The people have spoken.
It will hold Obama accountable, finally.

There are enough democrats now in the Senate, up for re-election in 2016 and are also running from Obamacare. Even if Obama vetos it, it will have enough support to go around again, and be passed.

Old 12-09-2014, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The people have spoken.
It will hold Obama accountable, finally.

There are enough democrats now in the Senate, up for re-election in 2016 and are also running from Obamacare. Even if Obama vetos it, it will have enough support to go around again, and be passed.
Exactly, not everyone is a Gruber, but these threads are filled with many who are..

Like those who want to somehow blame the GOP because Demcorats havent proposed any solutions to fix ACA.. i dont get how these people arent embarassed by their party anymore..

Old 12-09-2014, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Seems everyone agrees that healthcare in broken.

We are closing in on the 5 year anniversary since the ACA was passed. Nothing has precluded Congress from creating a viable alternative or amending the existing legislation. That would however take a tad more effort than condeming the ACA, just because, blah, blah, blah.
There is a difference between governing and opposing. It is easy to just oppose everything all the time, the dems did the same with Bush, but the GOP needs to learn how to govern, or they might lose in 2016. This is not a good start for them.

Old 12-09-2014, 06:29 AM

Quote:
There is a difference between governing and opposing. It is easy to just oppose everything all the time, the dems did the same with Bush, but the GOP needs to learn how to govern, or they might lose in 2016. This is not a good start for them.
Which brings me back to my question.

how has the DEMOCRATS Governed and proposed options to fix ACA?

Please list them for us to show us how Democrats have been the leaders all these years and we simply are unaware of their steps taken..

Old 12-09-2014, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Which brings me back to my question.

how has the DEMOCRATS Governed and proposed options to fix ACA?

Please list them for us to show us how Democrats have been the leaders all these years and we simply are unaware of their steps taken..
Man, you do like to deflect, don't you? LOL

Are Democrats saying it needs to be fixed, or is GOP saying it? I'm pretty sure it's the GOP who's been saying it. Actually they are not talking about fixing it, or replacing it, but repealing it, which is something only 16% of Americans want. This discussion is about McConnell comments which promise nothing but more of the partisan hackery which the nation is so tired of. If you don't want to talk about it, then don't, but don't expect everyone to jump into discussing other topics just because you don't like the topic.

Old 12-09-2014, 06:43 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:

With Harry Reid out of the way, I'm sure you will see bills making it to Obamas desk. It will then be up to Obama to Govern, finally.

The people corrected their mistakes.

Old 12-09-2014, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Man, you do like to deflect, don't you? LOL

Are Democrats saying it needs to be fixed, or is GOP saying it? I'm pretty sure it's the GOP who's been saying it. Actually they are not talking about fixing it, or replacing it, but repealing it, which is something only 16% of Americans want. This discussion is about McConnell comments which promise nothing but more of the partisan hackery which the nation is so tired of. If you don't want to talk about it, then don't, but don't expect everyone to jump into discussing other topics just because you don't like the topic.
yes the GOP is talking about repealing it..

If you put **** on a dinner plate and call it supper, Finn thinks you should be forced to eat it. Republicans disagree.

Democrats havent even proposed ANYTHING to make the **** taste better..

THATS NOT DEFLECTING, its a FACT.

Dont like it, then eat ****..

Old 12-09-2014, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
With Harry Reid out of the way, I'm sure you will see bills making it to Obamas desk. It will then be up to Obama to Govern, finally.
Yes, I am sure they will send many to his desk. The question is what kind of bills they will be sending. Will they be bills which are designed to pass and help the nation, or will they be bills which are designed to fail, and created to only to serve a partisan purpose.

Which kinds of bills do you think they will be sending?

Which kinds of bills do you think Americans want them to send?

I ask, because listening to McConnell's comments, it sounds like he wants to continue with the partisan games.

I think they will send some good ones, but I fear they will also squander time and money on bills which are designed only for partisan purposes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies