Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 06:47 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
Aren't you the guy who said that all warming has no known cause?
nope...I have said it repeatedly that it is NATURAL

you are one of those that "has to blame someone"..for a naturally occurring thing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 06:54 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,752,379 times
I wonder what would happen on an "Earth Like" planet if someone decided to dump several hundred billion tons of sequestered carbon into the atmosphere over a couple of hundred years? Fortunately we an observe the results of a similar experiment right here on Earth.

Old 12-09-2014, 06:55 AM

2,777 posts, read 1,780,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
That is if the THEORY is founded on fact and not the fiction that is continually pushed by this so called science. I believe the scientists think they are on to something here, but it's so far over their heads they cannot understand 10% of the data they are collecting. CO2 in the atmosphere causes warming is a theory and nothing more.

There has been many times the PPM of CO2 in the atmosphere during ice ages in the past. It's right in the ice core samples but they don't want to talk about that. I wonder why?
Oh wow this discussion is once again going absolutely nowhere.

First of all, yes, it is a THEORY, but you obviously don't understand the difference between a scientific theory and the word theory as it is meant in more general terms:

What is a Scientific Theory? | Definition of Theory

And seriously, it's not that they don't understand 10% of the data, it's that they're dealing with a very very complex system that is constantly changing. In hindsight it's always easy to understand why something happened but when you're dealing with isolated incidents it's not always easy to immediately determine a cause.

This is part of the denialist technique of putting unrealistic demands on what climatologists can do.

Denialism: what is it and how should scientists respond? | The European Journal of Public Health

And if you think that past CO2 levels haven't been talked about you're on crack. Here's an article from THIS YEAR that talks about it:

Dinosaur Era Had 5 Times Today's CO2

WHY would they ignore that? The reason CO2 levels were higher yet the Earth was colder in the past is because the Earth was further from the sun, or because solar activity was lower.

Go back to grade school.

Old 12-09-2014, 06:57 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,210,815 times
Quote:
Therefore AGW is not real, poses no risk to anyone and people can go on doing whatever they want with no fear of any repercussions whatsoever.
Exactly.

The earth heats and cools periodically.

Old 12-09-2014, 06:58 AM

2,777 posts, read 1,780,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
nope...I have said it repeatedly that it is NATURAL

you are one of those that "has to blame someone"..for a naturally occurring thing
LOL... yes, you're saying it's natural, but you have no idea what 'natural' force is causing it. In your cartoon la la land, it might as well be the Earth itself simply saying 'well, it has been 100,000 years, I guess I had better warm myself up'.

Old 12-09-2014, 06:59 AM

25,838 posts, read 16,513,155 times
Quote:
Go back to grade school.
That about where we all are in knowledge on what makes the Earth tick. Other than the arrogance of this science.

Man is just apes running for cover, we don't affect the climate. A hilarious idea.

Old 12-09-2014, 07:59 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,595,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I wonder what would happen on an "Earth Like" planet if someone decided to dump several hundred billion tons of sequestered carbon into the atmosphere over a couple of hundred years? Fortunately we an observe the results of a similar experiment right here on Earth.
My guess is that the plants which process CO2 would thrive and convert it to food and O2.

Old 12-09-2014, 08:19 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,672,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Warmers in full arm waving outrage.

Causes of Calif. drought natural, not man-made: NOAA
It won't matter, there's been zero global warming for about 17 years, and they still act as if our climate is warming at an alarming, and catastrophic rate.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:58 AM

1,245 posts, read 922,919 times
Quote:
LOL... yes, you're saying it's natural, but you have no idea what 'natural' force is causing it. In your cartoon la la land, it might as well be the Earth itself simply saying 'well, it has been 100,000 years, I guess I had better warm myself up'.
Why does this "natural force" have to be named? That is cartoon la la land at its finest.

Old 12-09-2014, 11:40 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,720,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I find that doubtful. CA's natural state is a desert. They had to import the water to have their lawns lush and green.
It cracks me up to hear those LA basin hypocrites crying about man made climate change. They have one man to thank for their climate......

William Mulholland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies