Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2014, 10:11 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times

Advertisements

Obama saying it was one area in which Democrats have a ‘real opportunity’ to cooperate with Republicans.

Republicans are making it clear that they intend on working together with Democrats and the president to get things done, particularly Obama’s free trade agenda.

“I've got a lot of members who believe that international trade agreements are a winner for America and the president and I discussed that right before I came over here,” said Senator McConnell, who among other Republicans, shares Obama’s vision about the “trade” partnerships. “I think he’s interested in moving forward. I said, ‘Send us trade agreements; we’re anxious to look at them.”

Senator Rand Paul (R-Ky.) has voiced his support for the trade agreements, encouraging the president to “prioritize” passage of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP).

Republicans to Obama: We Will Give You Trade Promotion Authority

Congressman Alan Grayson (D-Fla.), one of the few members of Congress given limited access to the TPP negotiation documents, told the Huffington Post, “Having seen what I've seen, I would characterize this as a gross abrogation of American sovereignty.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6OZyRQbQ2k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU1yAC_wXpA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 10:13 AM

Thanks wikileaks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPIsjH25GHo

Now we are going find out if if the people want to be ruled by elected government or corporations.

Last edited by phma; 12-09-2014 at 10:29 AM..

Old 12-09-2014, 10:37 AM

This clip helps you spot lies and propaganda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_6vDLq64gE

Notice the head movement of Bill Watson from the Cato Institute. Notice how he tries to use the ideas and words of the opposition to make his argument.

Old 12-09-2014, 10:37 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Liberalized trade is the one thing almost all economists, from the far left to the far right, agree upon. Protectionism is a recipe for a recession.

Old 12-09-2014, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Liberalized trade is the one thing almost all economists, from the far left to the far right, agree upon. Protectionism is a recipe for a recession.
Trade is the most important issue today as it was at the time of the Boston Tea Party. What we are being subjected to is not free trade. The issue is not protectionism or mercantilism.

Only five of the 29 chapters actually deal with trade. The others are to deal with policy. It's about trade advisors dictating how we are going to live. We elect officials to public office to do that. This treaty wants to usurp congress and the public subjecting us to the interest of corporate profit. And once in effect can not be undone by the public or congress.

Old 12-09-2014, 11:02 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
The issues that will ultimately end up destroying this nation are not the ones the two parties disagree on, they are the ones that the two parties get together on. Always listen carefully when you see democrats and republicans agreeing on something...this is when you are hearing what their real masters' agenda is. The things they fight over are merely the distractions intended to keep our eyes off the ball.

Old 12-09-2014, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
The issues that will ultimately end up destroying this nation are not the ones the two parties disagree on, they are the ones that the two parties get together on. Always listen carefully when you see democrats and republicans agreeing on something...this is when you are hearing what their real masters' agenda is. The things they fight over are merely the distractions intended to keep our eyes off the ball.
Listen to your Uncle Bully's words of wisdom !!!

I always, and like many others, thought the best government was when the different branches were controlled by different parties. This kind of cooperation on this treaty is dangerous and destructive if it goes forward.

Old 12-10-2014, 09:10 AM

In an effort to examine both sides of one issue being considered in the TPP.
Here is a link, with a link of the opposing view, in the first paragraph.

Many trade agreements don't have this issue. It's not necessary and trade gets done without it.
Any foreign corporation whose future profits might be hurt by an American law or regulation may sue to overturn it, bypassing US courts, or in fact, any court. It would be ruled on by a process through the WTO.

Defending Foreign Corporations' Privileges Is Hard, Especially When Looking At The Facts - Forbes

Old 12-10-2014, 09:12 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
It figures that the Republicans pick this issue to give Obama carte blanche on. LMAO...they're so transparent.

Old 12-10-2014, 09:13 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies