Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 11:25 AM

37,743 posts, read 40,805,800 times

Advertisements

Remember when she said the purpose was for patient records to be easily moved from doctor to doctor when people moved or changed doctors and for people to look at their own medical records? It was when she decided to run for President in 2007. She mentioned it all over the campaign trail. She and Bill Frist (R) sold it that way. Remember how "electronic medical records" was sneaked it into the stimulus bill "which came out in 2009" (and not the Affordable Care Act -Obamacare) because that's how Tom Daschle (took his name out of contention for head of Health and Human Sevices when it was discovered he was one in a long line of Obama potential appointee tax cheats) said to sneak it in, in his book on Universal Health Care?

Some background:

From 2007

"Electronic medical records are the answer to improving the quality of U.S. healthcare, presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-N.Y.) said Thursday In a Kaiser Family Foundation Web cast. Clinton said she has been "among the leaders" in advocating electronic medical records and she with former Sen. Bill Frist will continue to "push that rock up the hill." Clinton said electronic medical records could go a long way in improving the varying quality and cost of care now experienced across the nation. " I think it's very hard to think about having a system when you don't have any way for people to move from place to place, job to job," Clinton said."

Clinton: Electronic medical records key to improving healthcare system | Healthcare IT News

We talked about it (Electronic Medical Records in the Stimulus Bill) here on City Data in 2009 when the Stimulus Bill was voted on:

Universal Health Care in the Stimulus package???

National Healthcare Database Discrimination

Now we move to the present...

"This week, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) announced the release of the Federal Health IT Strategic Plan 2015-2020, which details the efforts of some 35 departments and agencies of the federal government and their roles in the plan to "advance the collection, sharing, and use of electronic health information to improve health care, individual and community health, and research."

Feds Plan for 35 Agencies to Help Collect, Share, Use Electronic Health Info | The Weekly Standard

The 35 are listed in the article. Here are a few of them that seem inexplicable: Federal Trade Commission, The Federal Communications Commission, The Department of Labor, The National Science Foundation, The Food and Drug Administration, The Department of Justice, The Department of Education...

Because it was never really about you having the ability to move your medical records from doctor to doctor but it was all about the Federal government (all of them) getting their paws on your personal medical records. I said it before and I will say it again, they are going to append all kinds of information about you to your medical records because scoring databases and doing data matching is what they do.

I sure hope Rand Paul speaks out on this because I don't think the other candidates will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 11:33 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,007,144 times
I assume you only pay cash for everything you buy?

I have no problem with information being used to improve healthcare in this country.

Old 12-09-2014, 11:35 AM

28,840 posts, read 30,092,032 times
Yup I do remember, and she went at it all gun hoe, and b/c her husband had just gotten in office, they told her to sit back and keep her mouth shut that she wasn't the President.

Yup I do....and I also remember Vince Foster, and all the shredding of documents she did.....but the younger generation doesn't....and they don't know how evil she is....and can be....however, they will if she gets in and you think Obama is bad? wait....

Old 12-09-2014, 11:39 AM

2,061 posts, read 4,120,399 times
I sure am glad my medical records are easily moved from Dr. to Dr.~~best thing that's happened in healthcare in years. Not everyone likes being restrained to one Dr. because he controls your records. Getting your record to in front of another Dr. when you become sick hundreds of miles from home can save lives and has probably saved mine.

Old 12-09-2014, 11:42 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,822,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Yup I do remember, and she went at it all gun hoe, and b/c her husband had just gotten in office, they told her to sit back and keep her mouth shut that she wasn't the President.

Yup I do....and I also remember Vince Foster, and all the shredding of documents she did.....but the younger generation doesn't....and they don't know how evil she is....and can be....however, they will if she gets in and you think Obama is bad? wait....
LOL. You certainly are all "gun hoe" about right wing conspiracy theories, even if your posts are rarely rooted in reality. Thanks for the laugh.

Electronic medical records is a good thing. As someone who used to audit medical records, I can tell you that there were many instances of paper being lost or misfiled, and when you wanted to transfer from one doc to another it could be a nightmare getting all your records. Welcome to the 21st century.

Old 12-09-2014, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
LOL. You certainly are all "gun hoe" about right wing conspiracy theories, even if your posts are rarely rooted in reality. Thanks for the laugh.

Electronic medical records is a good thing. As someone who used to audit medical records, I can tell you that there were many instances of paper being lost or misfiled, and when you wanted to transfer from one doc to another it could be a nightmare getting all your records. Welcome to the 21st century.
oh, you can laugh all you want, but it was real, I remember.....no conspiracy theory at all....they ruined a whole lot of people's lives....just to get where they are today.....not to mention benghazi.

Trouble with Americans, both repubs and dems is, they are to stupid to remember what went on....and they ignore facts....this country is a mess b/c of it, and the corporations use our political leaders.....but hey, believe what you want...there are tons of people out there who remember what she and her husband did, they are ruthless....

Old 12-09-2014, 11:53 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,822,226 times
Quote:
oh, you can laugh all you want, but it was real, I remember.....no conspiracy theory at all....they ruined a whole lot of people's lives....just to get where they are today.....not to mention benghazi.

Trouble with Americans, both repubs and dems is, they are to stupid to remember what went on....and they ignore facts....this country is a mess b/c of it, and the corporations use our political leaders.....but hey, believe what you want...there are tons of people out there who remember what she and her husband did, they are ruthless....
Oh, I remember, too. The right wing goes nuts whenever there is a Democrat in the White House, and the conspiracy theories multiply exponentially. Birthers are just the newest incarnation of right wing nuts who go bat**** crazy when there's a (D) after the president's name. I'm not at all surprised to find you among them.

Old 12-09-2014, 11:58 AM

30,148 posts, read 23,535,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I assume you only pay cash for everything you buy?

I have no problem with information being used to improve healthcare in this country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckdoc View Post
I sure am glad my medical records are easily moved from Dr. to Dr.~~best thing that's happened in healthcare in years. Not everyone likes being restrained to one Dr. because he controls your records. Getting your record to in front of another Dr. when you become sick hundreds of miles from home can save lives and has probably saved mine.

Do you people even read? Please explain why these agencies:

Federal Trade Commission, The Federal Communications Commission, The Department of Labor, The National Science Foundation, The Food and Drug Administration, The Department of Justice, The Department of Education...

Need to know your private MEDICAL information?

Old 12-09-2014, 12:01 PM

3,826 posts, read 3,372,487 times
Quote:

I remember the Hildabeast saying that medical students would not be able to choose their own specialty under her plan. Doctors would only be licensed based on the needs of the community. You would not be able to go into private practice and make a fortune doing cosmetic procedures.

Old 12-09-2014, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
I remember the Hildabeast saying that medical students would not be able to choose their own specialty under her plan. Doctors would only be licensed based on the needs of the community. You would not be able to go into private practice and make a fortune doing cosmetic procedures.
yup and when she gets in, and she will, b/c she will be a great actress, and believed, she will be worse then Obama, entitled, "to be continued". They are all bought and paid for by the corporations.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies