Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 08:14 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Wisconsin police chief compares gun violence to Ebola, asks residents to volunteer for searches | Fox News

Seriously? Are people worried there are hidden firearms in their homes? This has got to be one of the most moronic ideas I've ever heard .The reaction, unsurprisingly, has been overwhelmingly negative.

\

The funny thing is that liberals actually feel that they are enlightened and tolerant, not intolerant fascists.

I guess "liberal" sounds better than "Nazi"- it (so far) does not have quite as much negative connotation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2014, 08:17 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,934,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
\

The funny thing is that liberals actually feel that they are enlightened and tolerant, not intolerant fascists.

I guess "liberal" sounds better than "Nazi"- it (so far) does not have quite as much negative connotation.

Well, let me go on record by saying most would consider me a "liberal" and I have made my opinion known on this thread-I think it's utter BS.

Old 12-11-2014, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Well, let me go on record by saying most would consider me a "liberal" and I have made my opinion known on this thread-I think it's utter BS.
Great!

Convince your liberal friends that fascist policies which limit personal freedom and expand the power of the central government has NEVER bode well for citizens throughout the course of history.

Let me ask- why in the world do YOU think expanded federal power will benefit citizens now? How does expanding the power of the federal government at the expense of the individual make them more prosperous and expand thier individual liberties?

Old 12-11-2014, 10:16 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,934,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Great!

Convince your liberal friends that fascist policies which limit personal freedom and expand the power of the central government has NEVER bode well for citizens throughout the course of history.

Let me ask- why in the world do YOU think expanded federal power will benefit citizens now? How does expanding the power of the federal government at the expense of the individual make them more prosperous and expand thier individual liberties?

Umm. I think that the Federal Government is no longer in control of the people and hasn't been in quite some time and nearly everyone in Congress today should be tried for treason. Most would be convicted.

I DO NOT want a stronger Central Government-in fact I would like to see a return to states rights.

Localization and representation are key in ANY Government and right now we have NEITHER.

Old 12-11-2014, 10:20 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
What is "liberal" about this asinine idea? I am liberal and would never let the police search my house for anything without a court warrant.

Old 12-11-2014, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
What is "liberal" about this asinine idea? I am liberal and would never let the police search my house for anything without a court warrant.

Everything is liberal about this notion of confiscation of guns.

Breaking: Liberal Democrat Introduces Federal Bill to Confiscate Guns | The Gateway Pundit#!

Old 12-11-2014, 12:13 PM

1,075 posts, read 1,772,393 times
I really hate it when I go to heat something up in the microwave, and darned if there isn't a loaded Glock in there!

Or the toilet is making weird noises during a 3am bowel movement, and turns out there is an AR-15 leaning up against it.

Doesn't help that ol' Rover has glaucoma, but I can't get him an Rx for medical marijuana. Silly mutt keeps burying guns out in the back yard thinking they're bones!

Old 12-11-2014, 04:05 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Cool Would You Ask the Police to Search Your House for Guns?

"Thanks for offering, fellas. I already know where they all are."

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies