Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think there will be another terrorist attack in the US?
Yes 40 81.63%
No 5 10.20%
Unsure 4 8.16%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 04:48 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,059,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I believe that, because of the freedoms we enjoy in this country, and regardless of our foreign policies, terrorist factions will always want to attack this nation and its citizens.
When I was 7 years old, my parents used to tell me to go to bed before 8:00pm, otherwise, the Boogie man will come and get me!
-I believed that for while-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2008, 04:56 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,059,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
Will there be another terrist attack? Well, there wouldn't have been if Fred Thompson had won Iowa. But since Huckabee and Obama won, well now the terrists are on their way.

Jeez.
Yeah! your are right. The earth is Flat, and if you don't believe it look outside.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:44 PM

2,141 posts, read 7,865,847 times
I voted yes. If I lived in a smaller city or town, I wouldn't be worried about it. I live in a large city and don't think about it. As a worrier, I have to spend my time worrying about things that I can control. Terrorism isn't one of them.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:39 PM

1,149 posts, read 5,634,634 times
America is not the only country in the world with "freedom". The Patriot Act infringes on rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I believe that, because of the freedoms we enjoy in this country, and regardless of our foreign policies, terrorist factions will always want to attack this nation and its citizens.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:44 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,155,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalblue View Post
i keep hearing alot of people say they think we will get attacked cause of our overseas policy

so, do you believe, that if the US pulled back everything tomorrow, we would not get attacked?
Due to the mess we've created, it would take years to undo it. I think it would make us safer in the short term. Thing is, you can't stop a couple of guys who never show up on the radar.

You're also more likely to commit suicide than be involved in a terrorist attack in the US.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:46 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,155,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar31 View Post
Do you think hatred possessed those people overnight?
pull back to the 90s, then to the 80s, then the 70s,...etc.
1918 is when it started for the Western World. They've been at war with each other for 1400 years.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:57 PM

214 posts, read 473,970 times
Maybe some ancient history is needed here to understand why they hate us and every other infidel on the planet . Simply because it is their duty as a muslim to submit the whole world to Islam . This is the command in the quran . Go to a site where it is in english and see for yourself , or ask a ex muslim .

In the year 1389 America wasn't even a sparkle in the Queens eye . Yet islamic hordes were conquoring nations and converting them to islam . Serbia was invaded in that year and ask the other Balkan nations for help to fight them off , then parts of europe and asia .

This was the Otterman Empire . The same one that inspired the creation of the Crusaders [ which ended up being a terror all their own ,but thats not the subject ] . The Ottermans got all the way to the gates of Vianna before they were finally stopped .

Thomas Jefferson wanted to know why the Barbary Pirates , [ where the word 'barbareans came from ' BARBARY '} were so hard to defeat . So he got a quran to learn about his enemey which was robbing our ships of their treasures and imports . Guess it was a ,' know your enemy ' kinda thing . Of course foolish appeasers still say he wanted the quran because he liked islamic pirates, " go figure '.

I could have some dates wrong but this is some of the history and the reason 'why radical muslims attack '.

Blame the USA, blame the British, blame whoever you want but it has been going on before most anglo-saxon nations existed or in their infantcy . The reason is still the same , it is every muslims duty to do jihad to submit infidels to islam ,plain and simple if you just ask one . There are two types of jihad, one persuasive, the other by force . If it can't be done with peace they use force .It is well known Saudi Arabia is funding most the mosque ,hadrassas and camps here in the USA that teach radicalism .

I think before people blame Americans and our brothers the Brits for all the ills of the world they need to research before they commit sedition .

Is our government helping them do this, I don't know but it sure makes you woder when they throw out the Ten Commandments and replace them with footbaths and take prayer out of school and replace it with private prayer rooms for muslims and footbaths . When a congressman can swear in on the quran and break 200 year old tradition . Try to give away our port security to arabs right after the biggest attack in our history . Leave borders wide open .

There was a site on the search engine that told of border our NORTHERN border agents radiation beepers or detectors went off . They were pursuing a white van with two middle eastern looking men inside , and were told to stand down . That border is seldom mentioned , yet is our most unguarded and consist of a lot of wilderness areas .

Canada has it's arms wide open to middle east immigrants ,they sue the Canadian citizens at drop of a hat, so they are left to do their pleasure there . We too are being sued by some imans who scaired the hell out of airline passengers .

If anyone is interested I can get the sites up .

www.[URL="http://sane-boston.org/aboutserbs-kos.html"]sane-boston.org/aboutserbs-kos.html[/url]

http://i-cias.com/e.o/otterman..htm (broken link)

HistoryMole: Islam (0571-1995)

Last edited by Ga.Peach; 01-04-2008 at 11:22 PM..

Old 01-04-2008, 11:28 PM

214 posts, read 473,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
1918 is when it started for the Western World. They've been at war with each other for 1400 years.

An in 1920 they built their first mosque in Iowa aka the " mother mosque " of the USA.

The Otterman Empire ended in 1922 .

Old 01-07-2008, 02:42 PM

2,008 posts, read 3,326,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
There will always be threats of terrorist attack when the U.S. keeps meddling with the politics of other countries. Would you like it, if China funded a billion dollars for one candidate over another? Would you like it, if China sends over troops and puts a base here in America? It would be in there "interests" to do so and protect China... right? Or maybe across the border in Mexico... until the U.S. stops meddling, and proclaiming it is trying to "free" people from other regimes only to put them in our regime... we will always be hated by others... you can't hate someone who doesn't do anything...
I couldn't agree with this more. We want to run our country without another country telling us what to do, yet we also want to tell other countries how to run their show....

Old 01-07-2008, 02:45 PM

2,885 posts, read 1,984,317 times
I agree - very well said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies