Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 08:40 PM

1 posts, read 768 times

Advertisements

Both Statements are correct all lives matter. In life the good will outshine the bad!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 10:18 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnownUnknown View Post
Men and women can be raped. Men and women are raped. But to try and pretend that the problem is equal between men and women, is disingenuous as best. So when women come forward to combat rape and focus the attention on rape, and some guy comes up and tries to focus the attention away from them and say "what about me" it's just a distraction.

So too is the case with this. Everyone is victim to it, but blacks are particularly at risk. And when it happens, the followup is not the case. It's not just murders, it's general harassment by police officers.
Thats a bad analogy. When we are talking about people, humans... "all lives matter" is a correct statement. Saying black lives matter is distracting us from the issue. We need to treat all people equal. Laws need to be enforced equally for whites and blacks. Black on black crimes need to be enforced. Black on white or white on black crimes need to be enforced equally. You break the law then thats a crime. The law should be enough...

Old 04-22-2015, 10:50 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
The problem with the "black lives matter" slogan is that it's based in the false assumption that lots of people think otherwise and that's the reason black people get killed by police at a disproportionate rate. Of course the real reason is that blacks commit more crimes and therefore have more encounters with police.

Old 04-24-2015, 05:48 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
instead of trying to start an argument, have you ever thought about it from the other side or even trying to understand the argument in and of itself ???

Let me say it like this and see if you understand

"we are hear today at the National Cancer Institute to discuss People with cancer"

Person in crowd

" nope, we need to talk about all diseases, not just cancer"

Thats what you are doing when you say all lives matter( thats what happened here), the sad part is many are doing it for even worse reasons.

Many say it just to mock people, but the phrase black lives matter doesnt mean white lives or asian lives dont matter. it is about the injustices people feel are directed towards black lives.

We should be able to have a discussion about that without people trying to overshadow, mock or drown it out.
The problem with 'Black lives matter' is that it should REALLY be 'Black lives matter.......but ONLY if they're killed by non-blacks or police'.

To use your analogy, let's say someone said the following:

'We're here at the National Cancer Institute to discuss how to prevent and find new ways to treat cancer. Oh and by the way I smoke 5 packs a day, but let's NOT discuss my smoking habit that will eventually lead me to develop cancer and let's just talk about preventing and curing cancer in other people'.

Do you not see how dumb that is? That they want to talk about preventing and curing cancer, yet NOT want to talk about how their smoking habit is causing them to get cancer as well?

Similarly more black lives are lost to being murdered by their fellow blacks in ONE WEEK in the US than black lives are lost to police unjustifiably killing them in probably several years. The question is:

1. why do black lives matter ONLY when they're killed by non-blacks or police?
- Freddie Gray dies in police custody. Time to protest and demand change.
- Freddie Gray gets run over by a SUV driven by a couple of white males. Time to protest and demand change.
- Freddie Gray is standing on a street corner minding his own business and he gets murdered by a random black man after looking at him the wrong way. NO protests and NO demands for change because its 'just another day in the hood'

2, why should non-blacks care about black lives when they don't care about OUR LIVES? Everytime a black person is killed by police or a non-black, they expect us to support them and march with them to demand change. Everytime THEY murder a non-black which is WAY MORE OFTEN, they turn the other way, start whistling dixie and pretend like nothing happened. No apoligies, no remorse. no nothing. Does no one find that to be EXTREMELY hypocritical?? >_>

I mean really how do blacks expect people to take them seriously when they only come out of the woodwork when a cop or a non-black murders one of them, but day after day when dozens of blacks are murdered by other blacks they don't give one sh$t? Shouldn't ALL black lives matter regardless of how they're killed and by whom? Shouldn't a black life taken by another black person matter just as much as a black life taken by a police officer? Yet clearly that isn't the case, so if any black people out there want to die, make sure you get yourself killed by a cop or a non-black person or else you will have died in vain with no one caring about you death.

Old 04-24-2015, 05:52 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
College president sorry for saying 'All lives matter' | Fox News

I guess not sticking to "black" lives matter, she upset a bunch of liberal tools who are sadly the future of our country. I swear, each day that goes by and I see and read stuff like this, I really worry about the future of society.
Well, you see, the Left can't say "all lives matter," because clearly, all lives don't matter to Leftists. If they did, they would have to stand up against abortion. They can't do that. Some lives matter more than others, and right now, "black lives" matter the most.

Old 04-24-2015, 06:37 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Don't resist arrest - don't commit felonies.
That is good advice, it would sure cut down on the shootings self responsibility.

Old 04-24-2015, 07:25 AM

428 posts, read 344,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnownUnknown View Post
Men and women can be raped. Men and women are raped. But to try and pretend that the problem is equal between men and women, is disingenuous as best. So when women come forward to combat rape and focus the attention on rape, and some guy comes up and tries to focus the attention away from them and say "what about me" it's just a distraction.

So too is the case with this. Everyone is victim to it, but blacks are particularly at risk. And when it happens, the followup is not the case. It's not just murders, it's general harassment by police officers.
So far as I can tell, more men than women are raped every year.

Old 04-24-2015, 07:37 AM

428 posts, read 344,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgreenel View Post
I don't have my handy dandy Crime Stat fact sheets but there's an 11% difference in crime rate between Black and White people.

I think you're confusing race and class.
For murder? 7.5 to 1

Rape? 3.25 to 1 or so

Robbery looks like about 10 to 1

It looks like crimes aside from murder and robbery all seem to run about 3.25 to 1

Old 04-24-2015, 02:12 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,771,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eocmedia View Post
Both Statements are correct all lives matter. In life the good will outshine the bad!!
Careful, around here that can be considered a racist statement.

Old 04-24-2015, 02:47 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
An even more startling statistic is the Rape of Black Women by White Men. If you look at the latest numbers from the FBI on their UCR's....the number is downright shocking.
maybe that's why ol' toni is having such a hard time getting her wishes fulfilled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies