Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2014, 10:23 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa1984 View Post
PA has really draconian liquor laws. Pennsylvanians want the state stores gotten rid of the problem is there are entrenched interests that want to keep the state stores going and they keep winning out. Governors for years have been promising to close the state liquor stores but haven't done so. The only grocery store that I'm aware of in PA that is allowed to sell alcohol is Wegman's and they had to fight tooth and nail to get the right to sell alcohol.
Not anymore, Weis and Giant can sell beer now. In some areas, the good Puritan residents of Cumberland County successfully sued Sheetz from selling beer in their gas stations. Most of the opposition to privatizing the state stores and liberating alcohol in the state come from the Hard Right in central PA from Williamsport to Chambersburg to Lancaster and everything in between these 3 cities. Both parties talk big on privatizing the state stores, more so the GOP ironically, but it's not going to happen, just like property tax reform. Every state has their wedge issues, some have gay marriage and abortion as get-out-the-vote wedge issues, ours is liquor and property taxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
In Pennsylvania, it is illegal to carry a pistol, without asking for permission.
PA is a shall issue state, not a may issue state, and PA has some of the most lenient gun laws in the country. Not everybody is an anarchist, BentBow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2014, 10:29 PM

33,535 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
They all told you that in the conversations happening in your head? Gosh. That must keep you up at night.

Guess those voices didn't get a call for this Pew Poll:

Only Six Percent Of Scientists Are Republicans: Pew Poll
Now why doesn't that surprise me?...Republicans seem to be pretty ignorant when it comes to science, or for that matter progress of any kind. I'm neither conservative or liberal, but then I'm a Canadian where people mostly think for themselves and we don't have the fractured political system that exists in the US.

Old 12-20-2014, 10:39 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
Quote:
Hmmmm?

Sounds like the US Constitution applies to the US federal government, Only.
With the States Constitution applying to the States governments. Each state having one.

Quote:
Except, the US Constitution does not apply, or there would be no requirement. That would be an infringement.
1st Amendment establishment of religion was applied to the states in Everson v. Board of Education.
1st Amendment free exercise of religion was applied to the states in Cantwell v. Connecticut.
1st Amendment freedom of speech was applied to the states in Gitlow v. New York.
1st Amendment freedom of the press was applied to the states is Near v. Minnesota.
1st Amendment freedom of assembly was applied to the states in DeJonge v. Oregon.
1st Amendment right to petition for redress of grievances was applied to the states in Edwards v. South Carolina.

2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms was applied to the states in McDonald v. Chicago.

4th Amendment search/seizure was applied to the states in Wolf v. Colorado.
4th Amendment warrants was applied to the states in Aguilar v. Texas.

5th Amendment double jeopardy was applied to the states in Benton v. Maryland.
5th Amendment right against self-incrimination was applied to the states in Malloy v. Hogan.
5th Amendment taking without compensation was applied to the states in Burlington v. Chicago.

6th Amendment public trail was applied to the states in In re Oliver.
6th Amendment speedy trail was applied to the states in Klopfer v. North Carolina.
6th Amendment right to a jury was applied to the states in Duncan v. Louisiana.
6th Amendment right to notice of accusations was applied to the states in In re Oliver.
6th Amendment right to confront witnesses was applied to the states in Pointer v. Texas.
6th Amendment right to subpoena witnesses was applied to the states in Washington v. Texas.
6th Amendment right to counsel was applied to the states in Powell v. Alabama.

7th Amendment re-examination clause was applied to the states in Justices v. Murray.

8th Amendment right against excessive bail was applied to the states in Schilb v. Kuebel.
8th Amendment right against cruel and unusual punishment was applied to the states in Robinson v. California.

Old 12-21-2014, 12:11 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
Who has "suggested that the core of the Earth is a mini sun that actually drives the temps far more than the Sun"?

Has this person studied basic science at a junior high school level yet?
Someone who is not drinking the AGW koolaid I would guess.

Old 12-21-2014, 12:15 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
The entire African continent has been cooler than normal for the last 5 years. Still looking for a place where the temps have risen.

Old 12-21-2014, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The entire African continent has been cooler than normal for the last 5 years. Still looking for a place where the temps have risen.
That is malarky, and I think you know it. Africa is actually much warmer than normal... Notice that I back up my statements with evidence...You should try that sometime. Yes, It Gets Cooler In The Fall. No, That Doesn't Mean Climate Change Stopped. | ThinkProgress

Old 12-21-2014, 01:27 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Quote:
Someone who is not drinking the AGW koolaid I would guess.
I think someone who has been into the vodka too much and pickled their brain cells because they don't know the difference between night and day.

Someone who would say when they wake up in the morning....

"Gosh! It was dark when I went to bed and now it's not dark anymore! What's Up With That?"

Or...

"Gosh! It was cold when I went to bed last night, now it's warmer! I wonder who turned up the earth's core under my place?"

Because that's the level of stupidity we're talking about when someone says the global temperatures are from the earth's core.

Last edited by Ceist; 12-21-2014 at 01:39 AM..

Old 12-21-2014, 01:29 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Quote:
Somebody can pull your finger and find out where all the hot air was hiding.

Old 12-21-2014, 01:38 AM

Here is a simple quiz on how well you understand climate change....Have fun and learn at the same time.... Climate change: fact or fiction - Telegraph

Old 12-21-2014, 04:57 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,657 times
Quote:
In Pennsylvania, it is illegal to carry a pistol, without asking for permission.
In Pa it is perfectly legal to open carry without a license. However, to transport you have to put ammo and gun in separate compartments. With LTC, it doesn't matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies