Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 07:27 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Democrats are for Big Huge Government, Republicans are for Big Government.

I have to hand it to Democrats, at least they're quite honest in their intentions of expanding the control of government. Republicans? Eh, not so much? The fact that Congress is pulling a d*** move like this, proves how dishonest they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2014, 07:27 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I am all for marijuana legalization--the second you take me off the hook for paying for pothead's emphysema and brain damage. Also food stamps to support his munchies, and remedial ed because he did not pay attention in 11th grade algebra.

The second you stop insisting that I pay for the consequences of your drug use, I am for full legalization.
The second you stop insisting that I pay for your knee and ankle surgeries, I will support legalized jogging.

Old 12-11-2014, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I don't think there is a choice. Either they agree to the bill, or the government shuts down tomorrow. GOP did not give any time for any discussion for this 1600 page monster bill. Agree to it, or the government shuts down. Classic.
Kinda like Obamacare.... pass it to find out what's in it.

Old 12-11-2014, 07:29 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I have to hand it to Democrats, at least they're quite honest in their intentions of expanding the control of government. Republicans? Eh, not so much? The fact that Congress is pulling a d*** move like this, proves how dishonest they are.
Do any of you realize that MJ is STILL illegal at the federal level? States can NOT legally make it legal. Just like they can't over ride the fed laws on guns.

Old 12-11-2014, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Dude, MJ is STILL illegal at the federal level! WTF? States legally can't over ride that.
They can and many already have.

Old 12-11-2014, 07:35 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Do any of you realize that MJ is STILL illegal at the federal level? States can NOT legally make it legal. Just like they can't over ride the fed laws on guns.

I'm aware of that. And quite frankly that ban is un-Constitutional! Riddle me this?!!! In regards to alcohol, why did it take a Constitutional Amendment to enact prohibition, and another one to repeal it, but yet no such thing was done with cannabis? Cannabis prohibition is based on nothing but lies, propaganda and pandering to special interests that at the time feared they would lose profits! That goes for cannabis's cousin industrial hemp! It's all BS! And if I'm not mistaken, the reason that prohibition of alcohol was overturned was because states started telling the feds to pound salt!

Old 12-11-2014, 07:51 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times
Quote:
No they legally can't. Do you think states can over ride the federal laws on guns too?

Old 12-11-2014, 08:03 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Sure, and the next president might actually enforce the drug laws, and those shops will be shutting down in a hurry.

Old 12-11-2014, 08:09 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Right wingers say all the time that Democrats are big government and for intrusive control, I am not arguing that part. I am simply saying, this is what we get when Republicans are in control is big government and intrusive control. The GOP can lie all they want about being the party for small government, but times like these always prove otherwise.
It's pretty rich to watch a liberal spout about Republicans lying, not admitting that Dems lie, when they lied their asses off about that train wreck called Obamacare.

BOTH PARTIES LIE, just fricken admit that for once in your life!

There is a difference between Republicans and Conservatives. Those idiots who call themselves Republicans but keep voting for the government to fricken get in the way are NOT Conservatives.

Old 12-11-2014, 08:27 AM

Quote:
No they legally can't. Do you think states can over ride the federal laws on guns too?
Some have overridden the constitution with state gun laws.

States can do whatever they choose until challenged in court.

Since 80 - 90% of all drug enforcement manpower is at the state and local level, they can easily just ignore the federal laws. All governments choose what laws they will enforce and to what degree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies