Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 08:31 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
“The statistics have proven we don’t commit more crimes than anyone else, but we’re more likely to get stopped, detained and arrested,” Wilson said. “The word is getting out and people are more aware of it,” she says.

But where do those statistics come from?

Read more: Articles: Racial Fairy Tales from the NAACP
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook
Even though marijuana use is the same between blacks and whites, blacks are arrested for marijuana possession at a much higher rate. For every 100,000 blacks, 700 are arrested while for whites it is 200.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2014, 09:23 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
“The statistics have proven we don’t commit more crimes than anyone else, but we’re more likely to get stopped, detained and arrested,” Wilson said. “The word is getting out and people are more aware of it,” she says.

But where do those statistics come from?

Read more: Articles: Racial Fairy Tales from the NAACP
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook
The truth always comes out
With the cameras some dirty cops will go to jail but a mountain of young violent black men caught on tape will also go

Look at this pic
Google Image Result for http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/140816114147-01-ferguson-0816-horizontal-gallery.jpg

I watched the thousands demonstrate for the immediate release of OJ
Naacp said they had proof he was the innocent victim of discrimination
Lies lies lies he was Nothing but a vicious merciless murderer

Dead bodies don't lie the black community has a violence problem own your stuff
If only Archie bunker owns his stuff you have only fixed 50% of the problem

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 12-13-2014 at 10:42 AM..

Old 12-13-2014, 09:53 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Read what I wrote. I said that I've been to some lily black neighborhood's and did not have or see any problems. If every black neighborhood was dangerous the nation would be in chaos.

Many times Whites aren't charged like blacks and Hispanics are charged.

There are some serious crime in St. Louis. Criminals are a very very small portion of the population.
Not really. Black people only make up 13% of the population and only live in certain areas. And Detroit, New Orleans, Memphis, etc. ARE in chaos.

Old 12-14-2014, 12:10 PM

78,414 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
You don't drink alcohol? Aspirin? Caffeine? Some foods can even alter our minds the way "drugs" do.

Why do you think other men should pick and choose what "drugs" you consume?

Sorry, I will not listen to Corporatists or a Government that tells me a natually God-given plant is illegal to grow or consume. Good luck blindly following other men the rest of your life, but cannabis makes up the majority of the budget for the war on "drugs" and cannabis-one of the only substances known to man that you can't overdose on- is the reason why most "drug" offenders are in jail.

It's actually pretty disgusting when you consider that the number one cause of accidental death in this country is now CORPORATE drugs yet there are still people like you that think you can hide behind a moral facade of ignorance and imprison MASSES of people for a plant that has NEVER killed a human being.
While I am pro-legalization, in fairness the police etc. have been heavily cracking down on oxy and other prescription abuses. They just busted a doctor not too long ago that was prescribing the stuff to anyone with whatever half-arsed excuse. What got her in trouble was a guy with an extra of a dog (you can see the tail) and she gave him a script for his back pain. lol.

Old 12-14-2014, 12:12 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
While I am pro-legalization, in fairness the police etc. have been heavily cracking down on oxy and other prescription abuses. They just busted a doctor not too long ago that was prescribing the stuff to anyone with whatever half-arsed excuse. What got her in trouble was a guy with an extra of a dog (you can see the tail) and she gave him a script for his back pain. lol.
Haha-yeah and it's about time too. My good friend's Dad went to jail for a few years (pharmacist giving out pain meds like candy). Florida used to be the pill mill capital of the country where anyone could get pills and it was a cash only business. I think they have since cracked down.

I think we are through the worst of the legal drug epidemic, but the surge in heroin use is directly tied to the surge in legal drug use.

Old 12-14-2014, 12:42 PM

19,840 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Even though marijuana use is the same between blacks and whites, blacks are arrested for marijuana possession at a much higher rate. For every 100,000 blacks, 700 are arrested while for whites it is 200.
Care to show your source? Since you are stating specific numbers I assume you have the source handy.

Old 12-14-2014, 01:52 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times
It's 100% true. Whites are more likely to use and sell drugs than blacks. Why aren't they in jail for it?

Old 12-14-2014, 02:22 PM

991 posts, read 629,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
This has been a known true statement. Blacks are charged and prosecuted more for their crime than Whites. I don't think anyone with their right mind would be convinced of anything different.
That is because more whites have a job.
Lawyers charge for their services.

I'd bet that the whites that get convicted are convicted for the very same reason.

Not enough money to hire a real attorney and having to settle for a Pubic Defender will almost always get you jail time!

Being poor is the problem .. not skin pigmentation!

Get over the racist meme and get a job, quit committing crimes!

Old 12-14-2014, 02:24 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by epliny View Post
Being poor is the problem .. not skin pigmentation!
They are not mutually exclusive. One just makes YOU sleep better at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epliny View Post
Get over the racist meme and get a job, quit committing crimes!
Get over your racism.

I have a white collar job in the consulting industry, yet I've still been harassed by police.

Old 12-14-2014, 02:24 PM

19,840 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
It's 100% true. Whites are more likely to use and sell drugs than blacks. Why aren't they in jail for it?
Where are you pulling that load from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies