Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 03:35 PM

335 posts, read 503,557 times

Advertisements

Russell Simmons says Gov. Cuomo promises special prosecutors - NY Daily News

Hip hop impresario Russell Simmons said Wednesday that Gov. Cuomo promised to sign an executive order to require special prosecutors handle future cases of police brutality.

Simmons during a City Hall protest Wednesday over the Eric Garner case said Cuomo made the promise during a conversation earlier in the day. Simmons said he also spoke to de Blasio Wednesday, as well.
"I'm very excited about what the governor said," Simmons said. "I'm going to hold him to it. I have a lot of faith in him. If he said he's going to issue an executive order, we can certainly count on it, but we'll make sure it happens."

A Cuomo spokesman had no immediate comment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2014, 03:41 PM

39,858 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Now that is beyond hilarious. The governor of the state takes his marching orders from a hip hop singer.

I think he would have been better off getting advice from Ron White.

Old 12-11-2014, 03:41 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Really hope this happens and trends across the rest of the country. It's one piece to the puzzle of solving Police corruption.

I'm hoping body cams, Independent Investigators (to investigate complaints), and more citizen friendly laws are also passed.

Old 12-11-2014, 03:43 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Now that is beyond hilarious. The governor of the state takes his marching orders from a hip hop singer.

I don't think you know who Russell Simmons is. He's not a "hip hop singer" he's an extremely successful entrepreneur.

I agree with his suggestion. It's something I've supported.

Old 12-11-2014, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I don't think you know who Russell Simmons is. He's not a "hip hop singer" he's an extremely successful entrepreneur.

I agree with his suggestion. It's something I've supported.
So what? He's a Hip Hop millionaire. What qualifies him to advise a Governor?

Oh, that's right. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Old 12-11-2014, 04:12 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:

A hip hop singer?

Seriously, i know you Idahoans are somewhat hermetically sealed away from the rest of us reasonable Americans, but i figured that Google would at least be a feature of everyday life up there.

He drops your yearly salary on one clothes shopping trip, dude. And that's without buying shoes or a tie.

LMAO..."A hip hop singer." GTHOH

Old 12-11-2014, 04:14 PM

Quote:

Don't forget the renowned Political (Crack Kingpin) Advisor, Jay Z:

Gov. Cuomo held a private rap with Jay Z on Wednesday as he continued his push for a “soup-to-nuts” review of the justice system following the public outcry over the Eric Garner decision.

Cuomo’s confab with Jay came as one of the governor’s allies, hip hop impresario Russell Simmons, said that the democrat had promised to sign an executive order that would give special prosecutors the power to investigate future killings of unarmed civilians by police....

Old 12-11-2014, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumshoe Lady View Post

Gov. Cuomo held a private rap with Jay Z on Wednesday as he continued his push for a “soup-to-nuts” review of the justice system following the public outcry over the Eric Garner decision.

Cuomo’s confab with Jay came as one of the governor’s allies, hip hop impresario Russell Simmons, said that the democrat had promised to sign an executive order that would give special prosecutors the power to investigate future killings of unarmed civilians by police....
Jay Z sold drugs in his youth.

He's since become a multimillionaire businessman in LEGIT ventures.

You think the governors and other politicians in New York's history just started having tet-a-tets with people that had criminal backgrounds in their youth?

Old 12-11-2014, 04:26 PM

39,858 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumshoe Lady View Post

I can't say that I know what a Jay Z is either. Some kid who's parents had a particularly strange sense of humor?

Old 12-11-2014, 04:32 PM

Quote:
I can't say that I know what a Jay Z is either. Some kid who's parents had a particularly strange sense of humor?
You know exactly who he is. You've got the CD's.

Stop it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies