Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 11:03 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,451,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
Nope. The "99" are a whole lot less than 99. They don't represent anyone that matters.

Whom do you think they elected in 2008 and 2012? It must matter to the people complaining about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2014, 11:09 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Do who work of have 401Ks? I work and I have never had a 401K or any employer-provided fringe benefit for that matter.
I guess when I was young I never stopped looking for a job until I found a good one.

Old 12-12-2014, 12:29 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,891,953 times
Putting the word "hippies" in with anything is a stupid notion as "hippies" don't exist anymore and aren't involved with any of it. The long haired kids are but clueless hipsters out to be cool and have fun. Hippies had a point, these folks don't.

Old 12-12-2014, 12:47 AM

1,386 posts, read 1,558,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
no its not odd that you feel indifferent towards the protesters, most people do because the protesters are generally seen as trouble makers.
Actually I would just say they come off as annoying. The reason left wing politics (the protestors are almost always on the left politically) turn people off in the United States is because those on the left pushing left wing policies come off as ******** and moaning while preaching to everyone how they should live there lives. The right can ***** and moan and preach as well but honestly the left just gives off a vibe of an emo a lot of the times.

One of the biggest ******* of the left is Global Warming complaining about rising sea levels and changes in temperature and trying to not so subtly claim we are all going to die a horrible ******* death any day now because we are burning fossil fuels. Which is propaganda ******** and doesn't match reality. I love the film cool it because it gets rid of the politics and just looks at the issue rationally. The left using to much emotion to me when trying to make a point and they come off as whining and preachy which is what turns people away from them.

Last edited by cwa1984; 12-12-2014 at 01:01 AM..

Old 12-12-2014, 09:54 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
We work
some have schedules that are flexible
some do not have work every day or every week, they are between projects etc.
Some like myself are retired or semi retired
some are students
some are unemployed
some work part time
some people will even use vacation days from work

When you see or hear about protests it is not the same people all the time, not everybody is available for every protest, march, vigil.

Depending what the issue that is being protest you may have a totally different group of protesters one day to the next.
Yet you and your buddies attacked those of us who are trying to get out. Yep people like you but you don't know the difference between high income and the truly wealthy. In other words, if you ever do reach higher income you support government taking a bigger chunk. Learn who your enemy is before you attack. Don't fall for a greedy government who knows you don't know any better and uses your own ignorance against you.

Last edited by petch751; 12-12-2014 at 10:54 PM..

Old 12-13-2014, 06:00 AM

2,777 posts, read 1,781,052 times
Since it sounds like the only thing you care about is yourself, it's not all that surprising.
And no, you're not alone.

Old 12-13-2014, 06:17 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,890 times
Quote:
Do who work of have 401Ks? I work and I have never had a 401K or any employer-provided fringe benefit for that matter.
You could be better off not being on a employer 401K. Mine has a index fund and slop after that and who wants to be buying into it now? Better off waiting for the crash or correction and then loading up. The funds they offer do not cover the energy sector and that is where the action is now.

Old 12-13-2014, 06:41 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
What's your point? You could set up your own retirement fund but it sounds like "you chose" not to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies