U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 10:01 AM

14,295 posts, read 8,608,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Prosecute Holder on RICO charges.

He belongs in an orange jumpsuit, as does Lerner.

If the prosecution has to wait 2 years, ok.
If we were a just nation, there would be a lot of politicians and bureaucrats in little rooms wearing orange jump suits.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2014, 10:08 AM

22,173 posts, read 13,653,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Oh, you silly right wingers, always looking for that elusive messiah and projecting that need onto the left. You guys are really fixated on Obama being that messiah for some reason. It's only the right ever tries to associate the two. Grow up.

Which, I suppose, is pretty silly of me to expect on a thread about faux outrage over a pretend scandal.

So you are fine with the IRS being used to persecute and punish political rivals? Are you kidding?

Old 12-15-2014, 10:10 AM

12,798 posts, read 6,934,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
So you are fine with the IRS being used to persecute and punish political rivals? Are you kidding?
How many political rivals (i.e., Tea Party groups) were denied their tax status? Oh, that's right, none.

Old 12-15-2014, 10:13 AM

10,402 posts, read 5,371,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
A special prosecutor would have to be appointed by Eric Holder. He was asked to do so earlier this year by Ted Cruz, and he declined. Here's a good piece by former prosecutor Andrew McCarthy on why a special prosecutor would not be a good idea in the IRS scandal.
No Special Counsel for the IRS Scandal | National Review Online

This piece was written prior to the Nov. election. He argued that what was needed was political accountability, and I believe we got that on Nov 4. Part of the reason that the GOP now controls the US House and Senate is doubtless due to the IRS scandal. One of the agenda items for the new Congress should be legislation to reform the IRS, and simplify the tax code. They can also hit the IRS where it hurts, by squeezing their budget.
Thanks, I'd forgotten it was up to Holder.

I'd oppose a special counsel if I believed some of the things you and the article suggest can actually happen. Even if the R's were committed to a simplified tax code, which I doubt they are, it couldn't happen unless they win the WH. If select committees and subpoenas are the answer, why hasn't more been accomplished. It seems that private groups like Judicial Watch get more done than Congress.

Old 12-15-2014, 10:17 AM

11,087 posts, read 7,454,854 times
The obvious answer to this abuse of taxpayers is to eliminate the abusing agency.

Old 12-15-2014, 02:35 PM

8,030 posts, read 8,016,233 times
Quote:
Oh, you silly right wingers, always looking for that elusive messiah and projecting that need onto the left. You guys are really fixated on Obama being that messiah for some reason. It's only the right ever tries to associate the two. Grow up.

Which, I suppose, is pretty silly of me to expect on a thread about faux outrage over a pretend scandal.
Yes I know, anyone who doesn't bow to your messiah and join your lie that it's a "fake scandal" must be a "right winger." Does this never get old for you sycophants? Apparently not. You all are a lost cause and waste of time.

Old 12-15-2014, 03:14 PM

18,300 posts, read 10,128,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
You said there were answers, but you have dodged providing any answers for the questions.

Let's take them one at a time.

Lois Lerner blamed the targeting on line level people in Cincinnati, how can she then explain the following:
A) The line level people in Cincinnati had documentation that DC had asked for the targeting
B) Line level people in Cincinnati do not have control over other IRS branches, yet targeting happened at IRS branches literally from coast to coast
C) An IRS attorney has stated that the targeting came from an Obama appointee in DC

How do you explain this inconsistency?
***crickets***

The Obamabots on here were comparing me to a birther, saying there were answers, that this is a phony scandal etc....

Yet these same Obamabots REFUSE to have an intellectual discussion and they coward away when asked simple questions backed by facts.

Since no one is willing to tackle why my questions don't deserve answers - is it not clear that everyone realizes that these are valid questions and we should get answers? Are they not putting partisan politics above their personal integrity and the rule of law?

Old 12-15-2014, 03:17 PM

33,002 posts, read 21,918,862 times

Old 12-15-2014, 03:19 PM

17,027 posts, read 10,161,815 times
Quote:
How many political rivals (i.e., Tea Party groups) were denied their tax status? Oh, that's right, none.

How many were held up, harassed and put through the ringer and asked inappropriate questions?

You don't mind that part though since you did not show any concern about it in your post.

Old 12-15-2014, 03:24 PM

18,178 posts, read 12,977,074 times
Quote:
Just enough groups to supress the vote for 2012. The process denied justice and supressed the vote by extending the process beyond the 2012 election and in some cases for years.

The IRS must be disamantled and its minions arrested along with the whitehouse staff that directed them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or