U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 04:59 PM

9,337 posts, read 4,993,303 times

Advertisements

Gee, that is a tough one. I will not disgrace the memory of so many lives taken in Germany in the late 30s and 40s, but this defense is right out of German denial of the horrible fate of millions. Only a few, like Dietrich Bonhoeffer, were willing to stand up and say, "Look world!"

Frankly, I am stupefied at your response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
As to your point two, these emails show the DOJ initiating contact and being directed to Lois Lerner. Not the other way around as your point two implies. Nothing in this particular disclosure shows that anything improper occurred. Nor do the emails show why the DOJ was contacting the IRS.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2014, 05:33 PM

46,038 posts, read 31,265,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Those to be found responsible for their actions.
Then how do you know they did intentionally target right wing groups if you don't even know who did it? How long has this "scandal" been going?

Old 12-15-2014, 06:37 PM

7,555 posts, read 4,263,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Gee, that is a tough one. I will not disgrace the memory of so many lives taken in Germany in the late 30s and 40s, but this defense is right out of German denial of the horrible fate of millions. Only a few, like Dietrich Bonhoeffer, were willing to stand up and say, "Look world!"

Frankly, I am stupefied at your response.
Not sure why you are stupefied. I replied to the part that I have now underlined.

Originally Posted by michiganmoon
#2 Why are you ignoring the fact that the story has just suddenly shifted again. The story was that Lois Lerner had not contacted the DOJ until 2012. Now we know for a fact that she had contacted the DOJ in 2010. Are you willing to accept this as just another coincidence of an honest mistake -- all of these coincidences and honest mistakes point to a cover-up.

Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth
As to your point two, these emails show the DOJ initiating contact and being directed to Lois Lerner. Not the other way around as your point two implies. Nothing in this particular disclosure shows that anything improper occurred. Nor do the emails show why the DOJ was contacting the IRS.

Having dug a little further, as I have posted on this thread, we actually do know why the DOJ contacted the IRS in 2010. The Oversight Committee was already aware of this contact and they have published information about it, including an Internal IRS document reporting on what occurred at the meeting.

Old 12-15-2014, 08:59 PM

12,798 posts, read 6,936,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Just enough groups to supress the vote for 2012. The process denied justice and supressed the vote by extending the process beyond the 2012 election and in some cases for years.

The IRS must be disamantled and its minions arrested along with the whitehouse staff that directed them.
LOL! I see. So Romney would have won if some Tea Party groups had gotten their tax exemption sooner. And I bet you typed that with a straight face. Heck, I bet you even believe it. LOL.

But take heart. McConnell has promised more hearings on this once they take control of the Senate. Between this and the ALL NEW AND IMPROVED BENGHAZI!!! hearings, the Republicans will make sure they do nothing constructive for the next two years.

Old 12-15-2014, 10:18 PM

17,027 posts, read 10,163,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Then how do you know they did intentionally target right wing groups if you don't even know who did it? How long has this "scandal" been going?

"found" responsible = held responsible, not who.

Old 12-15-2014, 10:21 PM

46,038 posts, read 31,265,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
"found" responsible = held responsible, not who.
Well let us know when you guys finally get the answer you all want to here....even though we all know you guys will never accept that actual answers.

Old 12-15-2014, 10:29 PM

17,027 posts, read 10,163,852 times
As along you don't want any answers at all and bury your head in the sand and are happy in the company of those that do the same.

Old 12-16-2014, 05:12 AM

9,337 posts, read 4,993,303 times
I'll throw in disingenuous to the a cowardly denial of what is a clear pattern of lies, disinformation, delay, obstruction and racketeering breaking of the law. Oh, that is right, by any means necessary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Not sure why you are stupefied. I replied to the part that I have now underlined.

Originally Posted by michiganmoon
#2 Why are you ignoring the fact that the story has just suddenly shifted again. The story was that Lois Lerner had not contacted the DOJ until 2012. Now we know for a fact that she had contacted the DOJ in 2010. Are you willing to accept this as just another coincidence of an honest mistake -- all of these coincidences and honest mistakes point to a cover-up.

Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth

Having dug a little further, as I have posted on this thread, we actually do know why the DOJ contacted the IRS in 2010. The Oversight Committee was already aware of this contact and they have published information about it, including an Internal IRS document reporting on what occurred at the meeting.

Old 12-16-2014, 06:10 AM

22,266 posts, read 13,666,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
How many political rivals (i.e., Tea Party groups) were denied their tax status? Oh, that's right, none.

Riveting and Chilling: Victims of IRS Targeting Tell Their Stories on Capitol Hill - Katie Pavlich#!

I guess you need to read up on the scandal a little bit. For those eventually NOT denied their tax exempt status (and that was eventually), your rationale that no crime was committed would be analagous to firing several shots at a person, missing, and claiming there was no crime as the targeted person is not dead!

In your mind, every attempted murder, robbery, theft, or assault is not a crime.

Old 12-16-2014, 01:19 PM

7,555 posts, read 4,263,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
I'll throw in disingenuous to the a cowardly denial of what is a clear pattern of lies, disinformation, delay, obstruction and racketeering breaking of the law. Oh, that is right, by any means necessary.
Have you actually read the emails obtained by Judicial Watch?

There is very little information in them and all the information in them has been known for months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or