U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 12:39 PM

49 posts, read 64,647 times

Advertisements

How come when ever a cop kills someone they always lie and say that the suspect died in the back of the cruiser? Do they think that makes them less liable for their criminal actions? Why do they always tell the same lie? Does anyone have any examples of cops telling this lie? Because I can think of two.
Rate this post positively

Old 12-12-2014, 05:34 PM

12,422 posts, read 9,652,499 times
I'm not sure if this qualifies, but I once had a pet turtle (Snappy). I would take it places, when young I would bring it to "show and tell" day at school. He became very popular over the years, and it became a regular request to bring it to Little League and later HS games. Man those things have a long lifespan! Becoming an adult, Snappy became a regular at the local watering holes. In fact, he enjoyed the drafts and shots of Jose even more than I did. The bartenders were cool with it as long as I got him out of there before he started biting at other patrons (I'll leave those barroom clearing brawls he caused for another day). After last call one night, I was guiding him home along Dexter St (everything still under control now). But that didn't last long, as those extra shots were starting to kick in. At one point it got so bad that he veered into the middle of the road and wouldn't move. I tried nudging him along as usual, but he came close to biting my leg off several times. As traffic was now blocked, a police officer in a cruiser showed up to see what the ruckus was. I politely explain that Snappy has had a rough night and just needs to get home (still 7 or 8 blocks away). The officer says "fine get in the back" to which he opens the rear door of the cruiser. I get in and Snappy follows (as the uniform and blue lights miraculously turn him into the "little angel" he is when sober). As we're riding along, the officer says "How do I know he won't rip some MFers head off tonight?". I said that I would watch and control him. The officer then said "you look a little saucy yourself", to which I'm like "uhhh". He then goes "I'll tell you what, we're gonna hit the Dunks Drive-thru and make sure you fellows are good to go when I drop you off". We pull in, and while I usually just get a black in situations like that the cop gets us all large iced extra extra (but what am I gonna do, tell the officer no?). I drink mine, Snappy gets it about halfway down to which the unthinkable happened. Snappy was dead! There was no motion or any sign of life, and nasty stuff was oozing from underneath him. That cop killed Snappy!

This was a turtle that had lived many years (and would have many more) had that jerko police officer not killed him that night. I can't say whether or not it satisfies the original question, as he ACTUALLY DID die in the back of the cruiser (at least the cop told the truth about that). Now in defense of that cop, there were potentially multiple parties responsible for Snappy's death. The girl at DD might have poisoned the coffee as she looked like she was racist against turtles. Perhaps that stuff is just toxic to some forms of life, who knows. As of now I have several lawsuits going on (one against that incompetent cop).

I miss Snappy.

Old 12-12-2014, 06:38 PM

5,290 posts, read 14,214,372 times
If someone was threatening you, and a cop came along and killed your attacker, you would be mighty happy.

Cops are putting their lives on the line for folks like you...pitiful, but true.

Old 12-12-2014, 06:39 PM

23,601 posts, read 33,088,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessamichaels View Post
How come when ever a cop kills someone they always lie and say that the suspect died in the back of the cruiser? Do they think that makes them less liable for their criminal actions? Why do they always tell the same lie? Does anyone have any examples of cops telling this lie? Because I can think of two.
1. They don't.

2. If it was true it wouldn't and contrary to your likely opinion, cops aren't universally dumb.

3. They don't.

4. Nope!

5. Anyone with an axe to grind can cherry-pick.

Old 12-13-2014, 04:08 AM

2,903 posts, read 2,997,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post

I miss Snappy.
I had a pet turtle, too, thought its name was Pookie. I cried when I read this post. I'm sure Snappy's in a better place...

Old 12-13-2014, 05:02 AM

34,928 posts, read 18,929,852 times
Cops are professional liars and their blue privledge lets them commit and get away with the same crimes they arrest/tax/ cage/assault us for.

Old 12-13-2014, 06:42 AM

9,529 posts, read 5,833,079 times
Cops are not putting their lives on the line, its a trained occupation , its safer than highway workers

Old 12-13-2014, 11:14 AM

406 posts, read 251,142 times
The only "lie" was libotards think the perp is always innocent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOcwszVOgQE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSfkoFA7UCY

Old 12-13-2014, 11:20 AM

11,960 posts, read 11,129,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
Cops are not putting their lives on the line, its a trained occupation , its safer than highway workers
Thank you! People need to stop repeating that lie.

Americans are also more likely to be killed by a Cop than a terrorist in this country.

Old 12-13-2014, 11:27 AM

406 posts, read 251,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Thank you! People need to stop repeating that lie.

Americans are also more likely to be killed by a Cop than a terrorist in this country.
A lie it sure is....

Law Enforcement Line of Duty Deaths in 2014

Second Chance (body armor) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.