U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 02:16 PM

25,504 posts, read 18,746,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The conservative obsession with Iran is something that I'll never understand.
Please correct that to RINOs. Bachman is no Conservative.
Rate this post positively

Old 12-13-2014, 02:27 PM

1,392 posts, read 1,914,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Well, look ... you think she is stupid; but, I have said many time right here on this forum (posted on FB too), that it is time we use our nuclear weapons. That is the only way to end this conflict with terrorism, and end it quickly, saving thousands of American lives. That is why we made the decision to bomb Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

I am not ashamed to say this, either. What do we have these weapons for if our enemies know we will never use them? They are no longer a deterrent.
Please tell me you are kidding. The worst that can happen if Iran gets nukes is that the balance of power changes in favor of Iran and triggers an arms race. Don't bother bringing up Iran using nuclear weapons on Israel because that is not happening and will never happen. No matter how bad that is for the US it does NOT justify a war let alone the use of a nuclear weapon on Iran.

Old 12-13-2014, 02:37 PM

10,898 posts, read 22,239,099 times
Problem with Americans is we haven't had a war on our own soil in 150 years... unless you lived in downtown OKC or Lower Manhattan. Seems like the people I hear pushing war or justifying torture were draft dodgers or never in the military either

So Iran wants a bomb. Maybe it's because we deposed their elected leader and forced them to submit to a puppet of ours all because he dared to not give us priority dibs on their oil? I though America loved democracy? In the 1980s we support our home boy Saddam Hussein in a war with Iran that caused 1 million deaths. Recently we've had severe sanctions on things like civilian air plane parts. More Iranians have died in plane crashes directly due to those sanctions than we lost on 9/11. And I doubt anyone killed on those planes was a direct threat to America

Old 12-13-2014, 02:54 PM

15,834 posts, read 10,799,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Problem with Americans is we haven't had a war on our own soil in 150 years... unless you lived in downtown OKC or Lower Manhattan. Seems like the people I hear pushing war or justifying torture were draft dodgers or never in the military either

So Iran wants a bomb. Maybe it's because we deposed their elected leader and forced them to submit to a puppet of ours all because he dared to not give us priority dibs on their oil? I though America loved democracy? In the 1980s we support our home boy Saddam Hussein in a war with Iran that caused 1 million deaths. Recently we've had severe sanctions on things like civilian air plane parts. More Iranians have died in plane crashes directly due to those sanctions than we lost on 9/11. And I doubt anyone killed on those planes was a direct threat to America
Don't forget the Iranian airliner that the US shot out of the skies. No apologies.

Old 12-13-2014, 02:56 PM

1,024 posts, read 913,001 times
Quote:
Israel is obsessed with Iran. "Conservatives" are obsessed with Iz'rul. Therefore...

Old 12-13-2014, 03:19 PM

22,779 posts, read 13,793,640 times
Quote:
Thus liberal thought. Of course you don't understand.

When treating disease, it is best to treat the cause and not the symptoms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or