Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 05:06 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Sorry...he wouldn't have that bill to sign if Harry Reid tabled it like he's done with almost every other bill.
The Senate could have stopped or amended that bill but Reid forbid it.

Try as hard as you might, this was not steamrolled through by the House.

This was bipartisan and pushed for by Dems and Repubs and the President himself.
You assume I like Harry Reid, that is untrue, I would be happy to see him lose office because he has always been a poor excuse for a Democrat.

This was created by Republicans and they managed to have enough Democrats that care more about Wall Street than the American people to side with them. I would be more than happy to see all of them that voted for this bill to lose office. There are lots of Democrats and a handful of Republicans that seem to care more about the American people than Wall Street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2014, 05:07 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yes I did, and this is something I am not happy with him for signing. Though I am well aware that he wouldn't have anything to sign if Republicans actually didn't put together such a bad bill.
I agree. And I wish he was a lot more assertive, and that more Ds were more assertive as well.

Old 12-16-2014, 05:21 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
All I can say is that there's lots of corporate welfare in that bill as well as changes to regulations/mandates that favor special interests.

Certain health insurance providers get to keep their special tax credits in spite of Obamacare saying they'd be gone.
Michelle Obama's health school lunch mandates got modified and pushed out.
Harry Reid continues to get taxpayer dollars to promote Las Vegas as a tourist spot.
It changed the definition of a small business to the Defense Dept when awarding contracts.
A number of regulations that went into effect over the past 2 years got rolled back and some new ones got pushed out.
The maximum amount of individual campaign donations got a 10x fold increase.

It's full of special interest paybacks and lots of "goodies" that will benefit both D and R politicians in office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies