Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 08:03 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I was "never proud" of Michelle Obama. There's nothing there but anger.
Really? She seems like a nice person in general.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2014, 08:37 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,118,333 times
Quote:
I was "never proud" of Michelle Obama. There's nothing there but anger.
Based on what?

Old 12-13-2014, 08:39 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,118,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
From your article:
Quote:
Asked for a response to the remark, Obama campaign spox Bill Burton said, “Of course Michelle is proud of her country, which is why she and Barack talk constantly about how their story wouldn’t be possible in any other nation on Earth. What she meant is that she’s really proud at this moment because for the first time in a long time, thousands of Americans who’ve never participated in politics before are coming out in record numbers to build a grassroots movement for change."
So why is your version correct and this one not?

Here's both of the quotes in question from your article:

Quote:
Speaking in Milwaukee, Wisconsin today, would-be First Lady Michelle Obama said, "for the first time in my adult life I am proud of my country because it feels like hope is finally making a comeback."

Then in Madison, she said, "For the first time in my adult lifetime, I’m really proud of my country, and not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change.
Wasn't Obama's 2008 campaign mantra about hope and change? Seems like she was just pushing for the campaign mantra. Then again, I usually don't put much thought or hate into the first lady.

Old 12-13-2014, 11:56 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Who says I am giving him a pass? If this bill makes it through the Senate as is and he signs it, I will definitely be mad at Obama for putting us back in the same position we were in that led to the last recession.
Get ur mad face ready.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6321144.html

Old 12-14-2014, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Thankfully all the politicians I voted for voted against this idiotic bill. Cruz is a moron because the only issue he seemed to have is with illegal immigration and not the wasteful Republican spending and loosening of Wall Street regulations. Also it doesn't help that 24 Republicans voted for this bill, as well as 32 Democrats who care more about their Wall Street donors than the American people.

And yes, Obama will probably sign this horrible bill that everyone in the US should be upset about.

Hopefully you are upset about your Republicans pushing through this mistake of a bill through Congress because The House Republicans and both Senate Republicans and Democrats are at fault for this.

Old 12-14-2014, 06:45 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Thankfully all the politicians I voted for voted against this idiotic bill. Cruz is a moron because the only issue he seemed to have is with illegal immigration and not the wasteful Republican spending and loosening of Wall Street regulations. Also it doesn't help that 24 Republicans voted for this bill, as well as 32 Democrats who care more about their Wall Street donors than the American people.

And yes, Obama will probably sign this horrible bill that everyone in the US should be upset about.

Hopefully you are upset about your Republicans pushing through this mistake of a bill through Congress because The House Republicans and both Senate Republicans and Democrats are at fault for this.
Of course he'll sign it. The WH lobbied the Dems in Congress to vote FOR this bill.

Old 12-14-2014, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Of course he'll sign it. The WH lobbied the Dems in Congress to vote FOR this bill.
Yep, and thanks to the Republicans in the House and the Republican Senators and Democrat Senators that care more about Wall Street we get a spending bill that should have never made it through Congress.

It surprises me that not more Republicans and Conservatives aren't upset with their own party because of this.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:41 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Yep, and thanks to the Republicans in the House and the Republican Senators and Democrat Senators that care more about Wall Street we get a spending bill that should have never made it through Congress.

It surprises me that not more Republicans and Conservatives aren't upset with their own party because of this.
^^^^ Obama lover alert. What ever Obama does even when wrong he'll either defend him or divert. News Flash urban..

Obama has been pushing for this bill to to pass.

You should have known that when he overstepped on immigration there was more to come. You thought Obama was all big and bad as he overstepped his authority with illegal immigration, you wanted it because Obama wanted it, now deal with the rest that will come.

Last edited by petch751; 12-14-2014 at 08:51 AM..

Old 12-14-2014, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Obama has been pushing for this bill to to pass.[/b]

You should have known that when he overstepped on immigration there was more to come. You thought Obama was all big and bad as he overstepped his authority with illegal immigration, you wanted it because Obama wanted it, now deal with the rest that will come.
Then the Republicans must start taking their orders from Obama because without them this bill would have never passed Congress. All of my Congressmen voted against this bad bill, did yours?

Old 12-14-2014, 08:54 AM

4,582 posts, read 3,408,767 times
Quote:

I AN ABSOLUTELEY LIVID OVER THIS BILL AND WITH MY PARTY. And I thank you for your honest assessment. Now, as per your comment. How do we get people mad about this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies